G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 5AT mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Like always, starting trouble. Since when do YOU get to ask for proof? You have repeatedly NOT supplied proof of various claims. Namely flaming Dave. Now please explain how you can NOT provide any proof then in the very same thread, DEMAND proof of someone else??
Like I said 100x where have I so repeatedly not supplied proof of claims?

DaveB has YET to provide any proof. And I am not the only one on his case about this. Everything I have posted has had proof backing my claims.

Sad......

Oh man I am way past my 30 sec time on replying to people that think they know it all!

Old 11-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Premier Member

I am done here. This will just go into childish behavior like they all do.

Everyone peace out. Don't let the troll Jeff beat you guys up too much. He is known to do that a lot.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Sorry if I had copyrighted material that needed to be taken down and it wasn't.
Is that an invitation to post the links here?

Edit: Why are you here in the first place? You don't own a G35! You are here because your "friends" DaveB, BrianV, and so on told you about this happening in OT section of maxima.org. I know you guys are bad mouthing all about this since I do have a IN in that section with someone I know on maxima.org.
That is 100% false and incorrect. Why do you need to have an "in" there anyway Russ? If you are a donating member you can go in there yourself and comment? Let me know who it is Russ as that is a permanent bannable offense.

If you have taken the time to READ any of my posts on Shing's board, you would know why I'm here. In fact if you had taken the 3 sec to review ALL of my previous posts (of which there are few), you would that I was posting here before whatever "this" is. And that "this" has absolutely NOTHING to do as to why I'm here. In fact, up to about a week or so ago, I had no idea Brian was here.

How off base can someone be Russ? Is your incorrect and childish attitude the reason why some members are taking pot shots at me even though I have done NOTHING here (or anywhere else for that matter) to warrant it?

Threats of a lawsuit and emails to the site provider is "blowing it out of proportion"?

Old 11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Like I said 100x where have I so repeatedly not supplied proof of claims?
Please show where even ONE link is provided to back your statement.

1) I am not your slave that has to do a seach for you. Do it yourself. You might learn something. It is out there.

2) From many cars to trucks it has been proven to gain a great deal of power. The G35 gained a good amount of power. DaveO proved this on dynos and his runs he posted a while back. You have yet to prove otherwise. So I have no clue why you keep argueing about this?

3) End the search stuff? LOL!!!!!!! If you actually did a seach you would find the reliable data for this info instead of argueing with me. Many here are sick of you and a few others. You haven't backed your claims on anything. Just from my experience in the Maxima days. If you want to go that far, I have more Maxima experience than you or your other pals here.
DaveB has YET to provide any proof. And I am not the only one on his case about this. Everything I have posted has had proof backing my claims.
According your own logic, Dave has provided just as much "proof" as you did by NOT providing specific links to the statements you had.

Oh man I am way past my 30 sec time on replying to people that think they know it all!
Exactly where did I (or Dave for that matter) say we did know it all? That again makes absolutely no sense. If that were true, I would have no need to be here. Again incorrect.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Don't question him as an editor unless you have read his stuff and have something to back it up. Not just the fact that it is slander to him but the fact that it is hurtful to the magazine and therefore other people's reputations.
Is this the statement you found slanderous?

Originally Posted by DaveB
What's most upsetting about all this is that an EDITIOR of a car magazine doesn't understand the very thing he reasearches and writes about. That's very damaging because so many people will read his articles and accept them as gospel because he's an "expert".
Slander was not intention. I just find it scary that a guy that researchs and tests power modifications for a magazine doesn't know or understand that gaining power doesn't necessarily constitute a faster accelerating car? That's what most people are looking for when they buy a power mod. It's dangerous writing when he's actually publishing this stuff to a mass audience. Wouldn't you agree?

As for something back it up my point, I did. I posted how to calculate the ideal shift points, the Cartest results, average HP across the powerband, etc to prove my point. I don't know what else I can do.

