G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Can somebody explain the compact flash card system in the 2007 G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Can somebody explain the compact flash card system in the 2007 G?

As you’ve probably guessed, I’m over 30...
I am aware that the 2007 G has a 9.3G hard drive and compact flash card slot in the dash. I assume the compact flash is (similar or identical?) to my digital camera storage card. My question is, how does one get the music onto the compact flash card. Will I have to purchase a compact flash recorder to hook to my computer to download music from iTunes or CD’s? Help?!

Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
you just need a compact flash card reader to transfer songs from your computer to the memory card, then you can plug it to the compact flash slot in the car and listen to the songs that way...

Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
What's Premier Member?
All you need is a compact flash memory card reader. They run under $20 these days. You would just plug the reader into your computer then plug the card into the reader and it will show as an extra device under your my computer. You can just drag and drop. From your digi cam you can also plug your cf card into the reader and upload pictures that way. Hope that helped.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by AIRBAG
I am aware that the 2007 G has a 9.3G hard drive and compact flash card slot in the dash. I assume the compact flash is (similar or identical?) to my digital camera storage card. My question is, how does one get the music onto the compact flash card. Will I have to purchase a compact flash recorder to hook to my computer to download music from iTunes or CD’s? Help?!
CF cards can be treated like a hard drive on your computer. All you need for that is a CF card reader (there are these multi-card readers that cost only like $10)

Once you connect the card reader and put a CF card in, the computer will see it as a disk and you can drag/drop mp3 files into the card.

Once you do that, you can just plug the card directly into the CF slot in the car and it will play mp3 and WMA files. Unfortunately, you cannot copy these files directly from the CF card into the hard drive - which totally sucks
The only way (others pls correct me ) to get music on the HD is by ripping from a audio CD (not a mp3 cd - an old fashioned audio cd)

Did that help ?

Old 11-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Hopefully your digital camera takes a CF card, that way you don't need to purchase another. Don't assume that it is a CF card because there are other types of mem cards like Secure Digital, Sony mem card, etc.

Anways, what you will need is a memory card reader. It is a small device (and inexpensive) that plugs into your computer via USB. All you need to do then is insert the CF card into the mem card reader. Windows will recognize it and then you just need to drag and drop the music that you want on to it. I hope that helps.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Thank you all...
I have a SanDisk Ultra II 2 gig compact flash card for my Cannon camera and a SanDisk compact flash card reader for my computer. Is that what you are talking about? I guess I didn't know it could work backwords and record from the computer to the compact flash card. I thought it only functioned as a reader. If it's true you can't transfer from the compact flash card to the 2007 G's hard drive that does suck! Can you record songs from XM to the hard drive?

Old 11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Traveling Administrator
Thank you all...
I have a SanDisk Ultra II 2 gig compact flash card for my Cannon camera and a SanDisk compact flash card reader for my computer. Is that what you are talking about? I guess I didn't know it could work backwords and record from the computer to the compact flash card. I thought it only functioned as a reader. If it's true you can't transfer from the compact flash card to the 2007 G's hard drive that does suck! Can you record songs from XM to the hard drive?
You are all set as far as hardware is concerned. Yeah, it sucks that we are not able to rip music to the hard drive from the CF card. No recording music from XM to the hard drive either. Only CDs.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the help. What color interior did you get with the garnet ember? That is a great color. I'd be afraid of too many tickets with a red car...

Old 11-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Traveling Administrator
Thanks for the help. What color interior did you get with the garnet ember? That is a great color. I'd be afraid of too many tickets with a red car...
With a Garnet Ember Sport, my interior choices were Graphite, Graphite, and Graphite. It was a tough decision, but I went with Graphite.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can view pictures (jpeg, gif..etc) on the screen from the CF card? How about videos?

Old 11-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can view pictures (jpeg, gif..etc) on the screen from the CF card? How about videos?
nope -- just music files

Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 PM
i would suggest to get an extra cf card that is not using for your camera so you can always leave the cf card in the car while you are still shooting pics w/o taking up space

Old 11-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
With a Garnet Ember Sport, my interior choices were Graphite, Graphite, and Graphite. It was a tough decision, but I went with Graphite.
Shane... news flash. mid cycle change, now available with GE.... Graphite

Old 11-03-2006, 12:34 AM
A little off topic but I recently test drove an X model when checking under neath the armrest and found 3 rca slots. One of video and one for the left and the right channels. Can this be used for an Ipod or some type of portable music device? This would be a much better option than having to upgrade to get the CF card slot.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by DB-G35
A little off topic but I recently test drove an X model when checking under neath the armrest and found 3 rca slots. One of video and one for the left and the right channels. Can this be used for an Ipod or some type of portable music device? This would be a much better option than having to upgrade to get the CF card slot.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/122282-rca-s-center-console-ipod.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/120562-my-audio-video-critique.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/122824-rca-jacks-center-console-canucks-here-s-question-you.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can somebody explain the compact flash card system in the 2007 G?