G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

03-06 G35 SEDAN EURO SPOILER From Grubbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by perry05G35
I am probably the only person that thinks this but that spoiler would look
10X better with out the led light. The led that close to the deck lid just doesn't flow well.
Hi, Perry!

You know, I think I agree with you. The spoiler would look best with NO lights. The clear display is ridiculous, though. Right now, there are three cars in my office parking lot with spoilers. All displays are RED. Prototype my @ss. What were they thinking?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by sd_diver
Toni,
Have you considered some type of overlay? Blue_batmobile (a site sponser) might be able to steer you in the right direction.

--Anthony
Hi, Anthony!

LOL at your name. My mother used to call me that when I was little just to irritate me. Everyone always thought I was a boy from my name. Hell, they still do. Love getting mail addressed to Mr. Toni.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a Blue_batmobile? Is that a user name I should be PMing or a website I should be visiting? And how is an overlay different from a spoiler? Desperately in need of an education here. Just wait til I'm ready for those rims . . . you guys are gonna be in trubble!

Old 03-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

does anyone have pics of the clear lights?

Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by G354Toni
Hi, Anthony!
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a Blue_batmobile? Is that a user name I should be PMing or a website I should be visiting? ...
Toni,
He's a member / sponser who specializes in creating overlays for headlights, taillights, etc. These are generally a smoked / colored plastic (not sure what type plastic) that get applied over the light housings to change there color and appearance. Just do a search on his name or on overlay. I've never used his products - just seen him mentioned numerous times.

Good Luck!

Anthony

Old 03-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, ABQ!

Actually, I did lay them over the existing non-logoed floor mats that are currently in place. They seemed to fit okay, it was just the grease stain I objected to.

I was originally going to have Grubbs exchange the mats for new ones, but I decided to ask for a refund instead. IIRC, I saw them at EverythingG35.com for a better price, and they even have Wheat.
Wherethey don't fit right is on the driver side, near the console, leaves a little gap there, back right, yeah, it's close, but if you dishing out the money for new mats, they might as well be correct, if they have wheat, then that should fit perfectly.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi, Perry!

You know, I think I agree with you. The spoiler would look best with NO lights. The clear display is ridiculous, though. Right now, there are three cars in my office parking lot with spoilers. All displays are RED. Prototype my @ss. What were they thinking?
Well, okay, today I noticed a couple of Scion Coupes, and the third brake light is clear, and on the deck lid, doesn't look annoying at all mixing like that, I'm sure it would look fine on the G too!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 03-31-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey, guys! Here I am bearing pics and links. Here's a pic I found of a similiar spoiler with a clear LED display:

So it really doesn't look THAT bad. But I'd still prefer red. Or, what about this? Too cheesy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...50964253QQrdZ1

Sent an email asking if this works for a Sedan, and a sedan with a spoiler, at that. If you think it looks promising, I'll be happy to report back and let you know what I find out. They also have it for the back window brake light, too.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by sd_diver
Toni,
He's a member / sponser who specializes in creating overlays for headlights, taillights, etc. These are generally a smoked / colored plastic (not sure what type plastic) that get applied over the light housings to change there color and appearance. Just do a search on his name or on overlay. I've never used his products - just seen him mentioned numerous times.

Good Luck!

Anthony
Thanks, Anthony! I appreciate the clarification. If the Ebay avenue doesn't work out, I'll definitely look him up. I had no idea a spoiler could be this much work!

Old 04-01-2006, 02:41 AM
Thanks, Anthony! I appreciate the clarification. If the Ebay avenue doesn't work out, I'll definitely look him up. I had no idea a spoiler could be this much work!
Tell me about it. Three weeks ago I installed an aftermarket oem spoiler (from ebay) on my G. I've got the 5 template strips taped to my trunk, standing over it with a drill. First attempt I get cold feet. Put the spoiler back over the template and ask myself if I really want to do this. Finally go for it. On the 4th hole, I break me drill bit, and the drill skips and I hit the trunk. 1/4 inch deep gouge. Fortunately it gets covered by the spoiler. Get it installed, wired, disconnect the orig 3rd light. Whew!

Next day I see this thread with a spoiler that I like better.
Oh well... Next car!

--Anthony

Old 04-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you drill from underneath the trunklid or from the top?

Any worries about rust?

-Mark

Old 04-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by mr_ecktid
Did you drill from underneath the trunklid or from the top?

Any worries about rust?

-Mark
Isnt the trunk lid also aluminum?

Old 04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having the same dilemna, I don't have the spoiler yet, but I can't decide if I want to hook up the spoiler light or not, maybe I'll just tape it on and leave it be.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Isnt the trunk lid also aluminum?
No, only the hood is aluminum Tom (Just to be sure I went out and checked just now )
Wayne

Old 04-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
No, only the hood is aluminum Tom (Just to be sure I went out and checked just now )
Wayne
LOL, did you do the scratch test Wayne?

Old 04-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
LOL, did you do the scratch test Wayne?
Yup , then I just put a decal over it, j/k. Actually fridge magnets are pretty handy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03-06 G35 SEDAN EURO SPOILER From Grubbs