G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2nd Gen Random Little Question Thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
For the same price you can pick up a set of 19" oem coupe wheels and call it a day,. Much better then those.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only If I knew where I live in Canada Alberta

Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
I do agree with b-dRizZy.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got my brakes replaced about three weeks ago (about 400 miles). They are still making a little screaching noise when braking and if i push hard enough on the pedal, once i come to a full stop it makes this weird, thats hard to explain. It also makes that same exact noise when my foot is on the brake and im turning the steering wheel trying to pull out of a parking spot. Does anyone know what this could be? Should i change my power steering and brake fluids to possibly eliminate these noises? Im driving an 07 g35x sedan. thanks.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by pwntu

I just got my brakes replaced about three weeks ago (about 400 miles). They are still making a little screaching noise when braking and if i push hard enough on the pedal, once i come to a full stop it makes this weird, thats hard to explain. It also makes that same exact noise when my foot is on the brake and im turning the steering wheel trying to pull out of a parking spot. Does anyone know what this could be? Should i change my power steering and brake fluids to possibly eliminate these noises? Im driving an 07 g35x sedan. thanks.
It's not entirely unusual to have some initial pad noise until they bed in thoroughly. If that is your case, then while swapping out fluids certainly won't hurt, it may not do a thing for the symptoms you're describing. I'd wait and see if they are still making the noise after 1k miles or so and then go from there.

A couple quick questions though about the brake job that was just done. Assuming they replaced the pads, did they also:
1) replace the rotors with new ones?
2) machine the rotors and reuse them?
3) do nothing with the rotors, just swapped the new pads onto them?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
It's not entirely unusual to have some initial pad noise until they bed in thoroughly. If that is your case, then while swapping out fluids certainly won't hurt, it may not do a thing for the symptoms you're describing. I'd wait and see if they are still making the noise after 1k miles or so and then go from there.

A couple quick questions though about the brake job that was just done. Assuming they replaced the pads, did they also:
1) replace the rotors with new ones?
2) machine the rotors and reuse them?
3) do nothing with the rotors, just swapped the new pads onto them?
I got all four rotors and pads replaced. Rotors are centric premiums and pads are hawk hps. I just really hope that the mechanic that did the job didnt mess up, it would be especially bad if he did on purpose because we warned me about how bringing my own parts will have no guarantee..

Old 06-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Those HPS pads are a performance/street variety which may account for a bit more noise right there, but it is also possible that there is some installation issue related to shims, antisqueal pads, unintended grease on a rotor, etc.; it's all pretty hard to say from across the net. I'd still wait and see if some more bed-in time changes anything, unless you're willing to pop them off and have a look. You could still take it back to the shop that did the work and have them look at it, but it sounds like they're inclined to be jerks about it.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first post.

I have a question I haven't found an answer to in my searching. From time to time - and the key seems to be if I open the door before shutting off the engine (but not always)... I get a series of beeps (until I close the door).

I can understand they "Hey dummy, you left the engine on!" beep. But sometimes I've shut it down and am exiting normally... maybe I'm just jumping the gun too quickly on opening the door?

Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM
So i was attempting to swap the steering wheel trip yesterday because its chipped and while i was doing that i accidentally broke both the airbag connects, the yellow and orange plugs. Now im driving without front steering airbags. Does anyone know how much this would cost to fix or how to diy? I really dont want to take it to infiniti because i know they are going to over charge but this is a big issue for me, safety wise.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by pwntu
So i was attempting to swap the steering wheel trip yesterday because its chipped and while i was doing that i accidentally broke both the airbag connects, the yellow and orange plugs. Now im driving without front steering airbags. Does anyone know how much this would cost to fix or how to diy? I really dont want to take it to infiniti because i know they are going to over charge but this is a big issue for me, safety wise.
Post some decent pics of exactly what broke. You can potentially do a lot with some careful soldering, but there's definitely some safety protocol to be followed so that you don't get an explosion in your face.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sufiballer8
1st gen>2nd gen
Pffff . . . . troll much dude?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Post some decent pics of exactly what broke. You can potentially do a lot with some careful soldering, but there's definitely some safety protocol to be followed so that you don't get an explosion in your face.
Yea, I always disconnect the battery before working with the airbag. Sorry for the late reply but I just took the pictures that you were asking for. The airbag itself is still in tact.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmrad1v60r...701_201924.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm252ku9si...701_201934.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gfftsw2aw...701_201941.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrl14yat8f...701_203056.jpg
Thanks for the help.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 AM
That looks like you broke the clockspring connectors leading to the airbag. Given the critical safety aspect of the part, I can't in good conscience offer any suggestion other than replacing the part. You can possibly find one used, which may be cheaper than new, or look into possibly picking one up from a NIssan Altima which I'm fairly sure shares the same Nissan part number 25554-JA010, and would be cheaper than sourcing one from Infiniti. A quick look online shows them new for around $230 from Niissan and $260 from Infiniti (but possibly out of production), but looking at closed auctions on ebay turns up a used one for $75: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2007-2008...item56562e959b

I caution you though, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on this! I only took a cursory look into it, but you should verify the part number and it's shared usage/compatibility. Maybe try contacting Rich@GRUBBS to see if he can verify your part number.

Good luck.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
That looks like you broke the clockspring connectors leading to the airbag. Given the critical safety aspect of the part, I can't in good conscience offer any suggestion other than replacing the part. You can possibly find one used, which may be cheaper than new, or look into possibly picking one up from a NIssan Altima which I'm fairly sure shares the same Nissan part number 25554-JA010, and would be cheaper than sourcing one from Infiniti. A quick look online shows them new for around $230 from Niissan and $260 from Infiniti (but possibly out of production), but looking at closed auctions on ebay turns up a used one for $75: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2007-2008...item56562e959b

I caution you though, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on this! I only took a cursory look into it, but you should verify the part number and it's shared usage/compatibility. Maybe try contacting Rich@GRUBBS to see if he can verify your part number.

Good luck.
What do you think About the install? Is it just a plug or do I need to do some wiring? And once plugged in will the airbag light turn off or do I need to get that reset?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't expect the install to be difficult at all; it's just a module with plugs coming in and going back out. (Look at the pic in the ebay link) I can't say about your airbag light though, if it tripped because the connection was bad, then it may correct itself once the connection is fixed, but it could also, as a safety measure, require a formal reset to ensure it's working properly. I've seen this on other cars where if you if you compromise the airbag and then turn on the power, it locks a code in that won't clear with just another power cycle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Random Little Question Thread!