G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*

Im going to try to keep it short.

I go into the dealer one evening to test drive the auto 07' G and get conviced to buy it over the manual (after driving it spiritedly), anyway we sit down to just hear the numbers, they looked good and they checked my trade in and it was fair. Anyway I trade in my car and they tell me the pearl white with graphite with premium/nav/tech will be in on Monday. They give me a G35 2006 loaner in the meantime with free gas that im still driving.

The car never made it on Monday...Or Tuesday....or the weekend, or the week after that or the week after that....

I kept hearing bull**** stories and then finally the car arrives.... NO black interior, no tech.... and its not even at the right dealer. I told him its not acceptable.

So he tells me the car I asked for is coming this past Friday...it never makes it. So I go in on Saturday (January 27th) to see whats up, no more phone calls, and he tells me the deal we agreed on is not with the tech package and that he cant find a graphite IP that I have to go with the tan. I told him NO, the tech package was part of the deal, and ive been waiting for the graphite. I want to see a vin #. The salesman no longer has a "nice" tone with me, he seems bothered that I am there.

He told me the general manager wanted to speak to me. I waited and waited and the general manager never came. So then the salesman comes up with a sheet of paper with a vin, and claims the car is coming from GA and will be here on Tuesday (TODAY the 30th), with the graphite interior and tech. He then claims AGAIN that the Tech package wasnt part of the deal but that theyll be nice and throw it in (even though the folder that has my name on it says Premium/Nav/Tech).

Anyway the car supposedly comes in today, he wanted me to sign for the car that day (with no price on the sheet) I refused, I told him I want to sign but with the $$$ numbers on there, he said when the car comes in so we make sure it comes in. He then ran my blank check from capital one and made a copy of it (to check for funds). He then gave me the sales sheet with the cars vin # and the name of the dealer its coming from with their number on it for me to check and that it will be here on Tuesday (TODAY the 30th). I called the number yesterday out of curiosity....the salesman over there tells me there is no transfer, the car was sold on the 25th (2 days before I went into the dealer)....I called my salesman back and he claims it was sold to them, for me not to worry.

I dont know what to do if the car is not there today, these guys are clearly playing stupid *** games and im not backing down. My friend told me to contact Infiniti headquarters directly and let them know whats happening, I purchased my first Infiniti *NEW* with the same dealer 5 years ago, and this is the treatment I get? If the car is not there today I dont know what to do, they cant back out of the deal because they already sold my trade so im stuck with them and im not backing off of the deal.

I just hope its there today, hopefully someone can shed some knowledge on this bull****, its been going on for over a month already and im sick of it!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
did you get a VIN #?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Looks like they just said anything to get you to buy a car. And will just give you BS stories until:
1) They happen to find the car you want
2) Delay you until you compromise on whatever they find.

Since you gave them your other car, they have you over the barrel. You might want to seek legal action if they keep delaying you. Or do some homework and try to find the car you want online (at another dealer) then DEMAND they ship that car over to you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that. I can't believe they would treat a return customer like that. Keep us posted on what happens - just don't keep your hopes up.

Originally Posted by da mayor
did you get a VIN #?
Yes I did, but to me it means nothing as of now. I have not signed for anything yet, that vin could mean nothing at this point. I think it was just to get me out of there....

Im not even going to call today, I will make it there personally. I hear Infiniti is pretty damn strict when a customer is unhappy so hopefully by contacting their superiors or whatever they could act as a middle man or something.

I have been deceived, I would have NEVER traded in my car if I would have known I would have gone through this $hit or if I would have known that there was no tech package (which is what surprised me about the $$). Now also...if the car IS there im hoping they dont talk **** and try to change the price on me at the last minute, they were being pretty weird about NOT sticking the price of the car on the sheet and having me sign.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Looks like they just said anything to get you to buy a car. And will just give you BS stories until:
1) They happen to find the car you want
2) Delay you until you compromise on whatever they find.

Since you gave them your other car, they have you over the barrel. You might want to seek legal action if they keep delaying you. Or do some homework and try to find the car you want online (at another dealer) then DEMAND they ship that car over to you
I found another car at another dealer nearby and they claim the other dealer wont sell it to them because I called asking about it. I told him I didnt believe that hogwash, the general manager is my salesman's brother in law and its the salesman's first month there and I think he screwed up and is getting crap from the general manager over it.

