G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 Horsepower Rating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Lip
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
It will be faster, but it won't feel that much faster..
especially off the line.
It'll be quicker, like you say. The car is already decent, thus it won't be that much differnce.
A more responsive engine will feel faster, and if they made the engine smoother and quicker reving with an increase in torque, which Nissan is saying, then it will be a nice improvement.

Originally Posted by L454
BMW usually was more conservative with their horsepower figures so if they say the M3 has 330 horses, I believe them.
I agree with that. Ever drive a 540i 6-speed? 282hp my a$$. Those things get it on the freeway. I suppose that has a lot to do with the torque rating which is stout for a 4.4 liter motor in that old car.
BMW makes a great motor when they want to.
I have a feeling that the Turbo 3.0 in the 335 will be a very interesting motor to say the least.

That being said, Nissan makes a great motor too. One of their strong points. A 310hp NEW SAE motor will be quick. That's a huge increase over the VQ non-rev up motor, even without the SAE adjustment. I'll be interested to see the torque, more than the HP-That'll be telltale.
As others have said, if they bring this new G in under $40k with all the improvements, all of the pieces will fall into place.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fassster10
I heard the same thing on some chats in the internet that the new G will have 310 HP, which does give me the idea to look into an M3
If you'd consider a M3, why the hell would you even think about the G??? Comp diff classes.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
If you'd consider a M3, why the hell would you even think about the G??? Comp diff classes.
Before I bought my G coupe, I considered the E46 M3. I considered both because they were great performance for value. Given that the 400hp M3 was coming soon and the abundance of M3's in the Puget Sound area, and the M3 would have been almost twice as much as the G and not providing twice the value (to me), the choice was easy.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 AM
CV35 6MT
The 335 will be great, without a doubt. However, w/o an LSD, it wouldn't be able to put the power down effectively out of a tight corner.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Yup.. my thoughts as well.
He's softening us up so that we don't have grandiose expectations.

It will be faster, but it won't feel that much faster..
especially off the line.
I think that Infiniti designers were responding to some car magazine reviews stating that the G35 was "quick but not smooth".

Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
I think that Infiniti designers were responding to some car magazine reviews stating that the G35 was "quick but not smooth".
Could be....
Problem is it'll about 6 months before we get a chance to see for ourselves.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:31 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people continue to complain about a $35K (nicely loaded) sport sedan that cranks out 300+hp, gets decent fuel economy, and has bullet proof reliability. If you'd rather pay $10K more for a BMW that will perform MAYBE 5% better, then have at it! BMW's have earned their reputation of making the finest the sport sedans on the road and you'll pay a nice premium as a debt of gratitude.

So again, you can pay 15-25% more money for a car that delivers 5% better performance if you want to. On the bright side, I've noticed that nobody bothers to compare the G35 with the Acura TL anymore. Game, set, match in that little debate.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
It never ceases to amaze me how people continue to complain about a $35K (nicely loaded) sport sedan that cranks out 300+hp, gets decent fuel economy, and has bullet proof reliability. If you'd rather pay $10K more for a BMW that will perform MAYBE 5% better, then have at it! BMW's have earned their reputation of making the finest the sport sedans on the road and you'll pay a nice premium as a debt of gratitude.

So again, you can pay 15-25% more money for a car that delivers 5% better performance if you want to. On the bright side, I've noticed that nobody bothers to compare the G35 with the Acura TL anymore. Game, set, match in that little debate.
Wait till the 2007 TL and than you will see how much they will compare

Old 05-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Until Acura

Originally Posted by Raheel
Wait till the 2007 TL and than you will see how much they will compare
Until Acura adds RWD, works on the their understeer, and improves the handling of their TL, the Infiniti will continue to blow it away.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Until Acura adds RWD, works on the their understeer, and improves the handling of their TL, the Infiniti will continue to blow it away.
SH-AWD Baby

Old 05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Raheel
SH-AWD Baby
SH-AWD = FWD biased AWD

Old 05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
2007 G35

I work at an Infiniti dealership and they haven't told anyone what the horsepower rating will be.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 PM
by the time the dealers know about the official power rating, its already been re-posted here 15-20 times already.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Cool

I've noticed that nobody bothers to compare the G35 with the Acura TL anymore. Game, set, match in that little debate.
I had a 04 TL A/T. The debate is not as "cut n dry" as you might think. First my Acura had numerous rattles, many don't but mine did. The TL had nicer "ergonomics" (interior, auto mirrors, gauges, and a better sound system), and A-Spec suspension and slightly larger interior. The G has 298hp RWD 6mt (YEE HAA). The G w/ sport package is "not as tight" as the A-Spec but "tighter" than a stock TL. The TL might have had a little more at the bottom end, the G pulls harder at the top. Acura markets thier car as an entry level luxary sports sedan, our is marketed as an entry level sports luxary sedan.

In short these our very close cars. The G is a little better "driver's" car, the TL has a little more luxary. Mostly it depends on your driving habits. Those who lean towards the agressive/sporty might perfer the G, those who don't lean towards the agressive/sporty might perfer the TL. If you go to the Acura fourms you'll see they refer to our cars as "butt ugly". Looks are subjective. I think the G looks "sleeker" more refined, the A-Spec TL looks more agressive. Almost everyone I've met that owns either one of these two cars compared them both. Some bought a TL, some a G. I've had the pleasure of owning both.

FWIW, I went to buy an 05 6 speed TL (had an 04 TL trade in) but the dealer was a d*ck. Infiniti was offering some outlandish deals at the end of 2005, so I got the G. I'm super happy with it, but even I'd like to see more coverage on the 08 coupe as I'll probably want to consider one based on the new interior, sound system and other features, but I wouldn't rule out a SH-AWD TL.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jking1301
I work at an Infiniti dealership and they haven't told anyone what the horsepower rating will be.
I was at Tustin Infiniti yesterday and dealer told me 300hp (not sure he knew what he was talking about, but he specifically stated 300).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G35 Horsepower Rating.