G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

is it possible to watch dvd's on the 07's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plain and simple it is unsafe but the dude this wants to know if its possible! Simple yes or no question. C'mon....everybody here does something that we know isn't right.....right? So cut the guy some slack!!

Old 12-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Waxer
Ok played around a little today. To play a DVD there are two factors in place before you can watch it.

First the emergency brake has to be on. Well I was able to get around this. If you look there is a single wire/connector going to the emergency brake switch. By tapping into this wire as I did and grounding it the video will play without having to put the emergency brake on. However the brake light will be on in the dash. So best to do this with a switch and flip the switch to ground the wire only when you want to play the DVD.

That was the small issue. The second factor is the DVD won't play if you are moving. Putting the car in drive is not problem but as soon as you start moving just a few mph then you lose the video until you stop say at a light. So this will be the bigger issue to over come.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I think I recall reading on some Lexus forum that the problem they have is that when the GPS detects movement, it disables the DVD source. I assume the issue you're mentioning is the same for us. I know that they're able to disconnect the GPS receiver or something to get around it. I don't know how difficult it would be for us.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
Ok played around a little today. To play a DVD there are two factors in place before you can watch it.

First the emergency brake has to be on. Well I was able to get around this. If you look there is a single wire/connector going to the emergency brake switch. By tapping into this wire as I did and grounding it the video will play without having to put the emergency brake on. However the brake light will be on in the dash. So best to do this with a switch and flip the switch to ground the wire only when you want to play the DVD.

That was the small issue. The second factor is the DVD won't play if you are moving. Putting the car in drive is not problem but as soon as you start moving just a few mph then you lose the video until you stop say at a light. So this will be the bigger issue to over come.
If it's related to the GPS/NAV, wonder if it'll work for people with Nav