Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
^^ whs

Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Ummm.....yeah, so basically those prices suck pretty hard.

Give a call to Courtney at Scottsdale Infiniti (google it) and get a real price. It's too bad you just passed 40K, because there is a substantial price point at that threshold which you are now on the uphill side of. Nonetheless, she will undoubtedly beat those prices. I don't agree with the "must have" status of the zero deductible. For the most part, if you're thinking of having the warranty as protection from an expensive windfall event (ie. tranny failure, head-unit dies, ECU fails, etc.), the deductible will be nominal in comparison, and since the warranty typically costs about 500 more for the zero, I don't see it as being particularly cost effective. I suggest you get your best price from the discount leaders in warranty sales (again, search it, there's tons of info on who they are) and then approach the dealer where you will most likely get your servicing done. Go for the 100 deductible warranty, ask them to match your best price on it, and often they will offer you a similar price plus the option to have them waive the deductible when you service the car at their dealership. Net result is the BEST deal around!

On a side note, I would highly recommend you stick with the Infiniti Elite Protection Extended warranty plans instead of an aftermarket, third party plan.

Good luck.
So I got an email back from Courtney and the rates mentioned were substantially lower than what the dealer I am looking to purchase the car from had quoted me at.

What I am a little confused about is how these rates will help me when they are in Scottsdale and I am in the Chicago area....

Old 10-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
You're buying an Infiniti warranty, not a specific dealer warranty, therefore you can take the car to any American dealer for repair.

All you get is a piece of paper, and you're car's in the system once they enter the VIN number during any repair work.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sparko24
So I got an email back from Courtney and the rates mentioned were substantially lower than what the dealer I am looking to purchase the car from had quoted me at.

What I am a little confused about is how these rates will help me when they are in Scottsdale and I am in the Chicago area....
I bought from Courtney at Infiniti at Scottsdale and my dealer (and any other Infiniti dealer) in the country is honoring it. Your information is entered in the computer, so don't expect any problems.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by sparko24

Others have answered about servicing, but I wanted to make sure you weren't concerned about making the actual warranty purchase from long-distance. If that is the case, then absolutely nothing to be concerned about. She will do it all over the phone, by, fax, by mail, or email, etc. You DO NOT need to go to the dealership to buy the warranty. She is 100% trustworthy also.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Im going to give you a +86351739604227505837 on saying the Infiniti Elite Extended warranty is well worth the money.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if Courtney or Scottsdale is still selling these?

Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Next week i am getting the extended warranty for 1900 even with 0. for 48mo/48k. Good deal or not?

Old 11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by soG35
does anyone know if Courtney or Scottsdale is still selling these?
YES, she is. I just spoke to her a few weeks ago. Here's her info:

Courtney Mutema
EliteProtectionPlan.com
1-866-374-3412
1-480-941-4481 (fax)

Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
the extended warranty starts the date you purchase it, right? not start from the date the original factory warranty expire?

i am at 45K but my factory won't expire until next year. i wonder if i should get it now or wait until next year, which my car would pass 50k miles

Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
not sure about the first point - I think it extends the warranty I believe but I'm not 100% on that. They did make it clear to me the price increases once my OD rolls to 50k.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
YES, she is. I just spoke to her a few weeks ago. Here's her info:

Courtney Mutema
EliteProtectionPlan.com
1-866-374-3412
1-480-941-4481 (fax)
i got a quote from them.

looks like the price will go up once the car hits 50k miles and even higher when it hits 60k miles.

and the coverage starts the date you purchase the warranty. so if you already have existing factory warranty, then you will be spending money for nothing.

my best bet is to wait a little, and purchase the extended warranty before i hit 50k miles, probably in spring 2012. and I am also planning going to my local dealers (both Infiniti and Nissan, I heard you can get extended warranty through Nissan to cover Infiniti, but don't know if its true or not) and see if they can do better, which i doubt I could.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Since my extended warranty went into effect (I bought at 60K miles), I had the following repaired under warranty:

1) Faulty trunk release harness (had to be replaced twice). Oddball issue, haven't heard of any other G but mine have the problem and I had it happen twice.
2) One TPMS sensor replaced (battery died). They misdiagnosed the issue earlier and chose to reprogram the sensors, a service not covered under warranty.
3) Windshield washer panel has to be replaced because driver's side washer became clogged and could not be unclogged. My car is currently at the dealer due to this issue.
4) Broken armrest - replaced the entire armrest assembly.

Although I paid upwards of $1,500 to Infiniti of Scottsdale for the Elite coverage, I can easily estimate all of the above costing $1K parts and labor. While the best warranty is one you never have to use, the Elite warranty is paying for itself for me.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
I'm on the fence, because they may void my warranty anyways with my exhaust system, megan test pipes, and uprev osirus (was about to get that before mine was wrecked). If they are going to void my warranty for that stuff might as well save the money and not buy it to begin with lol.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by stockae92
i got a quote from them.

looks like the price will go up once the car hits 50k miles and even higher when it hits 60k miles.

and the coverage starts the date you purchase the warranty. so if you already have existing factory warranty, then you will be spending money for nothing.

my best bet is to wait a little, and purchase the extended warranty before i hit 50k miles, probably in spring 2012. and I am also planning going to my local dealers (both Infiniti and Nissan, I heard you can get extended warranty through Nissan to cover Infiniti, but don't know if its true or not) and see if they can do better, which i doubt I could.
Correct, and that is often the case depending upon where you are in your mileage. There are thresholds where the cost increases, so you need to consider it thoughtfully for the best advantage of the extended plans. One thing people often don't consider though, is that the extended warranty often covers more than the basic factory warranty, so if you have both in effect you can get the benefit of the enhanced coverage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty worth it?