Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I call the first set of the shockwave v2!!

Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Thumbs up

Well I'm in then- for one TDX Shockwave Ti V2

If for no other reason than because you're a DAMN good salesman! That's worth it's own price... Oh yeah, and it looks like to product kicks ***. 65 pages in one thread of guys that are ready to drop 2k just like that? (okay, maybe a shade less!)

I'd do it through the website but I'm assuming you don't have that posted on there yet. Can I get a shipping estimate to postal code t1s2J5? I'm going to assume those are resonated pipes (or can be made so with an add on?). Perhaps I can preorder and pay for a set before the other hyenas jump on it! I just don't want to have to wait until next october to take delivery.

I do see that the system is modular- and I think that's awesome. Problem is that I'm not sure if the V2 portion acts as a resonator for the whole system from the VQ back or if it only sustains the cat-back portion?

Like I said, still trying to learn the ropes a bit. Let me know if there's another way I should go about getting the info.

Eno

Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Hi Guys,

It was a really busy day today at the fabrication shop today. I wasn't able to take a picture today but I'll get them for you tomorrow.

Itnkicn,

Thanks for the props. I don't really consider myself a salesman but I can honestly say that I am excited about this new exhaust.

1) Its modular. This opens up great opportunity for versatility and adaptation for every VQ owner. Loud, quiet, Titanium muffler, stainless mufflers, no mufflers, different looks, different sounds. Variability on the cost. This systems has a great range of customizability.
2) Multiple independent dyno test show the Shockwave out dynos just about anything it goes up against.
3) It uses a combination of dual 2.5" and dual 3" for the best TQ and HP but at the same time, this new system doesn't drone at all. There is no other high performance exhaust of this calibur that doesn't drone. So this MD exhaust really stands out among all others.
4) The new MD test pipes... I know people are going to love these. The look on them alone is so unusual that it will garner a lot of curiosity.
5) The test pipes sound and performance will be equally different too. These are tuned test pipes. Reduce rasp. Reduce drone and get a nice kick in power.

I'm happy to bring something different to the market. Not just more of the same and not just something different for the sake of being different, but superior in function, design and versatility. My first nature is as an engineer. I have always obsessed on making a excellent technical design for what ever it is I am working on. (I did the same thing as a rocket scientist for Boeing, NASA and the Military)

I can honestly say this is the best exhaust system available for our platform. I wouldn't be able to say it if I didn't believe it to be true. So yeah, in a way, my belief in it allows this assesment of it.

You guys can do all the independent dynos and evaluations.

Tony

PS For a shipping quote I'll need your full adress. Send it to sales@motordyneengineering.com and I'll get you the shipping.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
ETA on TP/HFC?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
cant wait to see some pics and clips

Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Exhaust ~2 weeks.
TP 2 possibly 3 weeks.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Exhaust ~2 weeks.
TP 2 possibly 3 weeks.
Nice!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Exhaust ~2 weeks.
TP 2 possibly 3 weeks.
sweet

Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Tony - I keep seeing ppl say they are waiting for MD HFC... but I can only remember you stating TP... I need to replace one of my cats, but if you have something in the works (that might be soon), I might hold off and wait.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Tony - I keep seeing ppl say they are waiting for MD HFC... but I can only remember you stating TP... I need to replace one of my cats, but if you have something in the works (that might be soon), I might hold off and wait.
i think ive been the only one asking about the HFC, and if i remember correctly (dont feel like searching through alllllll pages to quote him directly) tony stated that after the TP are in production it would be easy to mod the TP into a HFC. so hopefully in a month or two he'll have HFCs?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jayk
i think ive been the only one asking about the HFC, and if i remember correctly (dont feel like searching through alllllll pages to quote him directly) tony stated that after the TP are in production it would be easy to mod the TP into a HFC. so hopefully in a month or two he'll have HFCs?
I've seen several ppl say they are waiting for his HFC...

The bold blue brings up my next question... what will the hfc look like? From your post I guess they will look similar if not exactly like test pipes... I like the OEM look of the hfc I have now - but I'd like to see (or at least read about) what MDE will be.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
I've seen several ppl say they are waiting for his HFC...

The bold blue brings up my next question... what will the hfc look like? From your post I guess they will look similar if not exactly like test pipes... I like the OEM look of the hfc I have now - but I'd like to see (or at least read about) what MDE will be.
pretty much... yes and no

Once the test pipes are done it will be easy to slam a HFC on them.

Piece of cake.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Lol I've asked Tony about the HFC's multiple times too! He's told me both through pm's and in person, that he is making them after the tp's.

I'm guessing they'll be similar to the new tp's, but no one knows how his new design looks, lol.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yes, there will be HFC's.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Tony, Is there a way to tone the drone on the sedan exhaust? (XYZ resonated, resonated VQ) It probably would be quiet without my HFC & headers. Just curious. I only get drone between 1800-2400 ish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!