G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New 2007 G35S owner with some questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face New 2007 G35S owner with some questions.

Hello everyone!
I'm new here but have been lurking the last few weeks. I just bought a 2007 G35 Sport about a week ago after trading in my 2007 350Z. It currently has ~62k miles (I've put on about 300 so far) and I love it! The dealership I bought it from put on new tires, new brake pads (front/back), new belt, new air filters, and new cabin air filter. Even thou they put on new brake pads, it seems like the brake fluid is still old. Should I go pay someone to change this fluid out or run it the way it is? I'm planning on taking it to the Infiniti dealership to get the oil changed so they can do one of their multi-point inspections, just as a peace of mind for me. I've already had a mechanic do a full inspection on the car before I bought it.

Since the car is a 2007 and over 50k miles I am out of warranty, but I am having the following issues:

-Wind noise coming from weather stripping (ITB07-034a)
-outside door chrome rubber becoming sticky/going bad
-steering wheel trim paint rubbing off (ITB12-050)

All these are common problems I've read about online and hoping the dealership will fix them out of good will.

I emailed Infiniti today and found out I have about 1 month left on my powertrain warranty. Is there any common problems or problems that I can look for to get covered before my powertrain warranty runs out? I noticed when I was going ~35mph that the car was reving kind of high (4k rpm), almost like it wanted to shift up but wasn't sure if to shift up or not. I was coming to a stop so I think that might have caused it. I also haven't been able to replicate the problem. I just want to find anything/everything that could be bad to get covered under the powertrain warranty.

Since I'm right at the 60k miles mark, I will be keeping an eye on this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...s-service.html
I plan on getting my transmission oil drained/filled soon. What other maintenance do yall recommend? I am also planning on purchasing the extended warranty for 24months/24k miles. Is this something that yall have used in the past? Is it worth spending the $1200 on?

and of course this thread wouldn't be complete without a picture of my new ride:

Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM
oh also another thing.... when I lock/unlock my doors by pressing the button on the door, my car does not beep. I have held the lock/unlock buttons on the remote for a few seconds to change the setting but the car just doesn't want to beep. I did find a blown horn fuse and I replaced it, now the horn actually sounds like a man's horn rather than the low tone horn I was hearing before. But I just can't figure it out what might be wrong with the beep when locking/unlocking.... Any suggestions?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
The beep noise should be in the setting of the car, look into the manual to guide you if anything. If you have Auto, only use Nissan Matic S, If you have Manual call Infiniti and ask them if your car has the Clutch slave cylinder recall done on your car.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Welcome to the site
The TSBs may be handled outside the warranty period, not 100% sure though, it may be up to dealer discretion. The 07s did have a throttle sensitivity & cruise control TSB that I had done on our 07, it smoothed out the throttle tip-in, but kind of numbed it down a bit, easier to keep coffee in your cup though
The Cruise control TSB was a good one, it definitely improved the smooth operation of the CC, it was pretty herky-jerky prior. Also had the sunroof seal TSB applied, as it came loose a couple times. The dealer should be able to get your TSB history from your VIN and hopefully help w/ any issues you may have.
Have fun & enjoy your new G!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! I have looked thru the manual for the beep noise and the only way to turn it on/off is by holding the lock/unlock button which also enables/disables the horn honk when locking from the remote (not pressing the button on the door)... which leads me to believe that I have a bad beeping horn or blown fuse/relay somewhere.

As far as getting any recalls done/TSBs done, I've emailed Infiniti asking about any open recalls and what all have been done. This is the response I got:
A review of our records indicates that the above-referenced vehicle is not currently involved in any recalls or service campaigns. However, the following recalls have already been completed:

2007 - G35 Sedan Intelligent Key
so I guess all the other stuff have not been done? My girlfriend has a 2007 G35 sedan also and her car seems to have the throttle tip-in problem but when she drove mine, she said mine doesn't do it. So maybe it's been fixed?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hopefully Infiniti will be kind enough to replace your steering wheel trim. If your steering wheel is peeling, take a look at the trim on your doors with the same material, they usually go at the same time. If Infiniti won't do it you can look at some diy's to fix it yourself.

Infiniti should have a maintenance history they can print out for you. You may find the transmission fluid was changed very recently. It would be nice to know of it was changed at 30k.

Check your power steering fluid and change that if its dark. Brake fluid is usually good for a long time but if its black then by all means get it replaced, I think it is due with coolant at 60k. Find out if the dealer did a 4 wheel alignment when they swapped out the tires and get that done if needed, nothing worse than uneven tire wear. There was a brake judder tsb that addressed commonly warped brake rotors. The fix was adding a shield to the front rotors to avoid uneven cooling. There is a cabin air filter if you care to check that out.

