G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

What car did you come FROM? Upgrade / Downgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
You spelled Hyundai wrong. Now let me go drive an Infinity.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Screw you all, Im gonna go trade my car in for a Porshe

Old 03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 honda accord 5 speed to a 2007 G35 Sport 6MT

Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
I'm curious to see what kind of car people had before getting the '07 G35. Do you see your new car as an upgrade, downgrade, or horizontal move?

I currently have a 2004 VW Touareg. If the cost of a car defined its class, then moving to a G35 would be a serious downgrade (57k for a loaded V8 Touareg). It's fit and finish are very luxurious... the leather is very soft, the wood is high quality, even the plastic feels very high quality (it has some sort of satin finish to it). There are some minor luxuries that I have found to be very useful - folding mirrors, lane change blinkers (just flash 3 times when you tap the blinker stalk instead of pushing it all the way up or down), 3 different suspension settings for the air suspension (sport, auto, and economy), 5 different levels for the heated seats, etc., etc...

However, I no longer have a need for an SUV and am looking at the G35 / 335i / IS / A4 class of vehicles (any others I should be looking at btw?). Actually, I'd rather get an M35 - but I don't want to spend that much. I spent enough on the Touareg and don't want to spend another 50+ k (which takes the 335i out of the running).

Not sure if any of you have been in the Touareg but would you see this move as a downgrade?
Touareg, Uggg (rick ross voice) no comment lol

Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
1995 Nissan Maxima 5SPD >>>>>> 2007 G35S 6MT, maxima was modded with bolt ons.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upgrade

I came from 2005 Maxima SE to 2007 G35 sedan, Def upgrade. To be honest this car reminds of my 99 nissan Maxima.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Wrong

G35<G37<Sonata
You must be on some good crack!! Hyundai does nothing but copy designs of other cars. On top of that they are plain crap, paint fades in 5 years, peels in 6 years. Oh wait a 100k warranty, only b/c they know it will never last that long.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
You drive a G35 and talking about other companies paint fade? That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen.

Why would a company ever have a 100k warranty if they dont believe it to last that long?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You drive a G35 and talking about other companies paint fade? That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen.

Why would a company ever have a 100k warranty if they dont believe it to last that long?
Stating to someone they drive a g35 on these forums seems kind of redundant. Paint on a new G would last longer than paint on a sonata. No debate.

100k warranty is a marketing gimic among other things to gain customers. Comparing this cars is pointless and for you think a sonata is upgrading over a g37, even a g35 is feebleminded.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2005 V36 Coupe to a 2008 V36 Sedan.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
Stating to someone they drive a g35 on these forums seems kind of redundant. Paint on a new G would last longer than paint on a sonata. No debate.

100k warranty is a marketing gimic among other things to gain customers. Comparing this cars is pointless and for you think a sonata is upgrading over a g37, even a g35 is feebleminded.
You would loose that bet in a second. If you knew anything about new Infinitis, they went to a self healing paint. It is extremely soft and chips/swirls with the littlest of touch. I can guarantee you that as great as the G37s are, the paint will not last. Plus owning a G37 and 2 G35s, I can tell you from experience, the paint will not lost.

Please go into the detailing forum and ask about Infiniti paint.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 AM
You would loose that bet in a second. If you knew anything about new Infinitis, they went to a self healing paint. It is extremely soft and chips/swirls with the littlest of touch. I can guarantee you that as great as the G37s are, the paint will not last. Plus owning a G37 and 2 G35s, I can tell you from experience, the paint will not lost.

Please go into the detailing forum and ask about Infiniti paint.
As far as the 100k warranty goes, they know the car is not going to hold up for 40k miles as far as paint, interior, and UN-warrantied parts that the original owner will get rid of it for $2000 after 4 years and ooops sorry the warranty is only valid on the ORIGINAL owner. Then on top of that you MUST get oil changes, fluid changes, and ALL or ANY work done at the Stealership or you voided your warranty. A friend of mine changes his own oil, then when a problem occurred with his Sonata he took it in for a warranty repair considering he only had 30k miles on it. The dealership said we have no record of an oil change here. He told them he changed the oil himself every 3k miles. They told him the warranty was now not in effect b/c they did not change his oil. So have fun with the Hyundai and their crazy rules and regulations of their warranty. I bought my G with 15k on USED, I have had the engine replaced on the TRANSFERABLE warranty, also had other warranty work done, clutch wore out in 25k miles, I talked to the dealership and they gave me FREE labor to install my JWT clutch and flywheel. On top of that I get to drive a new G when they work on my car.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
As far as the 100k warranty goes, they know the car is not going to hold up for 40k miles as far as paint, interior, and UN-warrantied parts that the original owner will get rid of it for $2000 after 4 years and ooops sorry the warranty is only valid on the ORIGINAL owner. Then on top of that you MUST get oil changes, fluid changes, and ALL or ANY work done at the Stealership or you voided your warranty. A friend of mine changes his own oil, then when a problem occurred with his Sonata he took it in for a warranty repair considering he only had 30k miles on it. The dealership said we have no record of an oil change here. He told them he changed the oil himself every 3k miles. They told him the warranty was now not in effect b/c they did not change his oil. So have fun with the Hyundai and their crazy rules and regulations of their warranty. I bought my G with 15k on USED, I have had the engine replaced on the TRANSFERABLE warranty, also had other warranty work done, clutch wore out in 25k miles, I talked to the dealership and they gave me FREE labor to install my JWT clutch and flywheel. On top of that I get to drive a new G when they work on my car.
Please do a little research first.

-You are correct that the 100k powertrain is not transferable. But if you do sell it, the 5yr/60k bumper-to-bumper is transferable.

-You do not have to get all work/oil changes at the dealer. You just have to have a record of having them done. EVERY company can void your warranty if you do not have these records. Please do a search for the hundreds of people on here who have had their warranty denied for oil consumption because they did not have records of every oil change. I have even seen people denied here who did have all their oil changes done at the dealer. This is always hit and miss with every car company.

-They actually have a paint warranty as well for 3 yr/36k which Infiniti does not.

- They also have a wear warranty (brakes, wipers, ect). Infiniti does not. Trust me I tried to take back my 6 month old G37 coupe in due to my rotors being warped. They denied my warranty (even though there was actually a TSB out for it) because I had after market 20" rims. They said the extra mass caused my rotors to warp, but the TSB said it was a defective product.

- If you are more than 150 miles from your house and something happens, they will actually cover hotel, meals, and alternative transportation for 3 days.

- Hyundai also provides loaner cars for scheduled work. Also you can actually schedule any maintenance work online. They actually offer a valet service that will come to your house/work, pick up your car for you, leave you a loaner car, and return it when it work is done.

I have said it 100 times. Hyundai is not the same company there were 10 years ago. They have made great strides to produce quality cars and back them. Before you make anymore ignorant comments please do yourself a favor and go test drive acouple. I have owned 3 Infinitis and the new Sonata easily competes with them on almost every single category. The Genesis out perfoms the G35/G37 hands down. They have been racking up awards and good reviews last couple years. Pretty much every single authoritve automotive source has raved about their new line of cars.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 03-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Please do a little research first.

-You are correct that the 100k powertrain is not transferable. But if you do sell it, the 5yr/60k bumper-to-bumper is transferable.

-You do not have to get all work/oil changes at the dealer. You just have to have a record of having them done. EVERY company can void your warranty if you do not have these records. Please do a search for the hundreds of people on here who have had their warranty denied for oil consumption because they did not have records of every oil change. I have even seen people denied here who did have all their oil changes done at the dealer. This is always hit and miss with every car company.

-They actually have a paint warranty as well for 3 yr/36k which Infiniti does not.

- They also have a wear warranty (brakes, wipers, ect). Infiniti does not. Trust me I tried to take back my 6 month old G37 coupe in due to my rotors being warped. They denied my warranty (even though there was actually a TSB out for it) because I had after market 20" rims. They said the extra mass caused my rotors to warp, but the TSB said it was a defective product.

- If you are more than 150 miles from your house and something happens, they will actually cover hotel, meals, and alternative transportation for 3 days.

- Hyundai also provides loaner cars for scheduled work. Also you can actually schedule any maintenance work online. They actually offer a valet service that will come to your house/work, pick up your car for you, leave you a loaner car, and return it when it work is done.

I have said it 100 times. Hyundai is not the same company there were 10 years ago. They have made great strides to produce quality cars and back them. Before you make anymore ignorant comments please do yourself a favor and go test drive acouple. I have owned 3 Infinitis and the new Sonata easily competes with them on almost every single category. The Genesis out perfoms the G35/G37 hands down. They have been racking up awards and good reviews last couple years. Pretty much every single authoritve automotive source has raved about their new line of cars.
HAHAHA. A 3 year warranty on paint, as I said the paint fades within 4 years. So of course I will give you a warranty that runs up right before you see problems. I had rotors replace on my wifes Qx56 for free. They tried to say it was a wear item but I found a TSB on them. The rotors warped. They fixed it. Also the engine thing is b/c you have no ***** or attitude. They tried the same crap on me and I went off, filed a BBB complaint against the dealership and also a FTC Consumer Protection Bureau complaint. If you take the appropriate steps and contact the appropriate people Infiniti will resolve almost any issue. When my clutch went out, I called for the road side assistance to tow me from Roanoke, VA (where I live) to Greensboro, NC (closest dealership). They told me that my roadside assistance ran out three weeks prior. I complained and keep asking for supervisors until they finally paid for the tow. Hyundai on the other hand offers lots of promises that they just will not keep. My friend with the Sonata they would fix under warranty with 30k on it, was 2 years ago. He is also a D.O.T. truck driver and keeps ridiculously detailed log books on all of his vehicles, they did not give a rat a$$, he filed BBB complaint, they did not care. Hyundai just can not afford to uphold those warranties, if they did, everyone would own a Hyundai. On top of all of that, the genesis does not even come close to the refinement, style, beauty, class, luxury, speed, or quality of the G35, much less the G37.

Last edited by Kuneff; 03-04-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: No Street Racing Stories here!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
See, you are only helping to prove my point. Infiniti also denied you. You should not have to go to BBB and corporate or other dealers everything something goes wrong. Dening a waranty is one thing, but they have denied many waranties even when a TSB exists for the problem. I am just saying no company is perfect. It is always hit or miss. Then you said you broke down and Infiniti was ready to leave you on the side of the road, while Hyuandi will come get you, pay for your food, and put you in a hotel for free while it is fixed.

PS
You said you had to file a BBB complaint to get your Infiniti fixed then you said your friends Hyuandi is crap because he had to file a BBB complaint to get somethign fixed. (That is like saying your BF is gay because he lets you f*ck him in the butt)

You can't keep quoting things you heard from a friend of a friend about their old Hyunadi years ago. They have worked hard to revamp their cars and company. The new Genesis, Sonata, and Elantra do not share anything at all with their previous generations. You have no experience on your own and therefor you cannot form a valid comparison. You rely purely on your fan boy "knowledge" (I use that word very loosely in your case) and whatever else you can make up.

Also street racing is stupid and you should not be bragging about it. It is very very well proven and documented that the new Genesis out performs the G35 and G37.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What car did you come FROM? Upgrade / Downgrade?