G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Seat Heater Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Heater Conversion

One option that the G37 Sedan has that I really liked(besides the 7speed) was the seat heater/cooler. I like going to the snow during the winter and camping during the summer. So does anyone think its possible to do change out the seat heaters for the cooler/heaters? I know this is a really wierd question but its been on my mind. Thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that would be AWESOME!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 2009 G37 over comes with a seat heater options and doesn't offer the cooled seat. It does have new seat heater controls with more settings than the 2007 and 2008, but to my knowledge only the EX and FX (and Maxima) offer the cooled seats as an options as well.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I just sat in a new G37 on Wednesday morning, while waiting for my car to come out of service. The heated seat switches are new, but they did not have an option for cooling. A simple switch change wouldn't be enough. Cooled seats have ducts that flow cool air through them, so even if it was an 09 option, you'd be looking at a whole seat change as well.
I snapped a pic of the new controls with my phone...

Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 2009 G37 over comes with a seat heater options and doesn't offer the cooled seat. It does have new seat heater controls with more settings than the 2007 and 2008, but to my knowledge only the EX and FX (and Maxima) offer the cooled seats as an options as well.
Maybe I'm wrong........but anywho I still want to know if you can do it. Or at least switch it to the nicer looking ***** in the G37(yes i am that OCD).

Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
You're not the only one... I took pictures of them! LOL

Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Those heater seat buttons are the most obvious change in the interior. You can convert our seats to a cooled/heated seat with the right amount of money. Since we have the vents in the arm rest, it would be pretty easy for us to tap 2 hoses from it and then run the hoses to each seat. The difficult things are how you can hide those hoses under the carpet and how to manipulate the air flow from the hoses so that the cooled air is evenly spread out all over the seats.
That is my theory, if someone success on doing this, please share with us.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM
The problem has little to do with the controls it has to do with either an inferior heating element or simply just not enough juice to get it warm quickly.

Does the G37 seat heat quickly? The G35 seats take ridiculously long to get warm. My max is far superior.

I would love to purchase the G37 heaters (assuming their better) and the control upgrade (if possible) would be just a bonus.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Actually, the seats in my Jeep Grand Cherokee got so hot that the high setting was not usable.... unless you like getting out every 15 minutes to scrape the backside of your thighs with a butter knife.

I'm not unhappy with the seat warmers in the G. They get warm... that's what they're supposed to do. I like warm seats, not hot seats.

With that being said, I do understand that my opinion on the heated seats makes me the minority here.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Actually, the seats in my Jeep Grand Cherokee got so hot that the high setting was not usable.... unless you like getting out every 15 minutes to scrape the backside of your thighs with a butter knife.

I'm not unhappy with the seat warmers in the G. They get warm... that's what they're supposed to do. I like warm seats, not hot seats.

With that being said, I do understand that my opinion on the heated seats makes me the minority here.
I don't care about how hot they get really. I think that is just fine, its about how long they take to get hot. The car is basically warm by the time they warm up. What's really the point then?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes that's all I use the heated seats. The cabin heat is off. I love the way it heats up. In 2 minutes I can feel it starts up the heat. My wifes car is horrible. You have to turn it off all the time because it is getting too hot.

I like the G's heaed seats. Also before you really get into this conversion. Make sure you testdrive a g37 and see if you are happy with it.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I just mainly want the option to have both and I like the look of the *****. But if the seats heaters start working before I get to my next destination that would be great. In San Francisco it takes about 10-15 min to get go somewhere and the seats just get going by that time.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by chapter29
The problem has little to do with the controls it has to do with either an inferior heating element or simply just not enough juice to get it warm quickly.

Does the G37 seat heat quickly? The G35 seats take ridiculously long to get warm. My max is far superior.

I would love to purchase the G37 heaters (assuming their better) and the control upgrade (if possible) would be just a bonus.
Inferior seat heater elements??? Huh? Am I missing something here? The seat heater in my G get so freaking hot on the "high" setting that I can't even sit in them. Takes them less the 2 minutesto get to the point where I have to set them on the low setting. The problem is that the low setting isalmost too low... that's why I'd like to try and use the 2009 seat heater controls. Although Rick at Riverside says that the entire harness is different, so it wouldn't be just a simply plug in, otherwise I would have done it already.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally like the g35 switch look more, it's kinda weird that there is suddenly 2 *****, But like adrian said low is a bit too low, why couldn't they do it like Bmw where you press the button and you have 3 settings!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
to start it up again,

now that the 09 does come with seat coolers, anyone know if it is possible to have that in our 07?
would it be the whole seat change or can we change out the heated seat part for heated/cooled?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seat Heater Conversion