G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

3-year review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soakgame
thank you for the tire info.. so you recommend the kumho's then?

does the infiniti dealership only carry the potenza's? i'm pretty sure they can order whatever tire you want them to right?
I had a roofing nail near the sidewall of one of my RE050A's. The dealer wanted $500 for the tire. I ultimately found it for $220.

Don't mess with the dealer for tires.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^That is totally unreasonable! Maybe if you were buying a tire for a GT-R... Tire rack lists OEM front 225/50/18 for $209 and rear 245/45/18 for $225.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
^That is totally unreasonable! Maybe if you were buying a tire for a GT-R... Tire rack lists OEM front 225/50/18 for $209 and rear 245/45/18 for $225.
What do you expect if you buy tires at a Infiniti dealer? That's about the right price.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 2 years with my VQ35, I let her go last week. Her lease was up. She ran flawlessly over the 40k miles I gave her. The one problem I had was the sunroof visor (if thats what you call it) seemed to rattle when open but this seems to have gone away. The BIGGEST problem was my fault. I thought since the lease was coming to an end I can buy cheap tires for her as the OEM had worn out. Bought tires for around $50 each, Westlake Tires about 4 months ago. OMG, never in my life will I do that again. It really compromised everything about the car, handling, acceleration " too much tire spin" etc. I learnt my lesson. I had just under 2k in routine maintenance costs but given the mileage of the car, that can be expected. Got into a 2010 G37xS with all but Tech, lets see how she does.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:39 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 306HP
After 2 years with my VQ35, I let her go last week. Her lease was up. She ran flawlessly over the 40k miles I gave her. The one problem I had was the sunroof visor (if thats what you call it) seemed to rattle when open but this seems to have gone away. The BIGGEST problem was my fault. I thought since the lease was coming to an end I can buy cheap tires for her as the OEM had worn out. Bought tires for around $50 each, Westlake Tires about 4 months ago. OMG, never in my life will I do that again. It really compromised everything about the car, handling, acceleration " too much tire spin" etc. I learnt my lesson. I had just under 2k in routine maintenance costs but given the mileage of the car, that can be expected. Got into a 2010 G37xS with all but Tech, lets see how she does.

was your G blueslate? 6mt?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
No, unfortunately I am not that sophisticated, I had an AT, not MT

Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cool

Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I had my grille replaced due to pitting, but that was under warranty.
Would someone mind elaborating on this? Is this a TSB? I've got plenty of tiny rock chips on my grille & would love to get it replaced, but is this what we're talking about? I've never seen anything on this issue before so I'm interested in looking into this.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't the pitting be worst on the black grille if someone had that?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
G:Luv, that's exactly what it is. It's more of a warranty thing than a TSB, unless i missed it.

jane: The color or finish won't determine if it's worse, but rather the quality of the final product and just how much random bits hit it hard enough to chip/pit.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by G:Luv
Would someone mind elaborating on this? Is this a TSB? I've got plenty of tiny rock chips on my grille & would love to get it replaced, but is this what we're talking about? I've never seen anything on this issue before so I'm interested in looking into this.
I don't think it's a TSB. It's more like a dealers call thing on if the warranty should cover it. IMO some of the '07 grilles are definitely defective and the chrome comes off far to easy. Some dealers will call in to Infiniti on your behalf and some dealers won't. If you have a good one then it should be no problem getting it replaced. Guelph Infiniti has replaced mine and another person on this forum and lots of other guys have had luck or no luck with their dealers. It seems to be a crap shoot. Some of the dealers even let you keep the old grill.
Good luck.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
You might want to try rotating side to side on your next set of tires (once is enough). Requires dismount/remount since most tires are directional, but may be worth the effort. Just get a quote before you do it, some tire places will try to charge a fortune (it's only 20 mins more work than rotate/balance).
Hey, just a friendly reminder here...This is incorrect!

The Potenzas on the sport models are asymetrical (and non- directional) tires and must be oriented with regard to which side of the tire is mounted inside vs. outside. If you look on the side of the tires, it clearly states "OUTSIDE" so you can tell. Therefore, if you do choose to rotate them, albiet only in a side-to-side manner given the staggered sizes, you need only swap the entire wheel and tire together from side to side. If you actually did dismount and remount them on the opposite wheels, you would be be either mounting them incorrectly (insides out), or totally wasting your money (outsides out... again!).

SO, in conclusion, if you must rotate the staggered sport Potenzas, just swap the whole wheel and tire without any dismounting involved, but know that this is of very little benefit to tire tread life . . . unless when you drive you always take turns much harder on one side than the other.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by goodtwogo
Hey, just a friendly reminder here...This is incorrect!

The Potenzas on the sport models are asymetrical (and non- directional) tires and must be oriented with regard to which side of the tire is mounted inside vs. outside. If you look on the side of the tires, it clearly states "OUTSIDE" so you can tell. Therefore, if you do choose to rotate them, albiet only in a side-to-side manner given the staggered sizes, you need only swap the entire wheel and tire together from side to side. If you actually did dismount and remount them on the opposite wheels, you would be be either mounting them incorrectly (insides out), or totally wasting your money (outsides out... again!).

SO, in conclusion, if you must rotate the staggered sport Potenzas, just swap the whole wheel and tire without any dismounting involved, but know that this is of very little benefit to tire tread life . . . unless when you drive you always take turns much harder on one side than the other.
Good lookin out...I attempted this and Discount Tire educated me on it being pointless. And I was definitely being cheap LOL. Gotta love this forum, so informative!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I bought my 07 used with 34k miles on it last May and haven't had any issues with it. My last car was an 05 Mini Cooper S. I love my G but I think the interior trim is lacking in terms of quality, especially when compared to the Mini. However, that being said, from what I've seen they've made advancements with every model (1st gen was pretty Nissan looking and cheap) and the G37 has supposedly addressed some of those interior quality issues.

I just wish the plastic on the inside door handle and steering wheel wasn't so sensitive to scratches. It came with some scratching and at first I couldn't believe that someone could do that, but now I see that it scratches quite easily. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3-year review