G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2010 G37 Sedan mid cycle refresh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they have been talking about an direct injection upgrade for a while and it's good to see that the talking is going to become a reality. 340-350 crank hp is pretty sweet. im glad that nissan is constantly improving their line of cars/ engines....though it makes me want to trade in my '07

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Direct Injection 350hp!!! coming soon!

I thought you guys might wanna read this

http://www.motorauthority.com/more-p...n-the-way.html

Infiniti’s 3.7L V6 engine from the current G lineup of cars already has one of the highest specific horsepower outputs of any production naturally aspirated V6 engine, with the most powerful unit, found in the G37 Convertible, delivering a healthy 328hp (245kW). However, in less than a year this engine, still without the aid of any form of forced induction, will be producing upwards of 350hp (261kW).

This is because of the application of direct-injection technology, which Car and Driver reports will first appear in the next-generation M sedan due early next year. Infiniti has already previewed the engine in its recently revealed Infiniti Essence concept car at the Geneva Motor Show, where it was also fitted with a pair of turbochargers and a hybrid drive system for a combined output of 592hp (442kW).

With direct-injection, a feature that injects fuel directly into the cylinder rather than in the intake ports, Infiniti will not only boost power but it will also help reduce fuel consumption. After the M sedan, which will likely be called the M37, the updated engine will also make its way across to the G37 range of vehicles as well as the EX and possibly even the FX crossovers.

As for the Essence concept’s full blown twin-turbo hybrid system, salivating fans will have to wait a few more years as Infiniti is planning a new V8 engine for its range-topping models. Infiniti, and its parent Nissan, wants to reduce the number of V8 engines from the current two to just one. This means that the companies SUV and truck models will be fitted with the same mill as their passenger cars. Expect this new engine to also be equipped with power boosting direct-injection technology.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
that's when I'm getting another G!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ me too

Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
DI is a very nice addition, but they still need to make a V8 model to compete with the M3, C63, RD4, IS-F...

DI V8 with aprox. 430 Hp sonds great, doesn't it???

Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lights in the lower grill!!! Its all I want!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by PR G35S
DI is a very nice addition, but they still need to make a V8 model to compete with the M3, C63, RD4, IS-F...

DI V8 with aprox. 430 Hp sonds great, doesn't it???
Infiniti won't do a model like that now cause of the the economy is now. Plus how fast are those cars moving off car lots right now.......not as quick as they should. Lexus dealerships are willing to take a slight loss juss to move the is-f.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PR G35S
M3 will be I6-TT soon.
C63 will be smaller displacement V8+FI soon.
S4 is already V6 supercharged for '10.
RS4 will be downsizing its engine to an unknown configuration.
IS-F is still a pet-project for Toyota with an unknown future.

Everybody's downsizing--even their performance models.

Infiniti will not release a V8-powered G. I'll bet you any money on it.

I'll also bet you'll see a G hybrid by the '11 model year, drawing from the Essence concept. I believe that we'll see a performance-focused hybrid (not a gas-miser) with a VQ37 + DI + electric assist.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
Infiniti won't do a model like that now cause of the the economy is now. Plus how fast are those cars moving off car lots right now.......not as quick as they should. Lexus dealerships are willing to take a slight loss juss to move the is-f.
There's 3 demo IS-Fs sitting at Canadian dealers right now, and they've been for sale for months.

I'm saddened to say it, but I'd be shocked if Toyota doesn't kill the whole "F" project soon...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I want that Brembo off of the GTR.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
If wishes were horses (+306 horses:))

My lease expires next year on my 08 G35X, I have no desire to own the current G37 sedan in its current form. Don't get me wrong, the G37 is a slightly different animal than what I have but I am not sold on it. All I want is for infiniti to change something, I really dont care what they change, but just make the 2010 model a much different animal from what I have so when I get into a new lease, I can FEEL like I took the giant leap forward.

My wish (gosh this is a long wish list) is for them to have the order forms ready by 1st quarter next year so I can extend my current lease while waiting for the new car. Help me please INFINITI

Old 04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by 306HP
My lease expires next year on my 08 G35X, I have no desire to own the current G37 sedan in its current form. Don't get me wrong, the G37 is a slightly different animal than what I have but I am not sold on it. All I want is for infiniti to change something, I really dont care what they change, but just make the 2010 model a much different animal from what I have so when I get into a new lease, I can FEEL like I took the giant leap forward.

My wish (gosh this is a long wish list) is for them to have the order forms ready by 1st quarter next year so I can extend my current lease while waiting for the new car. Help me please INFINITI
I agree.

The Gen1 G35 to the Gen2 G37 has been a simple evolution, but when I refresh my lease every 3 to 4 years I want a revolution to occur.

I wish for something beyond the "Sport" package.

I wish for a NISMO G37 Sedan, that's much more hardcore than Infiniti's typical offering. Something as focused as the Z is, when it comes to attcking the road with agression. I don't need FI, nor do I want to mod my car myself. I want a factory-tuner modem that's got a little more road-presence and cohones than the same G37 I see 50 year old ladies driving around.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
this is a great thread. ive been debating on what my next car is going to be and ive been looking at the isF, new m3 sedan, rs4, etc.. but i would love to stick with the G, but as much as i love my ride, it needs to be updated. im all for just about every change people have mentioned here, but the things that would do the most for me would be the following.

-option for the g50x with the new v8.
-and even just the direct injection on the 37 to make roughly 350hp would be decent.
-most certainly a redesigned exterior/interior making the exterior more aggressive with strong fender flairs (just a wider stance)
-hud would be nice as well as some reconfigured gauges (although these are really nice, but ive been looking at them for almost 70k miles so i would like to look at something different.
- better braking system
- i believe the new g37x has a 6spd. auto if im not mistaken (havent been on here in a while), but that is a must regardless.
- different suspension settings for luxury, sport, track by the push of a button

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
this is a great thread. ive been debating on what my next car is going to be and ive been looking at the isF, new m3 sedan, rs4, etc.. but i would love to stick with the G, but as much as i love my ride, it needs to be updated. im all for just about every change people have mentioned here, but the things that would do the most for me would be the following.

-option for the g50x with the new v8.
-and even just the direct injection on the 37 to make roughly 350hp would be decent.
-most certainly a redesigned exterior/interior making the exterior more aggressive with strong fender flairs (just a wider stance)
-hud would be nice as well as some reconfigured gauges (although these are really nice, but ive been looking at them for almost 70k miles so i would like to look at something different.
- better braking system
- i believe the new g37x has a 6spd. auto if im not mistaken (havent been on here in a while), but that is a must regardless.
- different suspension settings for luxury, sport, track by the push of a button
You won't see any significant changes in the mid-model refresh, but DI is possible... although I fear it won't be until the 2011 model year.

The rest of your list (minus the existing 7AT tranny) is highly unlikely at this point.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
i get bored of vehicles pretty quickly as i drive about 40k a year, so i suppose ill have to go to something else come 2010, and then probably in 2 years come back to infiniti when they make the changes that they should. i wont mind driving a lexus although i will miss the awd. i do like the rs4 but i have been spoiled with push button start, and im not crazy about driving stick with all the commuting i do these days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 G37 Sedan mid cycle refresh