I will not compromise to anything at this point, it has been wayyyyy too long for me to do that.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear this.. I too have some stories to tell.. but will wait until the car arrives and papers are signed. Good luck to you.. Make sure you get what you want.. don't settle!

Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
That's BS as you know. I bet they won't get that one because the mark up won't be as high. Raise holy hell and get ask the dealer if they would sell it to your dealer. But I'd call Infiniti corporate and ask them for assistance.

Originally Posted by Domiken
I found another car at another dealer nearby and they claim the other dealer wont sell it to them because I called asking about it. I told him I didnt believe that hogwash, the general manager is my salesman's brother in law and its the salesman's first month there and I think he screwed up and is getting crap from the general manager over it.

I will not compromise to anything at this point, it has been wayyyyy too long for me to do that.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
That sucks. Just keep diggin your foot in their @ss and they will either **** or get off the pot. You did the right thing by not signing the paperwork especially if there was no price on it and you already negotiated one.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Sorry to hear this.. I too have some stories to tell.. but will wait until the car arrives and papers are signed. Good luck to you.. Make sure you get what you want.. don't settle!
Thanks man. I called my friend who ive known at the dealer since my first purchase. He told me its bullcrap, he saw me that weekend as I went into the service department to run the vin to check the interior and packages of the car. He gave me the # to Infiniti Consumer Affairs, he also told me to call the salesman and ask him whats happening with the car to know if I have to call Infiniti C-A before hand or not. I called the salesman and he told me the "car is on its way, expected today" and that the paperwork is ready, that he got the ok from his superiors and for me to come in tonight to finalize everything. So whatever I guess well see tonight....

Ill keep you guys updated.

Oh and thanks Cashio for the carbuyingtips funny guy.... It was my mistake for not wanting to sign for the car that actual Friday when I traded mine in, I told the guy I wanted to see it on Monday before I signed....you know what the best part is, I got the car for $400 over invoice, and ive been driving 06' G's with free gas over the last month....so who lost out on the deal?

Last edited by Domiken; 01-30-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Domiken
Thanks man. I called my friend who ive known at the dealer since my first purchase. He told me its bullcrap, he saw me that weekend as I went into the service department to run the vin to check the interior and packages of the car. He gave me the # to Infiniti Consumer Affairs, he also told me to call the salesman and ask him whats happening with the car to know if I have to call Infiniti C-A before hand or not. I called the salesman and he told me the "car is on its way, expected today" and that the paperwork is ready, that he got the ok from his superiors and for me to come in tonight to finalize everything. So whatever I guess well see tonight....

Ill keep you guys updated.

Oh and thanks Cashio for the carbuyingtips funny guy.... It was my mistake for not wanting to sign for the car that actual Friday when I traded mine in, I told the guy I wanted to see it on Monday before I signed....you know what the best part is, I got the car for $400 over invoice, and ive been driving 06' G's with free gas over the last month....so who lost out on the deal?
Good luck dude.
there some pretty good information on dealing with dealer's too.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
you signed a buyer's order with that VIN # then you know what car you're getting.... PM me if you need assistance I hate seeing people get screwed over b/c I would personally and my dealership would never. I can't speak with any other dealers either.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Man, I hate to hear that crap. When we were working on purchasing our G we were working with three dealerships. One fell out quick, but the other two were involved up until the day we ordered. Both of the final two dealerships were offering comparable pricing $2700-$2800 under msrp. One was just plain slimy...especially the manager. High pressure, lied to me twice, but at that time had the best price, and was slightly closer. There ended up being a $600.00 deal breaker involving our WRX trade. We walked out (thank god) went to the other dealership, were treated like royalty, and got our extra $600.00 All the manager did at the final dealership was come out and shake our hands. No whining, or pressure...nothing. And when we picked up the car my wife got a dozen beautiful roses. It is amazing the difference in tactics and demeanor at competing dealerships. I am planning on sending a letter about the less than professional dealership, and the very professional dealership to Infiniti. Maybe it will help.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
demand another 1000 off price, if not walk out and go to another dealer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*