Sounds like they took care of some major items before selling you the car which is great. Plus you came from owning a 350z, much of the info you learned about the z translates to the g.

Edit: check rear differential fluid change intervals

Last edited by G force; 02-13-2013 at 07:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bomb0314 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Also, see the stickie for things you may not know about your sedan.

When you hold lock/unlock on your fob, do the car lights blink to show you have toggled between beep modes? Now that I think about it, I think my car only makes an electronic beep when I push the lock button on the door handle. If I push the fob once it does not electronic beep. If I push the fob again it makes a horn beep to confirm its locked.

Last edited by G force; 02-13-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
congrats on the new ride!

how do you compare the G to the Z?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Welcome to the g community! Looks pretty clean.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
@G force: Yes both my steering wheel and my door trims are coming off, but the door panel I feel comfortable taking off myself and painting it. I'm scared about taking off my steering wheel since I have to mess with the air bag. I know the trim piece could be bought for under $50, I'm just worried about somehow messing up the SRS system.

I asked Infiniti about my maintenance history when I emailed them, but this is the response I got:
We have also received the request for a copy of any maintenance records for your vehicle. Unfortunately Infiniti Consumer Affairs does not have access to provide this information.
Is there someone/somewhere else I can ask/look?

The dealership I bought it from was a smaller dealership selling all kinds of used cars (mainly high end European cars). So I'm 99% sure they didn't do an alignment on it.

from seeing all the DIYs I plan on doing the power steering fluid change myself since that seems easy. Brake fluid (if it looks dark) I will take it to a shop because I don't want to get air in the system. I think coolant should be good on my car, but maybe I'll drain it then refill it (another easy job to do at home)....

about the lock/unlock beep, yes my lights blink to confirm the switching between the two settings. but I cant get the car to beep. I can get it to honk when locking from the remote, but pressing door button just locks/unlocks the door while flashing the blinkers - no beeps.

One of my main reasons for buying this G was because the VQ35HR is rated for 200k miles plus the G has more room than an IS.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! The G is definitely more comfortable than the Z but the Z had it's own perks.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So here are a few things with still in under factory warranty

I have and had all of the issues you listed, funny eh...? And maybe more...

Anyway, steering wheel replace at no cost, be-careful with that stupid clicking noise from the rear, this service is no cost. The coolant, do it now or regretted like me, the damn corner shop got me into this when I asked them to check the leaking and they said it's just fine, couple months later I ended up at the dealership for full repair, keep the battery healthy as you go. For the key, follow manual it'll fix the problem. The rubber on window driver side won't even move during hot weather, it melted like ice cream and very sticky if touch it, I need it fix too.
And all of the fluids change and wheel/tires service, other member has already advised so take it from there.
I bought my G brand new on July 4 2007 lolz and still perform fantastic. I abused it alot though and it never fail me once.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
found the problem with my lock/unlock beep problem... the horn has gone bad and I ordered a new one... $50 for a little piece that goes beep.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 AM
okay guys I need a little bit of help. I went thru and cleaned my throttle bodies without disconnecting the battery or the harness. I did open/move the butterfly slightly to clean in/around them. I drove around for a bit and it ran fine but then threw the P0507 code.

I have done the peddle dance couple hundred times without any luck. I did get it once but when I turned the car off and restarted it couple mins later, the light came back on. Last night, I disconnected the battery and both harnesses over night and did the reset/peddle dance today morning without luck. I have finally got the car to idle around ~800rpm, but my CEL light is still on. I'm scared to try the peddle dance again because I finally got the RPM correct. Would driving around for a while make the CEL go away or getting a scanner tool and erasing the code work?

If anyone is in DFW and would like to help me do the peddle dance this afternoon or next couple days, that would be great (just send me a PM).
And if anyone is in Houston and would like to help me next weekend or a weekend after that, PM me. (hopefully I can get it fixed before that)

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
went to Swell Infiniti in Houston on Friday to get an oil change done... I asked them about the following:

-Wind noise coming from weather stripping (ITB07-034a)
-outside door chrome rubber becoming sticky/going bad
-steering wheel trim paint rubbing off (ITB12-050)

and was told that I would have to pay out of pocket to do it. $850+ for new window trim, the rubber that is melting/sticking. Anyone know a cheaper way to fix this? I'm getting a lot of wind noise and I believe its from that... I've only found one thread about it and that guy had it done via warranty.
Then another $180 to replace steering wheel molding.

any DIYselfers here that can help me with the window trim/steering wheel? thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2007 G35S owner with some questions.