G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

stupid dealer (or is it the problem of infiniti canada?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012 | 04:09 PM
|
stupid dealer (or is it the problem of infiniti canada?)

recently got my 07g35x's drive belt broken, and i took my car to my friend's shop. there the mechanical find out it was actually the ac compressor jammed and ripped belt broken. unfortunately, when the belt snapped, crankshaft pulley was damaged so it has to be changed too. when the shop ordered the parts,we all thought it is about 1 week of waiting. however, last week, friend phoned me, that infiniti called him that morning, and said infiniti wont release the pulley until may!!!!!!! WTF!!!
now what should i do or what can i do to speed the things up as my car has aftermarket warranty, and all the process have been done at my friend's shop. so it is impossible to move it and get fixed at infiniti dealer.
please help

Old 04-03-2012 | 08:05 PM
Well, you can always try and source one from a salvage yard; they have nationwide search capability nowadays. Additionally, you could look into an aftermarket pulley; either oem replacement or an upgraded type.

Old 04-04-2012 | 12:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Well, you can always try and source one from a salvage yard; they have nationwide search capability nowadays. Additionally, you could look into an aftermarket pulley; either oem replacement or an upgraded type.
im in a shitty place in canada, i went to junk yard many times before, they told me never think to find anything for infiniti there, the things they can offer for best cars are caddis. and aftermarket pulley will cost a fortune, and i think they may arrive even later than may. as i tried to order a cusco strut bar and they told me it might come in 3-5 months lol so i have to order gtspec, and my car broken before i can ever place the order

Old 04-04-2012 | 12:40 AM
maybe try these... the good thing is that they are standard size not under drive pulleys so everything should work as before but with quicker revs with the lightweight pulley.

FYI: lightweight pulley should not harm the engine and thus many have bought and installed lightweight pulleys on g35s, g37s, 350z without any problems at all for the life of the car BUT there have been some reported cases where the pulley supposedly caused some trouble that you can check out with a little searching so buy at your own risk

G/L

Old 04-04-2012 | 01:08 AM
IMHO ...
In regards to aftermarket pulleys: lightweight or under-drive is of less concern than un-dampened. If the pulley you're replacing is damped, you MUST use a damped pulley in it's replacement or eventually suffer the consequences which can include the catastrophic.

Old 04-04-2012 | 03:31 PM
|
my worrying is that warranty will not cover that for sure and maybe i will lose further coverage if i put that on
thanks though.

Old 04-04-2012 | 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
IMHO ...
In regards to aftermarket pulleys: lightweight or under-drive is of less concern than un-dampened. If the pulley you're replacing is damped, you MUST use a damped pulley in it's replacement or eventually suffer the consequences which can include the catastrophic.
you are correct on that account but from what iv researched and seen the OEM pulleys(at least upto the 07s) are not dampened(its apparently cast iron with seal) as seen in numerous threads due to which thousands of G/Z owners have had success with these lightweight pulleys, iv never really looked into the 07+ but im sure it would be the same(someone whos replaced or looked into it please pitch in to confirm).

However IF the OEM were actually dampened then you are correct in saying that these would be a BIG no-no and cause problems down the road, im not 100% sure if they are or not though since most say they're not(including ppl from big reputable shops) while some profess they are...

Last edited by kool_yaar; 04-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2012 | 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by dota-lina
my worrying is that warranty will not cover that for sure and maybe i will lose further coverage if i put that on
thanks though.
Yup, i would never put these on either due to the fact that the advantages are negligible and the possible downfalls are too grave, not worth it but i was just putting it out there for you since you seemed to be in a jam... finding a used oem pulley would be your best bet like VQ said, maybe have someone u know in the states pick one out for you form the junk yard and ship it to u(g37 and 07+ g35's pulleys are the same)

let us know how it all ends up, G/L!

Old 04-04-2012 | 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
you are correct on that account but from what iv researched and seen the OEM pulleys(at least upto the 07s) are not dampened(its apparently cast iron with seal) as seen in numerous threads due to which thousands of G/Z owners have had success with these lightweight pulleys, iv never really looked into the 07+ but im sure it would be the same(someone whos replaced or looked into it please pitch in to confirm).

However IF the OEM were actually dampened then you are correct in saying that these would be a BIG no-no and cause problems down the road, im not 100% sure if they are or not though since most say they're not(including ppl from big reputable shops) while some profess they are...
That may well be the case kool. I have never pulled one on these cars, so I simply can't say for sure one way or the other. I will say that sometimes it is hard to tell though. I've been surprised more than once by a pulley that looked solid but turned out to have an imbedded rubber layer.

Old 04-05-2012 | 12:33 AM
^ yup that is quite possible, i hope someone who has pulled the pulley and knows what he's looking at will drop in and let us know for sure for future reference

Old 04-06-2012 | 11:55 AM
Try these guys http://www.standardautowreckers.com/
they have a few 2007 G35 fresh road kill< they are in Toronto