Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Swap AT shift console to MT shift console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap AT shift console to MT shift console?

btw.. i have searched and never found anything about it.. but if this was posted before.. Sry.

has this been done before in an 06-07 g35 coupe yet? i was wondering because i just want the look of a manual console, but still be automatic if you know what i mean. I like the circle that goes around the manual shifter. would it just be an easy swap? i was thinking of getting a custom shiftboot and an aftermarket **** for my automatic shifter...

id greatly appreciate it if anyone has pictures of a setup like this.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
well the biggest problem is that the parking brake would have to be relocated. That won't be cheap.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
maybe i shouldve been more clear.. i know relocating the ebrake would be too expensive so i didnt want to do that. i just wanted to know if we can swap out the shift console?

Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It depends how everything lines up. I don't have a MT sedan or coupe, but I suppose the cutout for the parking break covers both the rear portion and the forward portion (the part that connects to the dash). If you got the MT forward portion it might not end up matching so well. I would say look into putting an M45 shift **** on the auto if you want to dress up that area. Or figure someway of extracting the chrome ring overlay out of a junkyard g35 6mt console and applying it to yours.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
^^^^

haha, i was actually waiting for an answer like that... but its just a personal reference. dont get me wrong i love MT, but the traffic problems here in hawaii is just horrible and plus i drive over 25+ miles a day and thats the minimum...

thanks for your answer tho

Old 10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...available.html

I make a shift boot that covers the whole shift plate that way it looks like a manual

Old 10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
lol, as soon as you put pics up, and i like it, i can guarantee you ill be buying one . just waiting on those pics

Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Genkiboi8o8
lol, as soon as you put pics up, and i like it, i can guarantee you ill be buying one . just waiting on those pics
My buddy gets back from Cali soon, he's the one with the auto lol I drive a 6spd so I can't take pix on my car

I'll have pix up asap and I'll post them up for ya

Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM
ok no problem man, you got lots of time lol. im done w/ mods this month, or at least with this paycheck.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Wasn't trying to be rude, but if someone asks you, "It's a manual?" you have to be prepared to explain and why... Good luck!
LOL he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone, if he likes it and thinks that the Automatic shift plate looks ugly why not just cover it up? Lots of people like the look of a manual shifter better than the look of the auto its just their own personal opinion.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Premier Member

i was thinking about doing this...only problem is ineed to find a black 05+ 6mt center console that came with oem navi. the ones that dont have navi, the ash tray is bigger so it wont fit.

i cant find any without having to pay a buttload for it lol

Old 10-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Locksmith
LOL he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone, if he likes it and thinks that the Automatic shift plate looks ugly why not just cover it up? Lots of people like the look of a manual shifter better than the look of the auto its just their own personal opinion.
+1. The automatic plate and **** look freaking hideous on the older model G35's. I've had a shift boot covering up everything for over a year. it makes everything look a heck of a lot classier.

However, I wouldn't understanding changing the consoles of a 05-07. That wouldn't make any sense at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Swap AT shift console to MT shift console?