Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Does it make sense to get MREV+ solely for fuel economy improvement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Does it make sense to get MREV+ solely for fuel economy improvement?

Pretty much everyone has said that MREV+ improves fuel economy. Given that you don't change the way you drive after getting MREV (which I know is super hard to do) what kind of fuel economy improvement would everyone be seeing?

Since gas prices are so high, if we see ~2MPG overall improvement, MREV+ can pay for itself within 10K miles.

I just want to see what kind of improvements people are seeing in terms of fuel economy so I can have another reason to justify this purchase!

Thanks for everyone's input

Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
bump...

anyone?

Old 04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt you will see that much of a difference in fuel economy to justify its purchase purely b/c of increasd fuel economu (but the overall price to perfromance ratio is really good)--Why not just go for it?

Old 04-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since more air flow will be going into your motor... your maf sensor will automatically make your fuel adjust to it... making the VQ run richer... i would believe so... so my guess would be no.. it will only make you use up more gas
but again i could be wrong...

Old 04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
no, lmao

Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
No. If fuel economy was a concern, then the G35 should have never been considered. Get the Mrev+ for the performance and consider the better fuel economy (if it even improves it) as an added bonus.

I know a lot of people are griping about gas prices, but if going from $2/gal to $3/gal is straining you financially, then you REALLY should consider reevaluating your finances.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
^...or at least your purchases.

It sounds like chiapet15 is trying to convince someone (self or others) that there's a perfectly logical, responsible rationale for spending the money on this part.

Forget about it. If you have to justify it to yourself or someone else... ...lie.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
^...or at least your purchases.

It sounds like chiapet15 is trying to convince someone (self or others) that there's a perfectly logical, responsible rationale for spending the money on this part.

Forget about it. If you have to justify it to yourself or someone else... ...lie.
+1..

Old 04-26-2006, 07:14 PM
shift under 2K that's how you save gas

Old 04-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Fuel Economy

Internet confession...

Since installation of the MREV+ in my '05 G35 coupe (paradoxical because the 05 plenum is sophisticated (high flow). Reverting to the old plenum - seems paradoxical - but enhances torque. MREV+ plenum rocks; front runners on the lower collector are machined to facilitate even distribution of airflow to the forward cylinders. The aluminium spacer enhanes intake volume. Iso thermal gasket and coolent shut off valve turn the plenum into an isothermal dream. Ambient air temperature is your friend. Enough gain to contribute to the performance of this engine with variable valve technology.

The '05 G35 coupe with K&N Typhoon type intake tube (locates MAF in the center of an aluminum intake), paralleling the Z tube, coupled with a Blitz filter have altered both vehicular harmonics and ego.

I can honestly say keeping my foot out of the gas is outside the range of possiblity. Mileage??? Pawn your X-box. Carpe Diem...

Dont know whether or not the NISMO grounding kit made the same difference in the quality of the signals to the engine, as it cleaned up the stereo, but this baby is wet (responsive)! And, the braided grounding cables certainly do dress up the engine bay.

Valentine one with POP. Wont leave home without it. Blinder Extreme, a necessary evil in these days of lidar. Jamming modules are mounted on aluminium rail behind Gailla Grill. Slots are custom cut within Stillen's black chrome inserted behind Gailla' frame. Stealth / I fly...

Conclusion, Ambient Air System sucks it in; Tanabe Y pipe blows it out...

Do you want to die. The preceeding upgrades might have you walking in the valley of the shadow of death...