G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffmo2334
You can do much better.

The invoice price on the G35S/Premium, including destination, is $32,900, so your offer is $1700 over invoice. You should be able to get $0 to $500 over invoice, which on these specs would be $33,000 to $33,500 or so.

I live in Houston and just bought my G last month. The best offer I got in Houston was $1500 over invoice or so -- crazy! One of the salesmen actually told me that all of the dealers in Houston have an agreement (Infiniti dealers) not to sell below a certain price. As a result, I looked in Dallas, and found an offer for $500 over invoice, and found a deal for $170 under invoice from Gunn in San Antonio. I ended up getting the car from Gunn, and paid $125 for a one-way ticket out to San Antonio, got the car, and enjoyed the 200 mile trip back to Houston It was the best buying experience I have had.

Gunn has a unique pricing structure -- they fix the prices on the car each week, and there is no haggling. You can see their stock on their website, and then call Duane (the internet salesman) and he'll tell you the price on each car. Their pricing ranges from under invoice to $1500 to $2000 over invoice, and depends on how long the car has been on their lot. Once it has been there for 2 1/2 to 3 months, the price comes way down. They update the prices every Thursday evening, so you can check back week-to-week and see what they are charging. The exact one I wanted (Premium Journey, wood trim, charcoal interior and garnet ember exterior) was marked down from $900 over invoice to $170 under invoice in one week, and I jumped right on it.

I know someone up in Dallas who also will give you a good deal -- I almost did the one-way flight up to Dallas to buy there, but then found the San Antonio deal last minute.

You can get an offer from Dallas or SA and try to get Houston to match, but that did not work for me -- they would not budge below $1500 over invoice or so.

Re: the 2 years free maintenance, keep in mind that depending on how many miles you drive, this will only cover your 7500 mile and 15000 mile checkups, which are only oil changes, tire rotations, and checking belts and fluids. While the dealer charges a lot for these normally (rip-off!), you can get 2 oil changes with synthetic oils and tire rotations for a total of $150 or so, so that is the real value of the maintenance deal (maybe a little more when you figure in convenience of having the dealer do it). Thus, if they are charging over $1000 more than somewhere else, then it is not worth it even with the maintenance. For me, if they would have come within $400 or $500 of my best deal out of town, I would have bought in town, but they wouldn't come that close.

I hope that helps! Feel free to email me if you want to know any more about my Houston buying experience (I took my time and really shopped around).

Jeff

According to Edmunds, the invoice on my vehicle is 34,001 - so the offer I've received is only 600 above. ALSO, I asked specifically, and he said the Premium Service at 3,750 intervals is included in their service offers. So according to the Edmunds invoice, I think this is a really good deal because the Premium Service runs around $200. And It'll be paid off with a 1.9%APR

I emailed Gunn last week and they were not able to offer me anything close to the 34,600. I also went to Southwest Infiniti here in Houston, and the guy said he wouldn't touch anywhere near that figure.

Are the vehicles on the Gunn website set at their low price already?

Thanks for all the help, I'm going up to North Houston today to see the car and maybe make a deposit. I'm going to ask to perhaps get the car tinted and wheel locks included free of charge.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
According to Edmunds, the invoice on my vehicle is 34,001 - so the offer I've received is only 600 above. ALSO, I asked specifically, and he said the Premium Service at 3,750 intervals is included in their service offers. So according to the Edmunds invoice, I think this is a really good deal because the Premium Service runs around $200. And It'll be paid off with a 1.9%APR

I emailed Gunn last week and they were not able to offer me anything close to the 34,600. I also went to Southwest Infiniti here in Houston, and the guy said he wouldn't touch anywhere near that figure.

Are the vehicles on the Gunn website set at their low price already?

Thanks for all the help, I'm going up to North Houston today to see the car and maybe make a deposit. I'm going to ask to perhaps get the car tinted and wheel locks included free of charge.
Are you looking at a sport 6mt or a sedan w/ sport package? I thought you were talking about 6mt, which may be why my calculated invoice was off.

$600 over is a very good deal - esp with the maintenance

I heard there may ge a new $1000 conquest incentive, if so make sure they subtract that from your price (and not assume it is built into their current offer)

The prices listed on Gunn's site are msrp -- you need to email for the prices. Annoyingly, their site doesn't have the options listed, but you can figure it out based on the msrp
Enjoy the car!!!

