G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Custom Spoiler Project ~ Picture Heavy :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Strafe Automotive
We sell both HD and Our trunks. What is the confusion. We watermarked it with permission from the former owner of your car to show we sold these trunks.
BUT your calling the HD trunk in the picture a Strafe K2... its not a Strafe K2 its an HD trunk

I'm not talking about your Strafe v1, v2, or v3 trunks just the K2

May you please remove that picture of my car?

If Aaron gave you permission to use the picture, i have him ask you to remove it if you would like or you can just call it the HD trunk and use the pic

Thanks,
-Wes

Last edited by Beebo; 02-15-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
I've directed him to this thread so he can chime in personally.
I want to clear this up now, I"m not here to stir the pot, or call anyone out. I believe in informed decision making. I certainly personally appreciate having a great supplier like Strafe around for our stuff, without aftermarket support we'd be doing some pretty silly things, or rather, NOT doing a lot of things. This is especially true for sedans. It's just abundantly clear that there is a misconception, and some bad reviews, I'm not making this up, I've read it before having it mentioned in this thread. Rather than have people bash a product let's allow this discussion to take place to clear up any issues there may be, and try to find a solution perhaps?

I'll also add these, in the hopes that SD won't mind. He seems like a good guy, and with the car being so gorgeous, it's nice to post it. Also, to be fair, before I was looking at purchasing this trunk and really diggin into it, I never noticed these fitment issues. But, I feel it's important to clear this up especially with "Law" assuring me back and forth that the fitment and quality is so amazing.

I'm just going to let pictures talk for this fitment part:

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-15-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Wes I will fix it when I get a chance. Like I said I'm working on the site and right now I'm woking on credit card stuff. When I get to the content of the site I will fix the label. The pic like I said is of Aaron's car and we have permission to use it. Sorry I'm not here to arguer and actually I have answered the questions at hand. OP I hope you are satisfied now to your questions...Take care guys I really need to get back to the check out page on my website.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
all is good then from my end. Thanks Law

Good luck OP

The following users liked this post:
Strafe Automotive (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
OP I said we were spot on. Aftermarket parts do not fit like OEM parts. Its a fact. We are very close and sorry if it isn't perfect.][ I also stated Our quality. I'm not going to argue with you. If you aren't happy with Our fitment I apologize this is what we offer. Take care and I hope you decide soon in what product you want. If you decide to go with Us thank you in advance.

I really find it unfair you posted my PM's....If you need to make a order you may email me. I'm not going to PM with you as I don't want to have anything I say be put public and have any drama. Sorry but I want to remain drama free this yr if I can..

Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Plus as most know I have been working on our website and things seem a bit mixed up still..I have asked our customers to cut me a bit of slack here until I can get it up and running. This is all new to me. I'm not a website guy..Everyday I learn more and more about this stuff. I have also been running Strafe for about a week now with Dustin being around here and there. He is trying to take care of some personal things...

Really Beebo we got permission before you owned the car.

Plus the OP never showed me a Picture and asked about our K2 so i assumed it was Our trunk and not the HD..
I specifically mentioned the HD trunk as well as the K2. I even referred to them as copies/one and the same. This is clearly posted in PM and here.

OP why would you post my PM's? That wasn't cool...
Removed at your request.

We sell both HD and Our trunks. What is the confusion. We watermarked it with permission from the former owner of your car to show we sold these trunks.
Originally Posted by Beebo
BUT your calling the HD trunk in the picture a Strafe K2... its not a Strafe K2 its an HD trunk
This. Again, you're saying that the K2 is different, yet the only pictures are of the "HD", which you tell me is not of good quality.
And I asked for pictures of your K2 trunk and you pointed me to SDGenius' thread showing his CF V2 trunk, again, a completely different trunk.
I still have yet to see ONE picture of this 'different' K2 trunk you have. Of course I still have questions, I am personally having a hard time understanding why these legitimate questions are getting ignored and followed by somewhat a somewhat degrading line of questioning, suggesting there are many photos, and hinting that I'm a Noob and that's why I'm confused.

Sorry I'm not here to arguer and actually I have answered the questions at hand. OP I hope you are satisfied now to your questions....
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't feel like any questions have been answered at all....I also do not want to argue by any means, I just want an answer as to what you have for sale here. I want to know what I'm buying, that is all.

At your request, I'll remove these messages now.

As I said earlier, I just want to get this cleared up. I'm doing so publicly so that this is clear to more people than myself. If you want free advertising, here it is dude, show us your "K2" trunk, we want to see it, and know how it's different/better.

Also, have you revised the V2 trunk since the pictures you directed me to of SDGenius'?

Thanks for chiming in man, hopefully we can keep this on track and settle some of these questions? Perhaps it's best to just wait for Dustin's return so he can better answer these questions?
Please inform.

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-15-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Like I said I don't handle the bodykits. I even told you. I tried to answer you the best I can with what I had in a PM. And yes PM's are usually kept in PM..Unless I insulted you. Really I was trying to answer you without saying anything bad about a certain product or put anyone or their parts down Sorry but at this point I don't feel comfortable in PM with you.

