Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by escobar929
sounds reasonable...although after reading so many pages i'm still confused on what to get for the mirror to tilt down, is just the parking supprt system or do i need a new mirror also???
For the mirror tilt down only, just buy the parking support system. The tilit down will work with mirror adjustment motor already in the outside mirrors.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by haze
G35UKY, I, here, appreciates your time and effort. I'm another guy in Canada that will definitely be interested in this mod.

Just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if it is an option on the 06' model?

Dude, that would make this whole process a lot easier for all of use trying to add it to a '03~'05 model because the parts department would be able to look up the info on it. They cannot get info on anything other than the parts that are available for the US or whatever country you are in.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, what affect would this have on the heated mirrors?

Old 06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
G35UKY, thank you for all of your time and in put on this mod research. I'm very interested in the parking support system and just waiting to hear more about the install instructions. Thanks again.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 PM
In the mean time can your guy ship us some of those SICCCKK JDM ALARM (WARNING) WINDOW STICKERS? =)

Old 06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by dennis_said
In the mean time can your guy ship us some of those SICCCKK JDM ALARM (WARNING) WINDOW STICKERS? =)
Honestly, I do not want to confuse him and get too many things going at one time. It's already like pulling teeth just to get a few part numbers and pricing when he has this information right at his fingertips. It might be easier and cheaper to just take the pictures of the sticker to local shop to get them to make them for you using Photoshop or something.

I am getting closer, though, for all those that want to reverse tilt down AND the power fold-in. I hope to get the exact details and cost of the power fold-in parts tomorrow if Yoshi san responds as usual.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35UKY
I am getting closer, though, for all those that want to reverse tilt down AND the power fold-in. I hope to get the exact details and cost of the power fold-in parts tomorrow if Yoshi san responds as usual.
That's good to hear, because that's what I want...both the tilt down AND fold-in.

Thanks again for getting all this info together for us!

Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For the mirror tilt down only, just buy the parking support system. The tilit down will work with mirror adjustment motor already in the outside mirrors.
cool, thanks for taking ur time and answering every1's questions

Old 07-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
That's good to hear, because that's what I want...both the tilt down AND fold-in.

Thanks again for getting all this info together for us!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg, Yoshi san is still having a hard time figuring the parts out. For some reason, he can only find a part number for the motor that controls the fold-in so either the ECU that controls the reverse tilt down controls the fold-in feature too, and the motor can be mounted to the inside of the mirror without a mounting bracket, or Yoshi san is missing something and doesn't know what he's doing.

I might take the glass out of my mirror this weekend if I have time to see if it looks like a motor can be mounted inside there with any brackets. Then, if the ECU that controls reverse tilt down controls the fold-in too, I will just order the parts and see if I can get it installed. I should probably go get a parts schematic and list of the parts associated with the mirror on our USDM version from the local dealer. I'll try to get over there to do that too, but this weekend is going to be a little bit busy for me.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Here is the mirror part from the service manual (2004) in case it helps.

And btw, about the fold-in function, do the japanese cars have larger/lengthier mirrors? I checked mine and the current fold-in (manual) is minimal, I don't think it's worth it to even fold it, looks like you will only save a couple inches on each side, compare my last few cars where the entire mirror folds in (the glass is parallel to the window)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mirrors.pdf (63.5 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by MattAu; 07-04-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by MattAu
Here is the mirror part from the service manual (2004) in case it helps.

And btw, about the fold-in function, do the japanese cars have larger/lengthier mirrors? I checked mine and the current fold-in (manual) is minimal, I don't think it's worth it to even fold it, looks like you will only save a couple inches on each side, compare my last few cars where the entire mirror folds in (the glass is parallel to the window)
MattAu, thanks for the mirror service manual excerpt. I heard from Yoshi san again, and he said that there is only a fold-in motor. He thinks that the motor might mount to the bracket that holds the actual mirror glass.

Did you find that service manual info on the internet or did you buy it? If I could get the JDM version and compare the two, that would be very helpful because I could see what is included with the fold in function. Yoshi san says there isn't even a switch to fold them in or out so I don't understand how you would operate the fold in unless it's automatic every time you shut the car off.

I am leaning towards just the reverse tilt down too since that is what I really wanted, but the fold-in would be nice too since my garage is a little bit small.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Yoshi san says there isn't even a switch to fold them in or out so I don't understand how you would operate the fold in unless it's automatic every time you shut the car off.

FWIW, I believe that's how it operates on the Lexus LS430 here in the US... mirrors fold in when you kill the ignition, and they fold out once the car's running again.

See one at your friendly local gas station....

Old 07-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by woshiagni
FWIW, I believe that's how it operates on the Lexus LS430 here in the US... mirrors fold in when you kill the ignition, and they fold out once the car's running again.

See one at your friendly local gas station....
Hell, if that's the case, I guess that's why they fold in when the lock button is pushed in the car or on the key fob! If I can figure out how to mount the motors in our housings (meaning, JDM mirror or something needed), I'll get that too and tell inform everyone here how it works. I hope I can get this resolved soon because it will probably take 8~12 weeks to get the parts from Japan.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Hell, if that's the case, I guess that's why they fold in when the lock button is pushed in the car or on the key fob! If I can figure out how to mount the motors in our housings (meaning, JDM mirror or something needed), I'll get that too and tell inform everyone here how it works. I hope I can get this resolved soon because it will probably take 8~12 weeks to get the parts from Japan.
There is a switch that is added to control the fold-in, but it may not be needed really if you get the parking support system.

Attached Thumbnails Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors-fold-switch.jpg  
Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all your effort UK, and I look forward to seeing the results. Either way I will be happy with just the Tilt Down Mirrors if nothing else

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors