G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Better Sounding Muffler - Stock No Good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better Sounding Muffler - Stock No Good

I used to own 97 325IS with M3 muffler on it - nice lower deep sound. Not very loud at all. Well my new 05 G35 - great ride - but I'm not too thrill about the way how the muffler sounds (inside and outisde). At first, it didn't bother me - now I want to do something about it. I need to make it quieter - and I'm afraid I might make it worse - ending up sounding like one of those rice-racers. Doesn't that high internal muflfler sound annoy anybody - when driving with all windows up??

Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 AM
The fujitsubo and Nismo exhausts are the only ones that get quieter than stock. The tips on the fuji are huge but the sound is actually mellow until you get up to about 5K then it sounds a little louder than stock. Everyone else gets ridiculously louder i.e. RSR w/silencers, Injen, Greddy, HKS, Magnaflow etc. im sure there may be some other quiet ones out there but i've never heard them.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow stock too loud? Most people go for a more aggressive sound. This is the first time 've seen someone post saying that stock is too loud.Well good luck finding one. Maybe a muffler shop can modify yours with a silencer and charge way less than buying a whole other system. Maybe you can look into that.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
sell it....buy a Camry. Yeeesch.....shhhhhh...keep it down, you might hear the sound of power..lol

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 03-17-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
sell it....buy a Camry. Yeeesch.....shhhhhh...keep it down, you might hear the sound of power..lol
ouch. jbx, you and i seem to be on the same page many times. not on this one... i would bite back for that comment. funny thing is that i recently started a thread just like this in the "exhaust" forum titled "sometimes i rather not have the note." and i got the same thing.. "buy a camry". not a cool reply. check out the thread for a couple laughs.

anyways, a couple of people were helpful. one suggested a resonator, another recommended to dynamat my car. personally, the resonator seems like a simple and logical choice.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I find the exhaust note, inside and outside, to be perfectly acceptable for a sports sedan. I wouldn't want it any louder though, since most aftermarket exhausts tend to drone on the highway. I think Infiniti did a great job engineering the sound of the sedan exhaust.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by nouse4aname
The fujitsubo and Nismo exhausts are the only ones that get quieter than stock. The tips on the fuji are huge but the sound is actually mellow until you get up to about 5K then it sounds a little louder than stock. Everyone else gets ridiculously louder i.e. RSR w/silencers, Injen, Greddy, HKS, Magnaflow etc. im sure there may be some other quiet ones out there but i've never heard them.
Who has the RSR on their sedan? I didn't realize they had a sedan product. What do you mean by silencers?

Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by nouse4aname

Just want to point out this is the sedan forum and you've posted info that applies to the coupe and not to the sedan. Sedan's of course don't use the coupe's rear muffler layout, and several of the companies you mention do not make system's for the sedan. RSR and Magnaflow do not offer a sedan exhaust system at this time. Injen continues to drag it's feet in releasing it's sedan system, it will be a single muffler system, may or may not be dual piped, other project's have been getting in their way. Nismo does not offer a sedan system in the U.S., they do offer a sedan system in Japan, Japanparts.com does carry it,......for a price.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:06 PM
"G" Spot
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX

LOL...always there for a good laugh......

But he might be on to something. The exhaust sounds like that due to the flow of the exhaust. If you want to quiet it down you would have to restrict the airflow in some way. That restriction might cause a loss of power.

Of course it might not be that big of a hit, but still..

I personally think it's too quiet...i want a growl from the engine and a ROAR from the back when I punch it.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Wow stock too loud? Most people go for a more aggressive sound. This is the first time 've seen someone post saying that stock is too loud.Well good luck finding one. Maybe a muffler shop can modify yours with a silencer and charge way less than buying a whole other system. Maybe you can look into that.
Put the car in Maxwell Smarts "cone of silence" !(LOL) sorry, some of you may be to young to remember the "Get Smart" show.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
Put the car in Maxwell Smarts "cone of silence" !(LOL) sorry, some of you may be to young to remember the "Get Smart" show.
^^^LOL

Would you believe.......
Ziz iz KAOS

Old 03-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I Replaced Mine With A Magna-flow And Also Got Ut Y-pipe And Stright Pipe Replace Resinator I Probably Need To Add A Resinator Of Some Kind But I Love How It Sounds

Old 03-17-2005, 01:45 PM
oh, my bad. i just clicked on new posts and did't realize it. sorry.

Old 03-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
Then again, some of us aren't.. LOL!

Old 03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Cool Stock muffler

I love the sound of the stock pipes! Not to loud, not to quiet. I would just like more flow...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Better Sounding Muffler - Stock No Good