Also, if want to talk about slander, why not take a look at what DaveO, Russ, ChicagoX, and a handful of others have said about myself

.......Take it for what you will.
Sure thing. I'm always up for a good debate and I don't take anything personal. I hold no grudges.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by DaveB
Is this the statement you found slanderous?
Slander was not intention. I just find it scary that a guy that researchs and tests power modifications for a magazine doesn't know or understand that gaining power doesn't necessarily constitute a faster accelerating car? That's what most people are looking for when they buy a power mod. It's dangerous writing when he's actually publishing this stuff to a mass audience. Wouldn't you agree?

As for something back it up my point, I did. I posted how to calculate the ideal shift points, the Cartest results, average HP across the powerband, etc to prove my point. I don't know what else I can do.

Also, if want to talk about slander, why not take a look at what DaveO, Russ, ChicagoX, and a handful of others have said about myself
Yes that was the statement that I found to be slanderous. I disagree with you regarding your second part of that answer but I doubt there is anything that would change your mind in that opinion.

As for the proof I referred to - I wasn't asking you for proof that what you were saying was right. I meant proof that what he was saying was incorrect. That whole arguement started to boil down to two people with no love for one another to say the least pointing out things that while related to one another were in fact not the same point. I addressed this in that thread and did not get a response. This is someone else's thread about something else - we can "pop" back over there to discuss those things.

I don't support other people's bad behavior. I called you out on your statements regarding Dave as an editor simply because I feel that if you have not read his articles then you have little area to address him as an editor. Address him as a site sponsor, or something else but addressing him as an editor in the light you did puts a bad face on the magazine for what it appears to me is a personal arguement (at least after a certain point it desends into that on both sides).

Old 11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by trey's wife
This is someone else's thread about something else - we can "pop" back over there to discuss those things.
Yea.. so what about those 05AT mods???

Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Another shot across my bow that apparently cannot warrant a return fire.

If that is your feeling, you need to talk to Russ, not me Every mod according to him is 10-15hp at least.

Now before the g-gangbang continues, I NEVER said mods didn't work. As my VE30DE is heavily modded. As is Dave B's old VQ30 maxima. If I WERE state "xx" mod is worth "xx" hp, I'd have the courtesy to provide the data to support it. Clearly that is a foreign concept to you.
Any "proof" given wouldn’t matter - it would only be met with doubt (as OBVIOUSLY exhibited in MANY threads out here).

If you looked and didn’t find - you didn’t look hard enough. Try the forums I mentioned a few posts up. 30 seconds are up I'M DONE!

Wait - no I'm not. The only way to put all this to rest is to race. I've already tried to set something up and apparently it's not in the cards. But DAMN I wish we could do a regional meet. And get this **** over with and move on for a change!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by vegasG35sedan
hahahahaha.. well I know enough to sift thru the BS and pull out what I need..
Well stated.. .that's basically what needs to be done out here

Old 11-10-2005, 10:07 PM
actually I would like to see modded cars against the stock ones.. that would prove to me that the mods are working..
EXACTLY!!!!! And it has been done - but only local... so anyone else will always wine about a million variables. Bottom line is anyone stock that thinks their car is as fast or faster than modded - or anyone without a particular mod because it's "worthless" should race the car that has said mods!

It will never happen because drama queens would have nothing left to do!

Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by OCG35
EXACTLY!!!!! And it has been done - but only local... so anyone else will always wine about a million variables. Bottom line is anyone stock that thinks their car is as fast or faster than modded - or anyone without a particular mod because it's "worthless" should race the car that has said mods!

It will never happen because drama queens would have nothing left to do!
Well thats exactly what I would like to do.. That, IMHO, is the proof that I originally asked for 6 pages ago.. Time slips, unless they are at the same track that I am at, mean almost nothing. Before and after dynos do hold credibility if they are done on the same day and not 3 months apart at different shops on unalike dynos..

but at least all this drama has used up some normally boring extra time that I didnt even realize I had..

Old 11-11-2005, 01:32 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Yea.. so what about those 05AT mods???
^^+1^^