Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any fixes for rattling ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any fixes for rattling ???

I bought a 2003 G35 coupe with all the bells and whistles and the car is rattling from the middle console (dashboard behind the clock area), passenger side door seems to have some rattling as well and the Bose speakers seem to rattle in the back (trunk area) when the stereo is turned up.

Anyone know any sites or fixes that other G35 owners have gone through to fix rattling?
I know it is a common thing on the G35 but it is driving me absolutely insane. A car with 38000km should not rattle, my other car is a '91 Celica GTS with 230000km and it has no rattling.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the club. You'll chase rattles forever. I was similarly surprised at the build quality. That said, I still love it

Old 05-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rattles didn't bother me until I installed my HFCs and exhaust - now I occasionally get that rattle behind the clock.

I listen to music 95% of the time anyhow, so I can live with the rattles. I love my G!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
Rattles didn't bother me until I installed my HFCs and exhaust - now I occasionally get that rattle behind the clock.

I listen to music 95% of the time anyhow, so I can live with the rattles. I love my G!
Oh don't get me wrong I love my G, however the rattling noise behind the clock is just wrong all around. It sounds like two pieces of thin metal vibrating at very fast speed creating this nice rattle noise that drives me up the wall.

I was wondering if there was a quick fix since the rattle seems to be from behind the clock, so I assume I have to read on how to take the clock and computer assembly out and see what is vibrating.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ginu
Oh don't get me wrong I love my G, however the rattling noise behind the clock is just wrong all around. It sounds like two pieces of thin metal vibrating at very fast speed creating this nice rattle noise that drives me up the wall.

I was wondering if there was a quick fix since the rattle seems to be from behind the clock, so I assume I have to read on how to take the clock and computer assembly out and see what is vibrating.

Taking the assembly out isn't too difficult. Other members have tried to find the source of the rattle, and from what I've read no one has been able to fix it.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
If you find it, we gotta make that a sticky and send you much deserved beer.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by releasedtruth
If you find it, we gotta make that a sticky and send you much deserved beer.
Oh i will, it will just take me time and the real problem is.... my gf.

I spent 6 hours last night washing, waxing and conditioning the car and she had a fit... excuse was she was feeling bad (which she was) and i wasn't there.

I almost feel like I'm cheating...

Old 05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
lets see... my glovebox rattles, my clock rattles, now I installed fast intentions exhaust and that is now making something rattle under the rear drivers side and everything is tight as can be...

Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
also have the clock rattle. pulled the clock cover and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. has anyone tried to replicate the rattle with the cover off to see if it might actually be the clips in the cover? i just now thought about that. might have to try that later.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Found a main rattle in the rear view mirror; at first I thought it was the clock because it was coming from the same direction but its the mirror.
It is cheaply put together, hence the rattling.
I haven't taken it apart but a rubber band or my wife's hair strap works well for now but looks tacky.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 PM
I too have the rattle. what about taking the center dash out, driving the car and trying to hear the rattle. I figure if I do that and the rattle is gone it's definitely somewhere in that console. After that maybe shake the fker until i can find out where from the console... I really think its the clock, it never rattled until the other week when i had to change the clock to the new time. freaking weird

Old 03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginu
Found a main rattle in the rear view mirror; at first I thought it was the clock because it was coming from the same direction but its the mirror.
It is cheaply put together, hence the rattling.
I haven't taken it apart but a rubber band or my wife's hair strap works well for now but looks tacky.
Check out the thread on repairing the rearview mirror rattle. It is very well done with pictures and instructions.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
not really a solution to fixing the actual rattle but my friend had his dash wrapped in suede and it cut down vibration 99 percent or so.