G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Earthquake affect Tochigi factory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Earthquake affect Tochigi factory?

Just wondering if the earthquake that hit Japan affected Nissan's Tochigi factory, where G37's are made. I read that the Tochigi area was affected by the earthquake. Be interesting to find out if the earthquake did any damage to the factory.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so we have an Earthquake, a potential Dock strike at Long Beach and a Tsunami on the way to swamp the one freighter with the coupes aboard. Anything else on this beautiful MONDAY!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
hahaha!! Sounds like mother nature doesn't like the g37 either...

-Sean

Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Ok, so we have an Earthquake, a potential Dock strike at Long Beach and a Tsunami on the way to swamp the one freighter with the coupes aboard. Anything else on this beautiful MONDAY!!!!!!
LOL, I understand man!! It will be ok, just have a little faith!!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
no joke.. a ship heading to the states with a boat load of cars sunk back around the same time in 2003 while i was for those first G's to get here.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Stay positive. It's all just speculation until real news arrives.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Just wondering if the earthquake that hit Japan affected Nissan's Tochigi factory, where G37's are made. I read that the Tochigi area was affected by the earthquake. Be interesting to find out if the earthquake did any damage to the factory.
Unless there is something major catastrophic they are well thought and prepaired

Old 07-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Earthquake. . .

Just an observation. Here is an event where there was death, injury, damage to property, etc. and there are those here wondering how they will be impacted viz-a-viz G37 delivery. How about some perspective

Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Just an observation. Here is an event where there was death, injury, damage to property, etc. and there are those here wondering how they will be impacted viz-a-viz G37 delivery. How about some perspective

Kind of funny that your name is "SeismicGuy" here in the earthquake thread.

Better check the alignment on the new G37's that arrive....sounds like things may have gotten bounced around a little bit at the Tochigi factory....

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/337305

Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
It's a natural event as you know and happen all the time, so all we can do is prepare for the inevitable. Death and destruction occur on a daily basis and they are not all related to natural causes, however, my bad for you assuming that I was making light of anything related to this disaster. Perspective is important, you are right.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I have just gotten into the habit of using SeismicGuy as login since I am a structural engineer specializing in earthquake risk. I just thought it was humorous how folks can take a potentially catastrophic event and distill it down to how it might affect delivery of their car. Pardon my sarcasm.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Morality: those who stick with their G35 won't have anxiety attacks.
Or you can always buy the Sedan with possible discounts.
Or betray your nature and integrity and purchase a BMW!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
I wonder if a lot of dealerships already tried to find out if the G37s were going to be delayed...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Don't feel too bad guys. After I ordered my 07 Sedan, there was a labor dispute at the docks in Vancouver. No boats were allowed to unload and my car had to be re-routed to Los Angeles. In the end, the delivery of my G was delayed over a month because of this strike.

Stuff happens and unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. Hopefully this earthquake won't affect your delivery dates much, if at all.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
N50
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Don't feel too bad guys. After I ordered my 07 Sedan, there was a labor dispute at the docks in Vancouver. No boats were allowed to unload and my car had to be re-routed to Los Angeles. In the end, the delivery of my G was delayed over a month because of this strike.

Stuff happens and unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. Hopefully this earthquake won't affect your delivery dates much, if at all.
Heheheh. Oh do I ever remember this. What, you waited like...4-5 months after you ordered? Or something like that. I think you had the longest stint on this board.

Don't feel bad soon-to-be G37 owners. I'm sure nothing'll happen. I did read something about a boat sinking off the coast of the Midway Islands though.

j/k

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Earthquake affect Tochigi factory?