Now you know what is a K2 and what is a HD trunk so now its just up to what you like. Hopefully the sedan guys can help you from here on out. My partner will take care of you from here on out. He will be up and running but also catching up on his 100 plus emails, pm's and we both we be getting Our other customers orders out. Please be patient as he might not get back to you right away. Thanks

Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Also, in the pics posted of the "V2" trunk, it appears that the trunk COULD be lowered to fix all these fitment issues, I'd have to let SDGenius comment on that though.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Like I said I don't handle the bodykits. I even told you. I tried to answer you the best I can with what I had in a PM. And yes PM's are usually kept in PM..Unless I insulted you. Really I was trying to answer you without saying anything bad about a certain product or put anyone or their parts down Sorry but at this point I don't feel comfortable in PM with you.

Now you know what is a K2 and what is a HD trunk so now its just up to what you like. Hopefully the sedan guys can help you from here on out. My partner will take care of you from here on out. He will be up and running but also catching up on his 100 plus emails, pm's and we both we be getting Our other customers orders out. Please be patient as he might not get back to you right away. Thanks
That's fine dude I'm not trying to start any drama here, not sure why you're so upset that I posted our PMs, I was simply trying to get answers from the Sedan guys here who know the products and are saying the opposite of what you were
I'm sure you can understand that confusion. I've also removed all PM's from this thread because of your concerns about it.

And again, I still have no idea what a "K2" trunk looks like. Seems I'm not the only one either. I, along with a few others I"m sure, will look forward to clarification from Dustin on his return, thank you.

I might say, the simple answer of "I don't handle the body kit components and I'll have to direct you to Dustin when he returns" would have more than sufficed, and probably eliminated all this confusion alltogether, for future consideration.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
K2 or V2 is on SD's car. website will be updated. K2 is our coupe trunk

HD is on Beebo's

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...runk-sale.html link to sedan trunks

Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Also, in the pics posted of the "V2" trunk, it appears that the trunk COULD be lowered to fix all these fitment issues, I'd have to let SDGenius comment on that though.
Like I said these are what we offer as our products.... Ok OP sorry but I'm heading back off the forum now I really need to get back to the web site issues. I have provided you with a link to Our trunks and hope that helps

Old 02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
the way the revers lights line up is just a hair off, only amplified slightly on the drivers side due to me running one trunk lid shock on that side. i don't doubt that it could be "fixed" but it doesn't really bother me that much, some angles make it look more off that it really is and some angles make it look flush. despite the confusion i'd still say that the Strafe v2 is the "best" aftermarket g sedan trunk available. i do love my v1 though.

The following 2 users liked this post by SDGenius:
Strafe Automotive (02-15-2012), TunerMax (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
K2 or V2 is on SD's car. website will be updated. K2 is our coupe trunk

HD is on Beebo's

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...runk-sale.html link to sedan trunks
Ok thanks very much for clearing this up! Much appreciated. I'm really glad I didn't just order it then, you need to hop over there and fix that dude
I'll speak with Dustin regarding the HD trunk then and it's quality, because that style is what I'd prefer, especially seeing as all you have available is CF....
Thanks again Law.
-Matt

Originally Posted by SDGenius
the way the revers lights line up is just a hair off, only amplified slightly on the drivers side due to me running one trunk lid shock on that side. i don't doubt that it could be "fixed" but it doesn't really bother me that much, some angles make it look more off that it really is and some angles make it look flush. despite the confusion i'd still say that the Strafe v2 is the "best" aftermarket g sedan trunk available. i do love my v1 though.
That's very helpful thanks man. Glad you don't mind my posting them to illustrate things a bit better
You very nice guy
I agree the lines aren't that noticable, 90% of people would have no idea even up close and personal. It's just the few of us enthusiasts that may note it, even still, it's not aweful.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts

I never know what to think about that custom tailight job you did, I think it kind of looks like a Mazda 3, but I don't dislike it, and I LOVE the originality. Also creates a gorgeous line from the lip on the trunk down onto the quarter/tailight.
Have you ever thought about moulding the whole light in on the trunk and the bottom of the quarter? I think that's why it looks so weird, only the top is moulded in but there's a gap everywhere else, cuts up the otherwise very smooth lines you have going on.
I hate to break up the Strafe drama.... but I realized I never responded to this (started to from phone a couple days ago, but too long).

I actually did consider molding in some other areas, but it's not possible to make the paint scheme work unless everything its body color... also considered having a line etched in to flow with the rest of the gaps, but body shop was concerned about cutting all the way through (not knowing how thick or thin the lens plastic is).

I ended up having a black line painted across the top to mimic an actual gap (after the photo was taken)... one of these days I'm going to go for the recessed/etched line (if it goes too deep, start over I guess).

From a distance it's not even noticeable - so really, only in close up photos and at meets or shows is it even an issue... but it is something that initially bothered me a bit too. I still also need to address the darkness (that's a whole other situation that has reasons, but I've gone too long with this post already)

Now back to As the Strafe World Turns

TunerMax (02-16-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's very helpful thanks man. Glad you don't mind my posting them to illustrate things a bit better
You very nice guy
I agree the lines aren't that noticable, 90% of people would have no idea even up close and personal. It's just the few of us enthusiasts that may note it, even still, it's not aweful.
Matt take it from someone who is a perfectionist about his car, you will not be happy with either any of the trunks Strafe sells. They will never line up correctly, I have seen both in person and it's kept me from buying that style of trunk which sucks because I love the look. And the continued argument aftermarket pieces never fit correctly is bunk, I've seen plenty of aftermarket parts fit perfectly including my Ionic emblemless grill.

I'm not trying to create more drama here, just passing along what I think is helpful info for you to consider.

threatcon07 (03-06-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Spoiler Project ~ Picture Heavy :)