G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Most dash controls wont work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most dash controls wont work

So this is my last effort before biting the bullet and going to Infiniti.
i was replacing my radio and i went to unplug the climate control wire and it seems that i split the positive and grounded it out by accident.
Now i have a laundry list of problems.
-Car wont leave park without using the shift lock
-Climate control display wont work
-Cannot use heat or AC
-Radio wont work
-Cruise control wont work
-Heated seats wont work
All this and my clock still works and my passenger airbag indicator still works. Also the cigar lighter works as well
i checked a few fuses and no luck
what should be my next step?

Old 02-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Hmm I dunno about everything else, but I found this thread regarding radio and climate control not working. Seems like a common problem.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...working-5.html

Old 02-15-2018, 03:50 PM
I assume i blew something seeing that i accidently grounded the power wire with the battery connected

Old 02-15-2018, 04:04 PM
I assume i blew something seeing that i accidently grounded the power wire with the battery connected

Old 02-15-2018, 04:17 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Disconnect the battery and check ALL FUSES, including the Fusible Link (attached directly to the positive battery lug), IPDM (one behind battery), and the Fuse Block - J/B (one next to the clutch pedal). You'll likely find the blown fuse and save yourself $125 for a diagnostic.

Start with the fusible link and work your way downstream, my gut feeling is it's one inside the IPDM, make sure you get the cover back on properly.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:24 PM
So i checked the ones in the small black box and those are good. I checked the ones by my foot (automatic sadly) and no luck. I didnt check all the ones by my foot though. And i can still drive the car with no problems

Old 02-15-2018, 04:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What is "the small black box". There are 3 components, Fusible Link, Intelligent Power Distribution Module, Fuse Block - J/B.

Fusible link is literally the positive battery terminal, on the front facing side are the master fuses you can look through the plastic to determine if they're blown.

IPDM sits directly behind the battery and has a weatherproof cover that needs to be removed, individual fuses need to be pulled to check condition, battery compartment cover must be removed and I also suggest removing the entire battery to give yourself more room.

Fuse Block - J/B is next to the clutch pedal and has a cover over it as well, there is an access window trim plastic that can be removed but it's easier to take the entire trim piece off, fuses need to be removed to check condition.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:49 PM
I saw a black box that was covered that had some fuses right in front of the battery. I didnt notice anything else in the area. It only had maybe 10 fuses in it

Old 02-15-2018, 04:54 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That was probably the fusible link, the IPDM is near the battery and has about 20 or so fuses and various relays.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:03 AM
Patrick Findlen , 02-15-2018 02:09 PM

I also have sorta the same issue. I have a 2005 infiniti g35 and the back windshield was busted out of it... Which is almost completely fixed now. On the rear window there are 2 metal like clips that attach to one side and then one clip for the drivers side... Well, problem is, on the new window i installed doesnt have the clip on the window to attach it correctly. I was able to take the piece off of the old windshield, but Im a girl... I have no idea how to ""sauder"" the metal piece to my windshield correctly without messing something else up. Ever since the back windshield was busted out and i went over a bump in the road, my entire climate control system stopped working. My radio works just fine, display, sound, all buttons on the radio and stearing wheel.... On the other hand... No heat, no air, the buttons do not work or light up, and the temperature display, thats on both sides of my clock aren't working either (but the light on the clock works i think) also... NO HEATED SEATS ANYMORE... (BUMMER) The lights that used to light up when i would push the button to turn on the heated seats don't even light up anymore!! Any suggestions???? Please help i love my car but it's driving me crazy, also DANGEROUS, having no kind of defrost at all!! OH AND... My car wont leave park without using the shift lock. Ya know... Removing the plastic piece near gear shifter and pressing a tiny screwdriver down in there while holding the brake so it will shift from park. Every single one of these problems all occurred all at once! WHAT'S GOING ON? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ashley Ivey; 03-12-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: I forgot about the shifting issue ALL these problems happened all at once?!?!?!
Old 03-12-2018, 12:09 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Probably rear window defroster circuit shorted out against the chassis and blew one of the fuses in the IPDM that controls all that stuff. Fuse might be located in Fuse Block -J/B also, can't remember. Start by checking the window connections because one is probably blackened a little where it made contact, if you have to just tape off the wire with electrical tape. Any auto window repair place can solder the components properly.