G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Oh, not at all. It will work fine. That portion is just for looks.
Thanks a lot got the same answer from some local G members. Now to grab my heat gun and finish this transformation!

Old 03-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Just had the rest of the car repainted from a previous bad paint job the last owner had done like 5 years ago. Plus getting rid of the cheap soft Infiniti paint. Basically the whole car has been repainted.

Also changed the spark plugs for the 2nd time. First time I changed them at 120k and now again at 180K. The NGK are rated for 100K miles but doesn't hurt me or my wallet to do them earlier. $55 for the NGK Laser Iridium on Rockauto and 25 minutes of my time. One of the easiest things to do. I'm surprised I have 180K miles on the original valve covers and NO LEAKS!! Guess I got lucky. *knock on wood*

Also changed the cabin filter. The one I took out had about 50K miles on it.

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
After spending that kind of money on paint, I'd definitely polish it properly to make sure they aren't any buffer swirls in it then protect it with something like Optimum Gloss Coat.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Been a long time since I posted anything good, but here's a small project I've been working on. More to come soon and this build has been inspired by a lot of the OG memebers that I've had the pleasure of meeting and becoming friends with over the years.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Our Nissan/Infiniti group met up yesterday.

Name:  IMG_20170328_144525_zpsf0z1hb4q.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  2.01 MB

Old 03-30-2017, 12:28 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Been a long time since I posted anything good, but here's a small project I've been working on. More to come soon and this build has been inspired by a lot of the OG memebers that I've had the pleasure of meeting and becoming friends with over the years.
What's up old friend, good to hear from you, I for one am glad you still pop in here from time to time. The new project looks promising, I've always loved the Nismo kit for the sedans. Was probably my number one regret modding my 05 that I didn't convert to it. Good luck, keep us posted with progress and don't be a stranger mmmmmmkay?!?!

Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
1sick, I love the look of your sedan. Super clean. Definitely interested to see what's in stored for the future

Old 03-30-2017, 04:15 AM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
What's up old friend, good to hear from you, I for one am glad you still pop in here from time to time. The new project looks promising, I've always loved the Nismo kit for the sedans. Was probably my number one regret modding my 05 that I didn't convert to it. Good luck, keep us posted with progress and don't be a stranger mmmmmmkay?!?!
How's it going man!? Been a long time! Hope all is well with you Glad to see there's a few familiar faces still around! Makes me sad that most of the other guys are gone now, but that's life

I'm planning a few subtle things, a lot of JDM parts and quality parts for that matter. I have a good stash of parts I put away in anticipation of this

Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV
1sick, I love the look of your sedan. Super clean. Definitely interested to see what's in stored for the future
Thank you! I'll make sure to post all the small updates I do. Just keeping her clean and simple. The original owner took really good care of her and I plan to do the same

Here's how the audio is looking, just had it done with the JDM DD Kit.

Here's a little teaser of what else is coming

Old 03-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took on the task of installing a Motordyne TDX exhaust on my 04 X. Just finished not too long ago.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:09 PM

Talk about the ultimate tease.

We need details and a LOT more pictures...........

Old 03-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Talk about the ultimate tease.

We need details and a LOT more pictures...........
hahaha i didnt take too many pictures from under the car. Everything bolted right up but the right side was the tough part. There is a small connecting pipe that runs off the resonator to a longer pipe with bends in it that run to the tips. I had to switch the bent pipe out with it and attached it to the resonator. The small connecting pipe runs from the bent pipe to the final one with the tip. The y pipe on the passenger side has to be dented in about half an inch or so to clear the transfer case. The spare tire area had to be cut in order to make room for the end pieces to fit on correctly with that big resonator/muffler. I dont carry a spare so it wasnt a big deal for me. I sealed it with some roofing stuff with aluminum on one end and adhesive on the other. Car sounds great. FYI--the exhaust sits lower than the stock exhaust and rubs a little on speed bumps now which is a bummer. So avoid those if u take on the task. It was twisting and turning the bent piping to make it just right more than anything. I snatched this exhaust up for a mere $40 (off a guy who wasnt familiar with these cars and thought it was too loud) and decided to gice it a shot. If it didnt work then i would of just sold it.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:22 AM

I read years ago when this was discussed before the member doing it mentioned he had to relocate the evap box on the rear passenger side, did you as well. This swap was discussed a ton way back when but I remember only 1 person ever posting they did it.

And $40?!?!?!?! You should be in jail for theft, that's just insane but congrats on the deal of the century.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I've never really paid attention or noticed this thread, but figured I would add a quick post on my latest 2 jobs about a week or so ago.

I had a stripped driver seat gear that i finally got around to replacing. The cost of that little plastic gear replacement used to always be like $60 when I looked in the past, but I found they have dropped and grabbed a super cheap one off Ebay for like $13 and it worked perfectly. Hardest part of the replacement was jb welding the magnet back together as it was in 2 pieces.

My dashboard analog clock decided to die and after searching Ebay a few times I finally found a replacement that wasn't all scratched up or covered in odd dots. It took some work to figure out how to pop the clock out of the AC display unit, but I didn't want to put in an entirely new AC display unit. Overall it wasn't the easiest job since there aren't any write-ups that I could find for the 05/06, but I got it handled and have a working clock again.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
What...................

$40............

UGH!

Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 AM

^^lolol yep, and it went on a sedan!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?