Last edited by jeffmo2334; 04-23-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Just bought a 2008 G35 Journey, Sedan, 5AT, Premium, Sunroof, and Navigation Package (XM Sat 3 months)
Dealer Add-ons: Nitro in Tires ($250.00) dealer option(joke).
Cargo net in trunk and mats in car
Sticker: 37725
All said and done I worked them down to $34,613
They showed their invoice it was $34,249

I got them to throw in 2 free oil changes and 2 Free tanks of gas

What do you think?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by stevej88
Just bought a 2008 G35 Journey, Sedan, 5AT, Premium, Sunroof, and Navigation Package (XM Sat 3 months)
Dealer Add-ons: Nitro in Tires ($250.00) dealer option(joke).
Cargo net in trunk and mats in car
Sticker: 37725
All said and done I worked them down to $34,613
They showed their invoice it was $34,249

I got them to throw in 2 free oil changes and 2 Free tanks of gas

What do you think?

Lucky man, that's a pretty darn good price.
I'm just finishing up my deal, and the car market is doing well here in Texas, so there wasn't as much play room in price as i was hoping for (worked out to 1600 belove MSRP plus 2 years free service, tint, and wheel locks).

Also, this is IMPORTANT, the prices on new G35s that are fresh into dealership s is going up $400. The salesman at West Houston today showed me the sticker on a G35 just off the truck today, and the Journey now starts at 32,700 - up from 32,300!!!

So go out quickly and find a car already in dealer stock to avoid the price increase!!

I would not recommend working with North Houston Infiniti. When I got up there, the car I was interested in was USEDDDD but he tried to pass it off as new. I drove all the way up there, only to find out that it had 1700 miles on it, although TECHNICALLY it had not been titled, it had been purchased and returned. The car also had tint, wheel locks, and a hideous pinstripe. I was very disappointed in the dealership that I was mislead just to get me up to the dealership.

Last edited by popcornten; 04-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Any suggestions on dealers in North Carolina? Willing to go to Charlotte or other city to ensure I get the best deal.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by igolfchip
Any suggestions on dealers in North Carolina? Willing to go to Charlotte or other city to ensure I get the best deal.
I bought my 08 G35S at Crossroads Infiniti in Raleigh. $35900 out the door on February 29 2.9% financing for 63 months. I dealt with Chad Harris, he's a pretty good guy, see what they have to say. I had a great experience with them.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
2008 Deal

Model: 2008 Infiniti G35x AWD Sport
Packages / Options: Premium Package, Technology Package, Sport, Navigation Package, Cargo Net, Splash Guards
Amount Below MSRP: 2,910

Infiniti of Marin in San Rafael California purchased on 3/21/2008 but I ordered it on 12/7/2007 - damn that was a crappy wait!

Last edited by 2008G35xS; 04-29-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Model 2008 Infiniti G35
Options: Navigation, Premium, Sport Package, Spash, Truck Mat, Trunk net

MSRP: $39,625
Price Paid: $35,624 + sales tax and tags
Atlanta, GA

Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up nice!

Originally Posted by popcornten
Lucky man, that's a pretty darn good price.
I'm just finishing up my deal, and the car market is doing well here in Texas, so there wasn't as much play room in price as i was hoping for (worked out to 1600 belove MSRP plus 2 years free service, tint, and wheel locks).

Also, this is IMPORTANT, the prices on new G35s that are fresh into dealership s is going up $400. The salesman at West Houston today showed me the sticker on a G35 just off the truck today, and the Journey now starts at 32,700 - up from 32,300!!!

So go out quickly and find a car already in dealer stock to avoid the price increase!!

I would not recommend working with North Houston Infiniti. When I got up there, the car I was interested in was USEDDDD but he tried to pass it off as new. I drove all the way up there, only to find out that it had 1700 miles on it, although TECHNICALLY it had not been titled, it had been purchased and returned. The car also had tint, wheel locks, and a hideous pinstripe. I was very disappointed in the dealership that I was mislead just to get me up to the dealership.
Good stuff man, the service is worth the extra price tag, 15k service here is around $800, highline cars,highline service. Good luck to you.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Thumbs up Another new owner...

