G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saywat?
Nope it was directed to me. thats usually the lame justification for honest opinions.
Well from what I see its probably more based on how you go about your comments & posts.. Just saying this is gay and this is why with no valid background info just sounds like an un-educated young kid making stupid remarks..

The questions, the grammer, the quality of posts... GOOD GOD!

This forum caters to semi luxury sports cars so most would expect a higher level of quality in posts, remarks and mods.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 06-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Well from what I see its probably more based on how you go about your comments & posts.. Just saying this is gay and this is why with no valid background info just sounds like an un-educated young kid making stupid remarks..

The questions, the grammer, the quality of posts... GOOD GOD!
so the shift **** doesnt feel gay or fragile when ur gripping it in ur hand? that sure is how it felt when i drove my bros 335. except for the interior i love the 07 3 coupes. one of their best designs. it sucks u got a 32late but its still a nice car no doubt.

whats wrong with my grammer? i gotta spell everything correctly on here? shortcuts not allowed?

Old 06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
so the shift **** doesnt feel gay or fragile when ur gripping it in ur hand? that sure is how it felt when i drove my bros 335. except for the interior i love the 07 3 coupes. one of their best designs. it sucks u got a 32late but its still a nice car no doubt.

whats wrong with my grammer? i gotta spell everything correctly on here? shortcuts not allowed?
No the shifter does not feel "gay" or any diff than my G35 did.. Not sure by what you mean " got a 3 too late? "

No spelling doesn't have to be spot on but people aren't going to take you serious when you don't even speak legible..

Anyhow its irrelevant this thread has spidered off topic.. G's IS's C' Class's 3 Series etc are all nice cars it all depends on what you want
some are faster some are slower some are more reliable and some are classier, some hold value and some tank.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 PM
^oh nah im not worried about people taking me seriously but im def not trolling. i freely write how i feel. i dont try to sugar coat it or try to come off as better then anyone. no need to flex brain power on forums imo. its jus not neccessary. its like having a casual conversation with a friend to me. some people here need to get off their high horse and let loose a bit.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
The fit and finish on newer Infinitis are getting better, but I still prefer the feel of the 05 G35 over the newer G37 interior. Neither have a better feeling fit and finish as a Lexus, and neither Infiniti or Lexus can compare to the feel of a Benz. Never cared for Bimmer. But if you bought a rebadged Nissan sports sedan for it's luxury, then I don't know what to say...

Old 06-06-2012, 02:40 PM
^yup totally agree. lexus and mb interior is awesome. idk wat it is but i have a hard timing looking at infiniti and acura as luxury brands. lexus ive accepted idk why lol

Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
^yup totally agree. lexus and mb interior is awesome. idk wat it is but i have a hard timing looking at infiniti and acura as luxury brands. lexus ive accepted idk why lol
Maybe because the new Lexus 2013 ES350 and the GS350 have a really sexy interior...I hope Infiniti designs one on par with that in the next generation G. They even added the analog clock that was standard on Infinitis...lol

Check it out!

Lexus ES350 Interior:

The interior puts the base BMW without navigation to shame...BMW definitely needs to up their interior design. Given the price you pay for a BMW, I'd expect a better design than what they have now. The Lexus ES350 is only around $36-37k with the Navigation if you can haggle. I doubt you can go that low on a BMW with navigation and the luxury options that the Lexus ES350 has interior wise.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-06-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
why infiniti would be taking cues from bmw is beyond me

Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
i will be selling my current 05 G. not in a big rush to do so but was hoping to get something a lil more newer. i was thinking of a 335 and i know reliability isnt at par with the G's but i think performance is up there as well as handling. its around the same price tag as an 2010 G37 sedan sport model.. which is also quite tempting.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
and luxury makers putting a shift boot on an auto is hella lame and doesnt look good at all imo. i prefer the look of a regular auto shifter with a nice ****

Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
why infiniti would be taking cues from bmw is beyond me
Is it really that hard to understand that BMW sets the standard with their technologies, performance, fit and finish and styling? Is it not understandable that while the G35 has sold well in the states, BMW still sells more 3-Series worldwide, and is the example both Infiniti G and Lexus IS are not only built upon, but are in the crosshairs of both manufacturers? And like Kia or Hyundai with their cheap imitations of every car according to class, it should be obvious that Infiniti and Lexus would take some ideas from the manufacturer that they are gunning for as it is seen as one of the few cars to have as a status symbol in societies all over the world, a status Infiniti can only hope to come near to some time in the future.

Last edited by dofu; 06-06-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
i kno bmw does some good stuff and sets standards but doesnt mean everything they do is a good idea thus other manuafactures shouldnt be trying to imitate it. for example i jus hope no one makes cup holders as stupid as bmw has in the 3 series. if they wanna steal cues maybe drop a twin turbo like bmw has or even the single **** control thing that controls everything. or did infiniti already start including that? the little bmw robot seatbelt arm thing i dont really like tho lol

Last edited by saywat?; 06-06-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
^oh nah im not worried about people taking me seriously but im def not trolling. i freely write how i feel. i dont try to sugar coat it or try to come off as better then anyone. no need to flex brain power on forums imo. its jus not neccessary. its like having a casual conversation with a friend to me. some people here need to get off their high horse and let loose a bit.
I don't think your trolling just didnt agree with everything you were saying. Its all good!

Originally Posted by dofu
The fit and finish on newer Infinitis are getting better, but I still prefer the feel of the 05 G35 over the newer G37 interior. Neither have a better feeling fit and finish as a Lexus, and neither Infiniti or Lexus can compare to the feel of a Benz. Never cared for Bimmer. But if you bought a rebadged Nissan sports sedan for it's luxury, then I don't know what to say...
Infiniti is def getting alot better but still doesnt hold anything to a Euro yet ie Audi, BMW, MB even VW has some of the best interiors in the biz..

Whats not to like in these?

Now if they could just get the reliability up there with Inifniti & Lexus it would be game over but the Japanese brands are getting better and better looking while being faster and reliable.
The real companies to watch are Hyundai / Kia, Kia's lead designer came over from Audi and with there new designs its really starting to show. http://www.kiamotors.com/about-kia/c...w.aspx?idx=304

Kia is the one to start watching ( that sounds wierd I know ) but they are bringing a some new semi luxury RWD cars to market.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 06-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
A lot of people didn't think this was a good idea either:

Name:  Idrive-Controller.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  38.3 KB

But it apparently was good enough for Lexus:

Name:  0905_13_a2010_lexus_hS250hnavigatio.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  56.9 KB

True, they're not exactly the same. But they both have a horrible learning curve.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti?