G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

kinda upset about top speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:04 PM
not for nothin, but you guys with the 07 sedans drive off the lot and do 130?? i mean the motor cant be more than a month or 2 old and pushing it like that...

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I found a pretty good aftermarket product that might deliver the results you're mentioning...

Can you post the DIY or Group buy price shipped?

haha

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:06 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Ha, I would say that was an extremely isoloated incident. I would take my chances at the track ANY day since it is more of a controlled environment.

Yeah I know.

Just had to say it!

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:07 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Originally Posted by infiniti4life
Can you post the DIY or Group buy price shipped?

^+1!

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:17 PM
Premier Member
And if some type of farm animal (or any other animal) decides to cross the road while you're doing 150 mph, what are you going to do then? IMO, there is NO safe place to drive those types of speeds except on the track.
There's always the German Autobahn.

I certainly do not condone reckless driving (at those speeds, it’s no longer a simple speeding ticket if you get caught). However, I have to admit … if any of you have ever driven through the desert (say LA to Vegas?) it is very tempting.

Old 03-10-2007 | 11:07 PM
The top speed is really hindering my enjoyment of this car....

This afternoon, I went out to buy some beer and wine. On the way home, I was trying to merge onto Rt. 88 outside Chicago and was scared witless. I had my G in DS mode and was flooring it on the on-ramp, hoping to get up to the flow of traffic without getting creamed. I even used the paddle shifters because the shifting in DS mode wasn't aggressive enough.

Even though I had the pedal to the metal, some guy in a Kia Rio was on my bumper. I had to flip him the bird because that bastard was practically in my back seat. No sooner than I got onto the highway than a soccer mom blabbering into a cell phone came from nowhere. She must've been doing at least a buck fifty in her RX Lexus...I swear I didn't see her in my rearview mirror two seconds before. She was gesticulating, pulled alongside me, rolled down the window, and shouted "Hey a-hole, the gas is on the right". Then she proceeded to burn rubber in top gear and I almost hit a guard rail because I couldn't see through the cloud of burnt rubber she left.

So today was pretty much crap.

Old 03-10-2007 | 11:19 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by terrycs
There's always the German Autobahn.

I certainly do not condone reckless driving (at those speeds, it’s no longer a simple speeding ticket if you get caught). However, I have to admit … if any of you have ever driven through the desert (say LA to Vegas?) it is very tempting.
I would take driving on a European motorway at 180 kph over a North American highway at 110 kph. Overall, I honestly think that NA drivers are completely inattentive and inferior drivers when compared to our Euro friends.

Old 03-10-2007 | 11:27 PM
N50
Overall, I honestly think that NA drivers are completely inattentive and inferior drivers when compared to our Euro friends.
Sometimes...I really believe cars around here won't start without the cell phone plastered to the driver's ear. It's replaced the push button start.

Old 03-10-2007 | 11:48 PM
Premier Member
I would take driving on a European motorway at 180 kph over a North American highway at 110 kph. Overall, I honestly think that NA drivers are completely inattentive and inferior drivers when compared to our Euro friends.
This is very true. They were late to adopt cup holders because of the distraction.

Last edited by terrycs; 03-10-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2007 | 11:51 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Don't worry, all German cars are limited to 160mph, it's a gentleman's agreement they have.

Old 03-10-2007 | 11:52 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by picus112
Don't worry, all German cars are limited to 160mph, it's a gentleman's agreement they have.
Really? Euro Porsches limitied to 160?

Old 03-11-2007 | 04:00 AM
Hilarious.... nice post.

Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
This afternoon, I went out to buy some beer and wine. On the way home, I was trying to merge onto Rt. 88 outside Chicago and was scared witless. I had my G in DS mode and was flooring it on the on-ramp, hoping to get up to the flow of traffic without getting creamed. I even used the paddle shifters because the shifting in DS mode wasn't aggressive enough.

Even though I had the pedal to the metal, some guy in a Kia Rio was on my bumper. I had to flip him the bird because that bastard was practically in my back seat. No sooner than I got onto the highway than a soccer mom blabbering into a cell phone came from nowhere. She must've been doing at least a buck fifty in her RX Lexus...I swear I didn't see her in my rearview mirror two seconds before. She was gesticulating, pulled alongside me, rolled down the window, and shouted "Hey a-hole, the gas is on the right". Then she proceeded to burn rubber in top gear and I almost hit a guard rail because I couldn't see through the cloud of burnt rubber she left.

So today was pretty much crap.

Old 03-11-2007 | 04:43 AM
...wow this forum has a HUGE proportion of people who just really LIKE lecturing other people.

It's none of anybody's business WHY someone asks a question they do; if you know the answer and are human enough to help out, then do so that's the purpose of these forums. If you don't want to help out because you'd rather use your informational superiority to impose your morals, your restrictions and your opinions on others, then go ahead and do that, it's your right. I can't stand all you holier-than-thous lecturing someone you don't even know because he asked a bloody question.

More on topic, YES the automatic Sport model definitely has a limiter, and it's set to around 135. I am assuming it is breakeable, but as of yet have not heard of any products claiming to have done so.

NO, 135 is not fast enough, NO i dont want a farking limiter on my car, NO I dont want electronics telling me what to do, and YES we can all realize,without the help of weak sarcasm or disturbing attempts at humor, that going above 100mph is not a normal thing to do..hence why we do it.

NO, it is NOT your business.

Old 03-11-2007 | 04:44 AM
And if some type of farm animal (or any other animal) decides to cross the road while you're doing 150 mph, what are you going to do then? IMO, there is NO safe place to drive those types of speeds except on the track.

That's generally true for 55-75MPH accidents as well...

Old 03-11-2007 | 04:55 AM
Retired SuperMod
Staff Alumni
155 isnt enough for you?

I highly doubt you can find a track that safely allows you to push the car that fast; not to even mention the public roads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: kinda upset about top speed