Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen exhaust being installed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen exhaust being installed...

Got my Injen SES super exhaust yesterday from CZP, took my ride to Midas this afternoon and dropped it off. I will post some pics and a sound clip once it is finished. They better not screw it up...
I would install it myself, however I don't have any way of lifting the car up.
The anticipation of getting it back with it installed is killin me hehe
Seems the install is going to be about 130 bux, is this about right?
The money issue doesn't really bother me, I just wanna it done right the first time...
Sorry Moog, the Pro-1 was just a bit too loud for me.

'04 6 spd MT Diamond Graphite / Graphite Prem, Aero, 20GB Phat Box, Limo tint, Aluminum Pedals, Clear bra, JWT Popcharger and Z tube

Old 11-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Re: Injen exhaust being installed...

Pic installed, I got a movie of the sound, need hosting...

'04 6 spd MT Diamond Graphite / Graphite Prem, Aero, 20GB Phat Box, Limo tint, Aluminum Pedals, Clear bra, JWT Popcharger and Z tube

387620-injen.JPG

Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 PM

Is it louder then stock or similar? Do you feel any loss of low end torque? Im looking for a new exhaust and cant decide between this one and the Fujitsubo one

Old 11-17-2004, 11:20 PM

Thats not even a comparison.

Yes, much louder.
Very bassy. Fuji is axel back. Injen is full dual. There not at all similar.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 AM

I can't tell any difference in low end torque, the car responds the same and is quick as a cat.
The sound from the exhaust is LOUD, nothing like stock. When cruising in say 5th @ 50 mph, you can tell (and those in the lanes next to you) when you put your foot on the gas, the drone is low and sounds very mean. It is tolerable and can be controlled by the way you drive. You can also put a resonator on the exhaust if you get sick of it.
I love to use the sound of the exhaust to move people out of my way; I seriously think there is a new level of respect from other drivers when they hear this thing come up behind them.
I love the exhaust and have the old parts sitting in my garage if anyone is interested in them pm me.

'04 6 spd MT Diamond Graphite / Graphite Prem, Aero, 20GB Phat Box, Limo tint, Aluminum Pedals, Clear bra, JWT Popcharger and Z tube, Injen Super SES exhaust

Old 11-19-2004, 09:54 AM

B33r, whats the price on the Injen going for? It is cat-back and stainless right?

Old 11-19-2004, 11:09 AM

I got mine online from CZP, was 888$ shipped. It was sent out fast too, ordered Thrusday got it Monday, good online store, 2 thumbs up.
Oh and yes its full cat back and shiney stainless steel =)

'04 6 spd MT Diamond Graphite / Graphite, Prem, Aero, 20GB Phat Box, Limo Tint, Clear Corners, Aluminum Pedals, Clear Bra, JWT Popcharger and Z tube, Injen Super SES Exhaust

Old 11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Never enough

Hmm you couldnt tell that you lost low end? I can! But its all good I love it and wouldnt go back to stock. Putting a new resonator isnt going to help with how deep the note is, thats what makes it deep. Injen uses two resonators with the cat back system. BTW did you get the updated version with the new resonators or the old one? If you see fiberglass on the rear bumper you got the old one. Im almost positive you got the old one. Injen will take care of you though. If you email Duy he will send you new resonators.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:27 PM

The loss on the low end is negligable, this is the fastest car I have ever owned and I don't drive it that hard ( I do have my fun, don't get me wrong ) so to me I can't tell a difference. I drove a F-150 for 5 years so this is a big change for me. My car is < 6 months old, 7k total miles.
I don't see any fiberglass on my bumper, it does smell a little, like roasted marshmellows heheh. The exhaust has about 250 miles on it. Is there any other way of telling which version of the exhaust you have besided looking for the fiberglass on your bumper?

'04 6 spd MT Diamond Graphite / Graphite, Prem, Aero, 20GB Phat Box, Limo Tint, Clear Corners, Aluminum Pedals, Clear Bra, JWT Popcharger and Z tube, Injen Super SES Exhaust

Old 11-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Never enough

If you look where the exhaust bolts up to the cats you'll see a flex pipe. If the flex pipe is further back its the old one. If its right next to where it bolts up then its new.

Old 11-20-2004, 11:53 AM

G352NV - My original primary pipes (blowing fiberglass), had the flex joints next to the Cats. The driver side pipe of the Cat was almost touching the undercarriage of car. The replacement primaries that Injen just sent me (New Design) has the flex joints further down the pipes, toward the center of the car. The pipe on the driver side of the Cat, sits lower and is "not" almost touching the chassis. Better design. I believe you might had meant the opposite of what you wrote?

'03c6mt/Blk/Premium/Sport/Aero
Eibach's/Hyper-Ground/Ztube+JWT/Injen SES
Rogue/Momo/Sparco

Old 11-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Never enough

Lol, your right! Sorry about that.

Old 11-20-2004, 03:48 PM

hahaha I'm lovin that license plate