G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

brought my baby in for 15K scheduled service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brought my baby in for 15K scheduled service...

Dropped my G off this morning for 15K service. Looking at the work order, it doesn't look like they actually do that much. A lot of inspecting but not much else. They also said if I wanted to change the air filters it would be $70 for parts/labor! That sounded ridiculous to me so I passed on it. Total cost for the 15K service is $223.49 and here's what was on the work order:

Ins/cruise ctl vac/hoses
Replace filt/drain washer
Ins. ft.susp.ball joints
Ins/diffe/oil except I35
Replace Incab Microfilter
Ins. transfer case oil
Ins. prop/shaft 4wd Awd
Ins. axle & susp/parts
Lubricate propelar shaft
Rotate Tires
Replace Engine Oil
Replace Engine Oil Filter
Ins. Exhaust System
Ins. Steer Gear & linkage
Ins. Brake Lines & Cables
Ins. Bk Pads, rtrs, calipers
Ins. Transmission fluid
Ins. Drive Shaft Boots
Ins/adj Tire pressure
Ins.strg.link ball joints

I also asked them to fix my seat warmers, moon-roof trim, voicetags constantly getting deleted, and ICC surging - all under TSB's

Anyone else get different service for different cost for the 15k scheduled maintenance?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Check out the service manual for the differences between premium service, and schedule 1 and 2. There was a thread about this, but I can't find it now. I believe people were opting for schedule 1 or 2, but the dealer is obviously going to sell you the premium service (which is expensive for a whole lot of just looking).

Also, check out this thread about using Nissan for service.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks, Noise!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't even take my cars into dealers for "servicing" until well past 60k miles. It's ridiculous, all of these new cars today are built to basically go 100k miles without doing anything except replacing tires, brakes, fluids, etc. To keep the revenue streams to dealers, they "recommend" a bunch of inspections. I often wonder if they even inspect anything outside of the obvious. I know when I need to replace my tires and brakes and can tell when fluids look bad. This is my second lease and I've never had any problems turning cars in or anything. Short of warranty work, my car never sees the dealer. It's highway robbery. Plus, my few experiences at dealers have been bad (granted, not Infiniti), but not putting oil filters on right, leaving the oil cap OFF, and staining a wheel with brake fluid.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by gymcshoe
Dropped my G off this morning for 15K service. Looking at the work order, it doesn't look like they actually do that much. A lot of inspecting but not much else. They also said if I wanted to change the air filters it would be $70 for parts/labor! That sounded ridiculous to me so I passed on it. Total cost for the 15K service is $223.49 and here's what was on the work order:

Ins/cruise ctl vac/hoses
Replace filt/drain washer
Ins. ft.susp.ball joints
Ins/diffe/oil except I35
Replace Incab Microfilter
Ins. transfer case oil
Ins. prop/shaft 4wd Awd
Ins. axle & susp/parts
Lubricate propelar shaft
Rotate Tires
Replace Engine Oil
Replace Engine Oil Filter
Ins. Exhaust System
Ins. Steer Gear & linkage
Ins. Brake Lines & Cables
Ins. Bk Pads, rtrs, calipers
Ins. Transmission fluid
Ins. Drive Shaft Boots
Ins/adj Tire pressure
Ins.strg.link ball joints

I also asked them to fix my seat warmers, moon-roof trim, voicetags constantly getting deleted, and ICC surging - all under TSB's

Anyone else get different service for different cost for the 15k scheduled maintenance?
They charged you to inspect a propeller shaft you don't even have, LOL. Did they inspect your center and front differential as well, LOL?

Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
just got mine back from 15k service....you don't need all that. they wanna make $$$ of you.....I got oil change, oil filter change W/free coupon...and I only paid $20 for the Air filter which I installed myself. Tell your service advisor to go fly a kit.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by BrianV
They charged you to inspect a propeller shaft you don't even have, LOL. Did they inspect your center and front differential as well, LOL?
It looks like they just copied the list of items for premium maintenance straight out of the manual, including all the AWD inspection items.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, that's a rip off. I got the oil, filter, in cabin filter for what, 50 bucks? Changed all that myself. I have a JWT so just cleaned that bad boy out and I took it to Nissan who did all the inspections free! Wipers were another 20 bucks (Valeos from tirerack) and tire rotation was 20 bucks.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I would pay $223.00 for my 15K service. Unfortunately, the dealer here wants $595.00. I trust them and have had all but good experiences, but seriously, not going to go there this time.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Save yourself some money for Xmas gifts.

Just politely ask to do the oil change/filter and tire rotation. The rest you don't need, like you said they're just visual inspections.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
my G is coming up on 30k so should i get serviced?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pghG35
my G is coming up on 30k so should i get serviced?
I'm going to goto Nissan, since the services should be the same while being easier on the wallet.

The only thing I want to change really, is the tranny fluid, the differential oil, engine oil and what not. I'm not sure why the engine drive belt has to be changed now but if they do, cool.

http://www.infiniti.com/ownership/ma...ance_Schedules

Old 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hyukki
I'm going to goto Nissan, since the services should be the same while being easier on the wallet.

The only thing I want to change really, is the tranny fluid, the differential oil, engine oil and what not. I'm not sure why the engine drive belt has to be changed now but if they do, cool.

http://www.infiniti.com/ownership/ma...ance_Schedules
There is honestly no reason at all to change your tranny and diff oil so soon. That kinda sh*t gets done at 60K+ miles. Engine drive belt at 30k? You mut be crazy...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
go to everythingg35.com they have a pair of OEM air filters for under $20
shipped, very fast shipping. I called the dealer to ask their pricing, $50 plus tax!

Very easy swap out

and i must say man was my filter dirty, shes running a tad stronger again

Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
my regular service checkups are free up to and including the 30K service. oil changes free for life of car too. dealer perks to get me to buy from them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: brought my baby in for 15K scheduled service...