G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Cabin filter...regular or charcoal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cabin filter...regular or charcoal?

Hello all,

My G's been on the road just about a year and a few days (under 8,000 miles) now. From the manual it said to replace every 15k miles or 1 year or something like that. Will probably plan to swap it out sometime in the spring. Anyone installed the new charcoal cabin filter? and is it worth the money? It cost almost twice as much as the regular cabin filters.

Thanks...

Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do you see charcoal filters at? I've only seen the regular ones.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm an idiot for not googling...

http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=278

Here is some info on charcoal cleaning...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question209.htm

The part doesn't say if it's "activated" charcoal or not.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Hello all,

My G's been on the road just about a year and a few days (under 8,000 miles) now. From the manual it said to replace every 15k miles or 1 year or something like that. Will probably plan to swap it out sometime in the spring. Anyone installed the new charcoal cabin filter? and is it worth the money? It cost almost twice as much as the regular cabin filters.

Thanks...

Pm Gordgee for a price. I believe he still sells the filters along with his GroundingGear wires.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Pm Gordgee for a price. I believe he still sells the filters along with his GroundingGear wires.
Gordgee asked me the same thing when I purchased my groundinggear (I think it was a 30 bucks add-in). But if I would to just buy that by itself + shipping from canada, it's probably similar to everythingg35 website's price though.

Thanks...

Old 12-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't get a charcoal filter from everythingg35.com, not only are they hella expensive, but they take their sweet *** time shipping stuff to you. I found a couple sites selling the same filter (they charge $50) for a lot less...

http://www.drivewire.com/infinitipar...airfilter.html

http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/the...ilter&dp=false

Both those places are at least half as cheap as everythingg35. I'm assuming that "ACC" means 'activated charcoal', but it might be worth calling them up.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by kajoob
I wouldn't get a charcoal filter from everythingg35.com, not only are they hella expensive, but they take their sweet *** time shipping stuff to you. I found a couple sites selling the same filter (they charge $50) for a lot less...

Both those places are at least half as cheap as everythingg35. I'm assuming that "ACC" means 'activated charcoal', but it might be worth calling them up.
Wow the drivewire website is dirt cheap. OEM cabin filter shipped for $18.34. Everythingg35 sells it $26.25 before shipping which is like another 8+. How credible is this site???

Reading the description it said "The Bosch Infiniti Activated Charcoal Filters". Wow charcoal filter for under 20 bucks shipped?

Then again if it's Bosch, isn't it NOT genuine?

Last edited by mikeee2; 12-29-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434

yes he does. I've one coming.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Gordgee asked me the same thing when I purchased my groundinggear (I think it was a 30 bucks add-in). But if I would to just buy that by itself + shipping from canada, it's probably similar to everythingg35 website's price though.

Thanks...
The major difference with GordGee filters is they are HEPA rated so they should filter much finer than regular ones.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
The major difference with GordGee filters is they are HEPA rated so they should filter much finer than regular ones.
That's good to know, Deane. What's Gord charging for one of those units with the charcoal? I'll be needing one in the near future.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Has anyone actually purchased/tried one of these cheaper filters?? I'm ready to buy one asap

Originally Posted by kajoob

Old 01-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Has anyone actually purchased/tried one of these cheaper filters?? I'm ready to buy one asap
Resellerratings.com had poor ratings for drivewire site. I am not sure about the other site. I ordered the oem filter from grubbs since I was already ordering the stillen cai.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I got mine at drivewire. they are ok. I got 7 of them to get freeshipping and they just dumped all of them in a big box and some of them got squished when it arrived. the product is ok (it says nissan on the side but no nissan box), but packing is poor

Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by SilverII
I got mine at drivewire. they are ok. I got 7 of them to get freeshipping and they just dumped all of them in a big box and some of them got squished when it arrived. the product is ok (it says nissan on the side but no nissan box), but packing is poor
Wow...you are good for the next 7 years. Are they actually charcoal filters?

Old 01-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I would stick with the non-carbon filters. Unless you are pusing water through the carbon filter, I'm not sure what kind of benefit you will see???? (perhaps someone can enlighten me?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cabin filter...regular or charcoal?