G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

FAQ Section?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
FAQ Section?

Guys/Gals, what are your thoughts on having an FAQ section here in the 07 Sedan section?

With new 07 Sedan members joining the forum on pretty much a daily basis, I have noticed that some of the questions being asked are quite repetitious. So I am wondering if an FAQ section would be a useful thing to have. I figured I would throw the idea out at you guys to see what your thoughts are. I don't want something to be implemented that doesn't make sense or something that people wouldn't find useful.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 03-23-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 I think thats a good idea. It will definetly lessen most threads on here for re-occuring question.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Great idea!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I don't want something to be implemented that doesn't make sense or something that people wouldn't find useful.
How could an FAQ section not be useful? The FAQ section is ALWAYS a great reference tool for both noobs and old schoolers alike. I definately give it a thumbs up.

Unless you want to answer yet another thread about "how to play videos while the car is in motion".

Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Okay, so if we had an FAQ section, it would be a sub-section just like the Picture Share section is. How would we decide on what gets placed there? I don't want to take too much away from the main discussion area. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am thinking we could have an FAQ threads on specific topics like:

Music Box/CF Card
Navigation
Wheels/Tires

Any others you can think of?

Before this goes forward (if it does), I would definitely like to have a good idea as to how it will be structured. Suggestions are welcome.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe you could break up the FAQs into sections like engine, audio, interior, exterior, ride/handling, etc. Hope this helps.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I vote yes.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Okay, so if we had an FAQ section, it would be a sub-section just like the Picture Share section is. How would we decide on what gets placed there? I don't want to take too much away from the main discussion area. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Music Box/CF Card
Navigation
Wheels/Tires

Before this goes forward (if it does), I would definitely like to have a good idea as to how it will be structured. Suggestions are welcome.
Sub Catagories can include:

Electrical
Navigation
Music Box/CF Card
Wheels/Tires
Performance/MPG/Gas
ICC
Maintenance for all intervals
Lowering your car (camber and caster requirements for certain drops)

Basically you can go thru all the pages and do a count for how many times certain questions have been asked. Then just tally then up and add them to the FAQ thread. If the thread becomes useful it can help just about anyone who has a common question.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Music Box/CF Card
Navigation
Wheels/Tires

Available mods?

Or maybe "Drivetrain", which would cover break-in, recommended gas, recommended oil, etc. etc. etc.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Shane, I think a FAQ section would be great so long as the content in it specifically relates only to the second generation sedan to avoid a fight with the other owners given that there are already sections for tech questions. Also I think the threads contained in it should be locked so only mods and admins can add to them based on suggestions to avoid 70 pages of rambling and 4 posts of useful information.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Available mods?

Or maybe "Drivetrain", which would cover break-in, recommended gas, recommended oil, etc. etc. etc.
Drivetrain, break-in, recommended gas and oil are all topics that should be covered in the main tech section because they will be the same for every member of driver with any model or year of the G.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Waxer
Great idea!!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Drivetrain, break-in, recommended gas and oil are all topics that should be covered in the main tech section because they will be the same for every member of driver with any model or year of the G.
Yes and no - was (at least mentally) including mods in this section, which would be specific for the HR, 2nd gen suspension, etc. Should have been specific.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
+1 on having a FAQ sub-forum.

Maybe we can have an "index" thread in this forum -- this one thread could have all the questions and the answers would be links to specific posts in faq forum.

That way people can bookmark (& more importantly subscribe) to this one thread/post (with the questions) --- so that they can get notification when things change.

If you want, I can PM you some other (non-car) forums that have done this so that you can get an idea.

Thanks !

Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Great idea. Normally, the FAQs are only posted by mods/admins to limit the amount of comments. Other forums usually have a place to submit the post for mod approval and for them to move the post to the FAQ section.

Looking forward to it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FAQ Section?