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey
Sport Package
Premium Package
Navigation Package
Blue Slate exterior
Stone Interior

MSRP : $39,375
We Paid: $37,650

Knoxville, Tennessee
Harper Infiniti (the only one around)

They had to have the car shipped quite a ways.
Couldn't find this combo anywhere local.
They paid for the shipping.

Not sure if it's a decent deal or not, just happy to have it.

My other car is a 2008 Acura TSX, big difference....

EDIT:

Wait a minute...

Originally Posted by briantk
Model 2008 Infiniti G35
Options: Navigation, Premium, Sport Package, Spash, Truck Mat, Trunk net

MSRP: $39,625
Price Paid: $35,624 + sales tax and tags
Atlanta, GA
How did you buy your car for less than invoice??

Last edited by MMsG35; 04-28-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by MMsG35

EDIT:

Wait a minute...

Yes I did. This deal was through the dealer's internet group and was without negotiation. best car buying experience ever. In and out without all the typical car dealer BS.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by MMsG35
EDIT:

Wait a minute...

Given the current state of economy, it is not that difficult to find a G35 below invoice, although your location and the number of Infinity dealers in your area will likely make a difference on the price you're able to negotiate. It also helps to time your purchase, so that it takes place at the end of the month (and preferably at the end of the quarter too), which is what I did.

Looks like briantk bought his G35 at $465 below the $36,089 invoice ($39,625 MSRP) on his G35 configuration. That's a pretty good deal.

I also recently bought the same '08 G35 configuration below the $36,089 invoice ($39,625 MSRP), Lakeshore Slate/Stone interior with Sport, Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Carpeted Trunk Mat, and Cargo Net. I also asked dealer to include free wheel locks, "G35" logo license plate frame, and touchup paint (approximately $100 value at dealer retail prices).

I paid $35,218 (approximately $971 under invoice, including the free accessories) plus tax and license, and no other dealer fees.

Last edited by mgG35S; 04-29-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by mgG35S
Given the current state of economy, it is not that difficult to find a G35 below invoice, although your location and the number of Infinity dealers in your area will likely make a difference on the price you're able to negotiate. It also helps to time your purchase, so that it takes place at the end of the month (and preferably at the end of the quarter too), which is what I did.

Looks like briantk bought his G35 at $465 below the $36,089 invoice ($39,625 MSRP) on his G35 configuration. That's a pretty good deal.

I also recently bought the same '08 G35 configuration below the $36,089 invoice ($39,625 MSRP), Lakeshore Slate/Stone interior with Sport, Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Carpeted Trunk Mat, and Cargo Net. I also asked dealer to include free wheel locks, "G35" logo license plate frame, and touchup paint (approximately $100 value at dealer retail prices).

I paid $35,218 (approximately $971 under invoice, including the free accessories) plus tax and license, and no other dealer fees.
Location, Location, Location!!

I didn't have as much luck with my recent G search. The economy isn't doing too bad here in Houston (according to reports) so there's still a sizeable demand for cars. The salesman said its been a very good year. Also, there are 4 dealerships in the city so lots of cars and people to go around.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by mgG35S
Given the current state of economy, it is not that difficult to find a G35 below invoice, although your location and the number of Infinity dealers in your area will likely make a difference on the price you're able to negotiate.
I agree. I also have a feeling that Infiniti may have a dealer incentive on the g35 based on the sales in different locations. They actaully showed me the dealer pricing page on their computer. It showed the car at the "real" invoice (i.e. without the holdback), then added in the holdback, dealer doc fee (profit) and a 1k incentive. Altogether the $35K in my previous mail.

I feel that I could have done slightly better if I was willing to "play the game" but quite frankly, it was not worth my time to go back and forth for what I would get out of them. Also, I felt that it was such a breath of fresh air to have such an above board sale, that I really had no desire to negotiate further.

I also second your note on the wheel locks. they came with mine free of charge ( lease they can do when you buy the sport package.)

Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 AM
New '08 G35 in CA (Bay Area)

Blue Slate/Stone
Premium
Nav
Sport
Splash guards
Trunk mat
Cargo net
...and, yes, wheel locks

MSRP $39,375
Invoice $35,860
Paid $35,560 at Infiniti of Pleasanton

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread