Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here.
I am definately in when the part numbers are solidified.
Please keep us all updated.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
How come we don't just do a Group Buy from somewhere. As helpful as Yoshi is I'm sure he isn't the only one who can get these parts for us. Just a thought but if you can get a group buy we should. Thanks for doing all the work bro much appreciated.
Ooo yeah and I'm confused this Alarm it comes with does it override our current alarm or how does this work. Our old one won't work now?

Old 06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I would love to have this feature installed on my G. I have the tilt-down mirror on our Acura MDX and it's one of the most useful features a vehicle can have. It would be a life-saver for the tires and rims.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
My '04 X-5 ...you could control whenever it tilted down by having your setter off the left mirror control
oh Schnapp! THAT's how you control it! i always just thought that my 5-series was on the fritz when sometimes the mirror would auto tilt down, while other times it wouldn't!... i take back all those curses i've muttered to the unseen BMW engineers
Originally Posted by G35UKY
If you want, you can contact him about the turn signal mirrors:
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com
that's hilarious that Yosh!taka's name got censored hey, UKY, just wanted to voice my appreciation for all the legwork that you've done

Old 06-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the props! It hasn't been too difficult looking into other than having to wait so long for the replies, but I am used to that anyway having worked with Japanese engineers before and other overseas contacts like India and China.

Is there anyway anyone can confirm the part numbers that Yoshi san gave me? I don't know why he can't do this himself.

He thinks that the part numbers for the parking support system are the following:

For sedan :
B5800-AQ006
B5801-AC500

For coupe :
B5800-CD406
B5801-AC600

If no one knows, I will see if any of my NTCNA contacts from my previous job can help me.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Here's the link to the parking support system:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...35/sk_049.html

Just send the link the Yoshi-san, I am sure he can read Japanese better than I. From the catalog, the part numbers are 5XES5/6XES5 for the sedan/coupe respectively. That's with the basic alarm, it goes up from there price wise.

Basically, you get a flashing LED, a switch and a sticker... the switch is to disable the auto reverse tilt. Here are some pics. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the parts but it's just a black box unit with some wires.

Attached Thumbnails Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors-temp.jpg   Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors-temp2.jpg  
Old 06-18-2005, 11:40 AM
The stickers are VERY JDM I liketh that!!

Old 06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by spectrum
Here's the link to the parking support system:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...35/sk_049.html

Just send the link the Yoshi-san, I am sure he can read Japanese better than I. From the catalog, the part numbers are 5XES5/6XES5 for the sedan/coupe respectively. That's with the basic alarm, it goes up from there price wise.

Basically, you get a flashing LED, a switch and a sticker... the switch is to disable the auto reverse tilt. Here are some pics. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the parts but it's just a black box unit with some wires.
Here's what Yoshi san gave me for the part number breakdown:
B5800-CD406/B5800-AQ006 : control unit, detector, LED kit, mirror switch,
sticker.
B5801-AC500/B5801-AC600 : harness

If you notice, this does not include a motor, mounting brackets, harness, etc. for the auto. fold-in feature I think because the JDM cars all come with mirror fold in. However, not all of them have the fold-in feature when the lock button is pressed. I asked Yoshi san about the fold-in motor and any other parts needed to mount and hook it up. Hopefully, that info. will conclude my efforts!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Great work and persistence.
I am sure everyone monitoring this thread appreciates it.

Please keep us posted!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't know if I am ever going to post any DIY mods again because I seem to just get flamed for them. I thought these boards were for information about mods. I try to put one out there about converting the stock G tube to a Z tube and catch all kinds of hell for it.

I am through with trying to help. I don't have patience to help people I don't know that don't know me and want to bomb me for ideas I have.

OUT!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry you feel bad because of the flames of others. Some people like to figure things out for themselves and change things and that is admirable. Spending money is not the only way to enjoy your car. I hope you change your mind and continue to contribute.

Thanks for all the work so far.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
It makes me wonder why turn signals on the mirrors don't generate as much interest as the tilt down mirrors.

If you think about it, if a driver is in the next lane from you and he is past your rear lights, he can't see you with your turn signal on, giving him a warning that you may be changing into his lane, since the corner lights don't blink unless you mod it.
Do you expect people to move out of your way? How about look over to see if someone is there first

Old 06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Keep me posted UKY I'm very interested in this

Old 06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
SGT
Originally Posted by KuRuPT
Keep me posted UKY I'm very interested in this
Me too, G35UKY, you're doing a great job and it seems like you're so close to making this happen. Don't give up!

Old 06-23-2005, 12:45 PM
someone already posted this problem, but i was wondering if anyone thought of the solution?

since this is a jdm part, the left mirror will be the one that tilts down, which is the passenger side in japan. in the us, the left mirror is the driver's side. if the left window is the only one that tilts, it wont be of much use...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors