Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350

Can someone explain exactly what the GT350 is, what exactly is a Skyline (same as GTR?) what the proper badging and other proper parts on the car are supposed to be (ie kickplates, etc), and what you would need to do to a G35 to make it legitimate?

I've searched but found no clear answer!

Thanks

Old 02-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my shot at it. Ok FIRST of all we do not have a GTR. Second this car in Japan (G35 Coupe) is the Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe. Not GT350.

AND The GTR is the grand daddy of all skylines.

As for changing it. Man you gotta do alot.
1. Change the seats
2. Change the clock
3. Change the door panels
4. Change the steering wheel cover (air bag)
5. Change all the badges (front grill and rear trunk)
6. Change all the floor mats
7. Get rid of the Infiniti engine cover
8. Change the logos on the wheels to nissan
8. MAKE IT RIGHT HAND DRIVE

i bet there is more but i got sick looking
Good luck

i dont know if i missed anything please anyone feel free to add

Old 02-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Wow thanks...I had no idea...so I guess the cars with Infiniti GT350 is incorrect, or just not complete? Trying to figure out if I will get laughed at at a meet or the dealership if I put GT350 on the car...

What is the general consensus about rebadging? Tacky or cool?

Old 02-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
personal preference, but be prepared for alot of attention (both positive and negative). the ignorant gran turismo 3 fanboys will be yelling "poser" and you'll be hearing much of the term "fake skyline". it was cool for a while, but im getting tired of explaining and am now considering taking the "skyline" off and leaving the 350gt.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I currently have the rear trunk debadged except for the Mt. Fuji logo... and I'm going to keep it that way...

I'm going to put a 350GT logo inside the UT grille I'm getting installed Monday...

To me, it really doesn't matter what you do when it comes to badging/debadging as long as you like it... you can mix and match all you want, because at the end of the day, YOU have to drive it home and park it in YOUR garage...

Old 02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Yea like other people said. I GOT WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION. SO much attention the emblems ended up getting stolen. If i wanted thru go thru the pain of explaining to everyone again about the car, then yea i will get it again. Like bzabodyn I too have only the Mt. Fuji logo on the back and i love it.

But your car do what ever the hell you want.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
rashman my friend was in your situation but worse. not only were his badges stolen, but they used a flat tip screwdriver and cut through the paint around every letter. just be careful.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by csukoh78
Wow thanks...I had no idea...so I guess the cars with Infiniti GT350 is incorrect, or just not complete? Trying to figure out if I will get laughed at at a meet or the dealership if I put GT350 on the car...

What is the general consensus about rebadging? Tacky or cool?
Hey....I see you are comming around.....
Personally....I like to keep them guessing.
98% of the population has no idea and says..."wow is that really a skyline"
It is not the same as putting M3 badges on a 328i.....
The G is the same car in Japan.....labeled Skyline.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it dumb to have SKYLINE printed on the back with a big INFINITI logo on the front/steering wheel/rims/etc. While you can get rid of most... some are VERY expensive to get rid off (the seat for example). If you have NAV system, try getting rid of INFINITI on the boot up screen.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
OldVFRguy...I stand corrected....

And the only thing I am thinking about doing is replacing the G35 with GT350 and leaving everything else stock. Just sounds cooler

Old 02-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kyosho
personal preference, but be prepared for alot of attention (both positive and negative). the ignorant gran turismo 3 fanboys will be yelling "poser" and you'll be hearing much of the term "fake skyline". it was cool for a while, but im getting tired of explaining and am now considering taking the "skyline" off and leaving the 350gt.
It is kinda annoying with the whole "fake skyline" thing, but lately, people are actually finally understanding that it is the new skyline. There are still those few who are like "but thats an infiniti" and...that doesnt look like the skyline from fast and the furious~~~~~>oh god

csukoh78 - Its a love or hate thing. People who actually do know about changing to jdm badging will give you props and others who dont know the simple facts that infiniti = nissan...acura = honda...and lexus = toyota will just make fun of you. Doesn't bother me at all. One time, someone asked me if it was a 'special edition g35 from japan' haha. Another time, some cop was looking at my car and was like "ooh...nice car, and you seem to have jdm skyline badges...nice work" So ya, some people know, some people dont know, and most people dont care. But if you do anything, make sure you put the nissan emblems at least because an "infiniti skyline" would probably get more flaming from people imo

Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 AM
I personally have skyline and 350gt in black chrome. The car gets a lot of attention, and I see a lot of people point and look at the rear while im driving. Personally, I did it for a little JDM touch and uniqueness. For those who call it a fake Skyline, I simply did not do the badging for those poor naive people who simply aren't enthusiasts. They're meant to be understood by car enthusiasts who see the meaning. As far as going full JDM, I wouldn't be so inclined as to reprogramming the navi screen. However I am replacing the door sills, and i am covering the seat centers in Alcantara to cover the Infiniti embroidery. However I will be leaving the steering wheel and clock and navi screen alone. In the end. It's your car, don't let other's opinions build your car.

Old 02-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel the same way as u do a2ncharm23. I had the trunk bare but my woman got me the skyline logo with 350Gt logo and the door sills, so i figure what the hell they do look nice when its all done right. Im getting the front emblem soon and i removed the tire center caps, so i just need the interior for now. I was planning on doing the same for the seats (cover them) and the clock is no problem to change. i got no nav so thats not an issue. for the steering wheel i have a few plans but havent decided yet.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Talking

My Turn:

Here's the link for a Japanese auto exporter -
http://www.batfa.com/new_car_nissan_skyline.htm

Attached Thumbnails Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-sky1.jpeg   Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-sky2.jpeg   Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-sky3.jpeg   Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-nissanskyline350gttrunk.jpeg  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Here's some more pics and my front Nissan emblem:

I still have to change the following:

1) Engine Cover - NISSAN BADGING -
2) Center Caps - NISSAN (still haven't found them yet) -
3) SKYLINE DOOR SILLS -
4) AIR BAG COVER - (not a big deal) -
5) SEATS to Skyline - (not a big deal - tinted windows whose gonna care) -
6) CLOCK - whose gonna look too closely..? Really?

Here's my reactions from people:

1) - From the "hater crowd" -
I thought the SKYLINE is supposed to be (right hand drive)

Answer -
Yes if I lived in Japan you are correct but we're in the states and when you order the car from an INFINITI DEALER it comes left hand driver.

2) "Is that really a SKYLINE" -
Answer -
YES IT IS - But it's not the one from the movie. That is a 1999 older model and discontinued. There are many different SKYLINE's sold in JAPAN. This is the newer Skyline. In JAPAN , the car is sold as a NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT. In the USA, it is sold under the INFINITI G35 badging.

https://secure.nissan.co.jp/KMD/SKYL...ndex.jsp?ID=01

3) "Did you import that car from JAPAN" -
Answer -
YES I DID. But I picked it up from an INFINITI DEALER. I ordered all my SKYLINE parts from Japan and installed it myself.

4) From an Ahole cop who stopped me from giving a cabbie the finger after he was on my bumper for 2 blocks and honking at me to go when people were still in the x walk -
Cop Goes -
Why does your registration say INFINTI G35. He ran my VIN everything was fine...lectured me and let me go. But he goes, under the hood everything says NISSAN...You need to go to the DMV and change the documents...DMV lady goes...don't even worry about it...they have the vin# that's it -

Answer - NISSAN SKYLINE = INFINITI G35 -

5) Nice ride man
(enthusiasts and people who appreciate a fine sports cpe) -
Answer -
THANK YOU. I've had people ask if they can take a picture of my car...I'm like sure...no problem...People have acutally stopped, got out of their car at a red light...and just stare and say WOW...Nice Car...! Lot's of THUMBS UP too from people rolling up next to me at a red light!

In short, It's my car I do what I want to it...I'm not worried about the haters!
If they roll up next to me and go hey is that a real skyline with an attitude...I just go Yes it is...In Japan it's sold as a NISSAN SKYLINE go online and do a search!

ENJOY YOUR SKYLINE 350GT - Let those haters hate...They're just jealous!

(PS) If you were to have the "right hand drive" shipped to the USA Price = $900.00 - about 2 months by boat - Price for the car $42,400.00 and additional DMV, SMOG, and lots of paperwork = more $$$ - FYI -

BoBs- San Francisco, CA

Attached Thumbnails Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-grille.jpg   Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350-skyside1.jpeg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Once and for all...badging and the skyline gt350