G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

VDC module removed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VDC module removed

so right under the cupholder in the dead center of the car under the console is the VDC main controller, i unplugged it and feel much better response over all on the car, the slip light and vdc off stays on all the time, but who cares..... i actually noticed that the airbag light is flashing on and off too. oh well, it took about 5 minutes and is off forever....

Old 11-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you remove the airbags and disable the ABS system while you're at it.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
thats funny cause i think i am going to do that soon, just watched the new dvd that comes with the new superstreet mag, they are all running the real racing steering wheels with no airbags, all my old racecars i have removed the airbags....

still have to think about it, but they might be out soon...

Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I just yanked my VDC fuse last night for fun. It lite up the ABS, SLIP, and VDC lights which makes sense because they're tied into one another. I did some launches and it really didn't feel any different. I'll probably yank the fuse at the track and give it a shot.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
thats funny cause i think i am going to do that soon, just watched the new dvd that comes with the new superstreet mag, they are all running the real racing steering wheels with no airbags, all my old racecars i have removed the airbags....

still have to think about it, but they might be out soon...

.......... You know, the airbags are there for a reason, and people who run racecars take them off because they have racing harness and helmets. Then again, you probably knew that already.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
i know this, but motorcycles dont have airbags, old cars dont have airbags, so i know they are there for a reason, but my racing seats and harnesses should keep me in place. safety first.....

dave b, when you pull the fuse it actually is supposed to be the same fuse that powers the ABS.

when i pulled the plug outta the module, i slammed on my brakes to see if the ABS still worked and it does, did you try this with just the fuse taken out. the plug actually requires no tools to remove and takes all of 20 seconds, just pull up the part of the center console that the shifter and cupholder is attached to. you might have to yank off the automatic shift **** really quick also. i noticed that under extreme cornering it seems to respond better. plus when i powerbrake burnout, it doesnt have that little bit of "braking feeling" i was getting while burning out... just my opinion but i love it out

Old 11-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Sukairain
.......... You know, the airbags are there for a reason, and people who run racecars take them off because they have racing harness and helmets. Then again, you probably knew that already.
i actually mean all the street cars in japan, i know american cars all require all the different kind of airbags, front pass side all that...

all of their cars have the fun little pure racing "grant gt looking" wheels hehehe not the biggest fan of super street mag, but that dvd inside is well worth buying this months issue

Old 11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
FYI,, I just ran an auto-X today, I switched off the VDC atr the dash.

This completely shuts off traction control and vehicle stability control.

I had no problem smoking the tires on turns in drifting situations.

The car still had ABS...

05 Sedan 5At

Last edited by vegasG35sedan; 11-06-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah but i am told from people from nissan that it still works under extreme scenarios. i personally have not tried to take it to the extreme, but i know that my burnouts are better. i have an 5AT. when i was powerbraking before, i could feel some kind of "holdback feeling" with the tires....

this could all be in my head, but i am pretty sure of what i feel now and felt before, now if i could just get both tires to spin at once, (welded diff)

Old 11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
yeah but i am told from people from nissan that it still works under extreme scenarios. i personally have not tried to take it to the extreme, but i know that my burnouts are better. i have an 5AT. when i was powerbraking before, i could feel some kind of "holdback feeling" with the tires....

this could all be in my head, but i am pretty sure of what i feel now and felt before, now if i could just get both tires to spin at once, (welded diff)
I think I pretty well extremed it out in a few corners. THere were other forum members there also doing the same.. I didnt feel any kind of hold back at all..
I didnt do any dead start "power braking" only rolling burnouts in corners.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
i noticed with the vdc off, if you are drifting say at about 30 mph and let off the gas a bit, everyone once in a while it kinda overcorrects it back, now in other cars it is much more smooth transition, i havent got a chance to actually try this same thing after unplugging my vdc box but i will soon i am sure, i kinda just wanted to test it out a bit.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I just yanked my VDC fuse last night for fun. It lite up the ABS, SLIP, and VDC lights which makes sense because they're tied into one another. I did some launches and it really didn't feel any different. I'll probably yank the fuse at the track and give it a shot.
You might want to be careful repeatedly taking out the fuse and putting it back in. These types of fuses arn't made for constant funking with. I ran with the fuse out for a while but I decided to just pull the yaw sensor. I wanted my ABS back

Old 11-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
my abs still works with the module unplugged just so you know... just no vdc or tc

Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
This morning I unplugged the VDC unit under the console. The SLIP and VDC lights came on, but I didn't get any airbag lights. I did three track-like launches to 65mph and I did notice the car is a bit more responsive, especially right at the point where the tires hook which usually causes the car to bog down a bit. That bog didn't seem to be nearly as bad. The 1-2 shift and acceleration felt better too. I'll have to give this a shot at the track and see if it makes any measureable difference.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
you know we took out my passenger seat and there is a yellow plug under the seat, i plugged it back in, maybe it didnt connect well, all the abs stuff is marked with bright yellow clips....

good to know thanks dave.....