G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 Horsepower Rating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I troll the TL forums from time to time just to see how they compare the two cars. Most agree the TL is more luxury and the G more sport. However they always trash our interior and say the exterior is fugly. When I first saw the TL I thought it was the better looking car, but the G35s looks really grow on you after time. I actually like the looks of the G better overall, though the TL does look nicer from the rear. One guy even referred to the G35 as an Altima with leather seats.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Acura's line is very good... their interior is superior. It is a very refined car. But the G will out perform any day of the week... FWD kills those cars (and the Altima btw). As others have stated - Acura is a better choice is your interest is a more refined ride with quality interior. The G is obviously the performer of the two.

Most of us in G's chose the car due to its performance and cost - and in my opinion there is no better choice when considering those two critical factors.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
310hp under the new SAE system is awesome! I expect nissan to up toyota just a tad with the newly redesigned VQ engine. You can tell it'll have good hp rating from the new rpm limit of 7.5k. I only think tq will only modestly increase to around 270-275tq. I expect the new G and IS to perform very similar to each other (automagic wise).

Old 05-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I have funny feeling, these slight increases in HP and Torque will do just enough to offset the extra weight, thus producing a car that performs no better than the current rendition.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday
I have funny feeling, these slight increases in HP and Torque will do just enough to offset the extra weight, thus producing a car that performs no better than the current rendition.

Infiniti has already said the 07 G35 will outperform the current model and
be "class leading" in performance.
I would hope the weight will not increase by much, if at all.
They hopefully used more aluminum in the car and lighterweight materials
where possible.

Furthermore, we don't know if they retuned the gearing of the car.
They could very well of made the first 3-4 gears more aggressive
and hopefully raised the 5-6th gears for better fuel economy while
cruising.

Again, if the car comes out to have the roughly 312 hp the GM at my local dealer told me, and the car loses 50+ pounds in weight, along with slightly
better gearing, it will very easily outperform any car in it's class!

Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by OCG35
Acura's line is very good... their interior is superior. It is a very refined car. But the G will out perform any day of the week... FWD kills those cars (and the Altima btw). As others have stated - Acura is a better choice is your interest is a more refined ride with quality interior. The G is obviously the performer of the two.

Most of us in G's chose the car due to its performance and cost - and in my opinion there is no better choice when considering those two critical factors.
I agree, however PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE is what we all seem to obsess about. Most of the time I'm in traffic and couldn't utilize the potental of a Sentra SE-R. All the G's I see a in the same traffic I'm in driving between 40 - 70 usually. So that would leave one to believe that the performance obsessors either work 3rd shift, or reside in a place where the is little traffic (must be a lot of G's in Montana & North Dakota).

People usually buy these cars for IMAGE & Price. Look at BMW sales to women. Note: I'm NOT saying all women do care about performance, just not the proportion that buy BMW's. Ask a woman about her M (BMW) or 3 series, very few will talk about it's performance, most will say they like it or it's sexy. Many men will issue similar comments. Performance will sell a limited number of cars mostly to Johnny RiceRocket. Image will sell cars like the new mustang. Price is usually a determining factor.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CMT_G35
People usually buy these cars for IMAGE & Price. Look at BMW sales to women. Note: I'm NOT saying all women do care about performance, just not the proportion that buy BMW's. Ask a woman about her M (BMW) or 3 series, very few will talk about it's performance, most will say they like it or it's sexy. Many men will issue similar comments. Performance will sell a limited number of cars mostly to Johnny RiceRocket. Image will sell cars like the new mustang. Price is usually a determining factor.
I *generally* agree. However, if performance wasn't a significant factor, then the sedan wouldn't be available with a 6 speed manual, and the bmw 330 sedan wouldn't have the zhp package. Those two packages target people that want a sports car but can't give up the practicality of a sedan. I don't get to really open my car up very often, but I love it when I do.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Not a fan of German cars myself. I'd choose a TT G35 Coupe over an M3 any day of the week.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Raheel
Wait till the 2007 TL and than you will see how much they will compare
Not to get too far OT, but whats the word on the 07 TL? I haven't been able to find much info on it.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Not to get too far OT, but whats the word on the 07 TL? I haven't been able to find much info on it.

Well this is a MMC, but will feature new Navi, new technology features, TYPE-S Version with 310+ HP, and Hopefully SH-AWD

Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt say the TL interior is superior, especially not to the 05-06 Gs.
there are many complaints on their forums regarding how well the leather and interior has been holding up over time that we dont see as much of here. but beyond that, i personally prefer the styling of the G's interior...

Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Raheel
Well this is a MMC, but will feature new Navi, new technology features, TYPE-S Version with 310+ HP, and Hopefully SH-AWD
Are you positive about those features? last time i checked the TL forums (a few days ago) most people were in consensus that th 07 TL would have realatively few changes, especially not likely an engine with over 300 hp due to torque steer issues. Also if you look at honda moco's model update policy, they seem to do major re-designs every five years, so SH AWD probably wouldn't be available until the 08 or 09 model year. Also, Acura has been quoted saying that the end of the RSX (next year) will bring the end of the 'type-s' monicker for the Acura line. A few new technology features are defenitely in the works.This is just the general jist of what I got.

Everybody will have there own opinions about cars, and I side with the Acura guys on the interior quality issue, but many of them also feel that the G is a great looking car. Besides, the 07 G looks like it will be adressing many of the interior quality concerns.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tekknikal
there are many complaints on their forums regarding how well the leather and interior has been holding up over time that we dont see as much of here. but beyond that, i personally prefer the styling of the G's interior...
I agree, the '05 improvements made a big difference. The '03-'04 was a bit beneath the TL.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by tekknikal
I've had both, 04TL & 05 G 6MT. I'd say the TL is somewhat nicer on the inside, HOWEVER the leather on our seats is nicer. The TL seats are "paper thin" leather. The TL has better creature comforts, sound system, slightly larger cabin. G feels better driving.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by ohmrwilson13
Are you positive about those features? last time i checked the TL forums (a few days ago) most people were in consensus that th 07 TL would have realatively few changes, especially not likely an engine with over 300 hp due to torque steer issues. Also if you look at honda moco's model update policy, they seem to do major re-designs every five years, so SH AWD probably wouldn't be available until the 08 or 09 model year. Also, Acura has been quoted saying that the end of the RSX (next year) will bring the end of the 'type-s' monicker for the Acura line. A few new technology features are defenitely in the works.This is just the general jist of what I got.

Everybody will have there own opinions about cars, and I side with the Acura guys on the interior quality issue, but many of them also feel that the G is a great looking car. Besides, the 07 G looks like it will be adressing many of the interior quality concerns.
Have read a lot into this TYPE-S is for Sure, SH-AWD is more of a Wish on everyones list, TYPE-S is a certain with more hp and sporty changes, and lots of new technological features, they are planning to do a lot more than before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G35 Horsepower Rating.