G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Cant Decide 07 G35Sport or 07 G35x - Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant Decide 07 G35Sport or 07 G35x - Help!!!

I'm having a hard time deciding between a G35 sport and G35 x.
I have test driven both models, but comming from an SUV, I think both are an improvement. To be quite honest, I couldnt tell the difference.
What do i gain from going sport rather than X? 18" wheels? different suspension? different bumper? Do these items make the vehicle dramatically different?

Is the Sport faster than the X?

Can you use the shift **** on the X for the same things the paddles do on the Sport?

Living in Ohio, I know the X is more practical, but Im set on the Sport..
Will winter rims/tires make the the Sport as usable in the winter as the X?

Typically, will both vehicle types hold resale or will one hold better than the other?

Sorry for being sooo confused...Everyone's opinions are welcome..
thanks

Old 11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Personally, I feel that the X and all of the other models target different audiences.

If you need AWD capability, you go with the X. Otherwise pick any of the other models.

So ask yourself that one question ... do you need AWD ? That's all - no confusion

Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Waxer
Originally Posted by IronCy
I have test driven both models, but comming from an SUV, I think both are an improvement. To be quite honest, I couldnt tell the difference.
What do i gain from going sport rather than X? 18" wheels? different suspension? different bumper? Do these items make the vehicle dramatically different?

Can you use the shift **** on the X for the same things the paddles do on the Sport?

Typically, will both vehicle types hold resale or will one hold better than the other?

thanks
First putting a set of snow tires on the sport will make a big difference. I live in NH and that is what I do every year on my 2003 and what I am going to do on my Sport.

Second, about how many days of the year are you really driving in the snow? When you do just drive smart. For the rest of the year you're going to want the Sport.

Third, resale now that is a different story. Ask your sales guy what G they sell more? I already know the answer will be the X so most likely the X will get you a better resale but by how much who knows until the time comes. Other factors like time of year you'll selling the Sport, number of Sports out there, demand, etc.

Forth, performance difference, not much the X is a little heavier so yes your 0-60 time might suffer a tenth or two.

Life is short you shouldn't worry about resale value. Buy the G you want because otherwise you'll only regret it if you don't.

Also since any infiniti dealer in snow country will sell a lot more X's then think about the fact you might have one of the few Sports around.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1
Personally, I feel that the X and all of the other models target different audiences.

If you need AWD capability, you go with the X. Otherwise pick any of the other models.

So ask yourself that one question ... do you need AWD ? That's all - no confusion
Exactly, good answer. I have my second X ordered. It is exactly what I want for my area. It is friggin unbelievable in the white stuff, and loads of fun too

Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's any consolation, there was an article a few months back in R&T or C&D where they compared an 06 G35 to an 06 G35X and the X outhandled the RWD G35 both in terms of achieving lower lap times and in terms of overall handling feel. I'm sure the differences btw the 07 sport and 07 X would be similar in nature with the handling edge going to the X.

So, while the X may give up a some in acceleration, it gains it back in terms of overall handling.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by IronCy

thanks
I also live in Ohio (near the lake), and I am definitely getting the X. As I'm sure you know, its hit or miss w/ the snow, and I know other's have it worse, but the G is going to be my daily driver, including those nasty snow days. I have only driven the sport, so I do not have an informed opinion, but what I have read says the X "feels" like a rear drive.

For what its worth - If I lived in an area w/ less snow, I'd be all over the Sport.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaxima
I also live in Ohio (near the lake), and I am definitely getting the X. As I'm sure you know, its hit or miss w/ the snow, and I know other's have it worse, but the G is going to be my daily driver, including those nasty snow days. I have only driven the sport, so I do not have an informed opinion, but what I have read says the X "feels" like a rear drive.

For what its worth - If I lived in an area w/ less snow, I'd be all over the Sport.
The X is rwd until you encounter slippage then the magic starts .

Old 11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
ive been back and forth with the same question .... X or Sport ??Living in the northeast the few days we have of snow is a pain in the *** if you get stuck with rear wheel drive plus anything more than a few inches of snow . Even with this knowledge ive finally decided on the Sport especially when i found out that by getting snow tires for the RWD from november thru april ...the snow tires actually prefer better than all seasons on an all wheel drive car. This way ill feel safe during the winter months and have a blaast in the dry summer season

Old 11-03-2006, 02:05 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by max2k1
Not that easy. I'm in the same boat.

Do I need AWD? - Sure do (live in CT).

Do I want Sport - Ya bet ya!

The bottom line for me is: I think I want more Sport than I need AWD

Don't know yet. Still contemplating but I'm definitely leaning towards the Sport model.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:07 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
ive been back and forth with the same question .... X or Sport ??Living in the northeast the few days we have of snow is a pain in the *** if you get stuck with rear wheel drive plus anything more than a few inches of snow . Even with this knowledge ive finally decided on the Sport especially when i found out that by getting snow tires for the RWD from november thru april ...the snow tires actually prefer better than all seasons on an all wheel drive car. This way ill feel safe during the winter months and have a blaast in the dry summer season
Are you going for wheels as well, or just tires?

Old 11-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
go w/ the X

Old 11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Are you going for wheels as well, or just tires?
well it'll be soo much easier if i just have another set of BOTH wheels and tires easier to simply pop one set off then place the other on. i have enough storage area to place the 2nd set. id still have to research what width/size would be best for the winter wheels/tires

Old 11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
go w/ the X
Please do elaborate Kenny, as I'm sure you've had to have this conversation with numerous customers...

Old 11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Not that easy. I'm in the same boat.

Do I need AWD? - Sure do (live in CT).

Do I want Sport - Ya bet ya!

The bottom line for me is: I think I want more Sport than I need AWD

Don't know yet. Still contemplating but I'm definitely leaning towards the Sport model.
The need v/s want dilemma -- LOL
That is never easy

Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 PM
G35X

Here's why:
Unless you took race driving lessons you probably won't notice that much of a difference from the missing limited slip rear diff. And as long as you don't lose traction of the rear wheels you are still getting a 100% RWD car.

Anyway that is how I see it. I currently drive an A4 and could never go back to a FWD car. Only drove a RWD car once in the rain(rental) and I wanted my A4 back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cant Decide 07 G35Sport or 07 G35x - Help!!!