Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weaksauce
someone already posted this problem, but i was wondering if anyone thought of the solution?

since this is a jdm part, the left mirror will be the one that tilts down, which is the passenger side in japan. in the us, the left mirror is the driver's side. if the left window is the only one that tilts, it wont be of much use...
Good question but if you look at the pics on the top of page 2 of the thread it looks like the right side mirror is the one that tilts down which would be the correct side we need.

Old 06-24-2005, 03:03 AM
Where can we get those JDM ALARM STICKERS?

Old 06-24-2005, 09:20 AM
BOTH left and right mirrors tilt down.

G35UKY, good luck!

Originally Posted by weaksauce
someone already posted this problem, but i was wondering if anyone thought of the solution?

since this is a jdm part, the left mirror will be the one that tilts down, which is the passenger side in japan. in the us, the left mirror is the driver's side. if the left window is the only one that tilts, it wont be of much use...

Old 06-24-2005, 12:58 PM
UK don't let the flames of some detour you my friend as you should be stronger then that. Are you going to let the comments of various people around the U.S. stop you from helping others, and contributing to the site? IMO that isn't a very good reason my friend. I think your doing a great job on these mirrors and others have made similar comments as well so I hope you see this through. Have a good day

Last edited by KuRuPT; 06-24-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:11 PM
G35UKY don't let what others say bring you down! Keep the faith! we all have faith in you!

Old 06-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Goku35
G35UKY don't let what others say bring you down! Keep the faith! we all have faith in you!
I will keep going. I just don't understand why people commit on stuff if they don't have any useful to contribute besides, "If you can afford a $40K car, you can afford an $80 [part]." The only responses should be "tell me how you did it" or "how much different did it sound?" Responses like the ones I got are the reason I don't like to post or reply to much. It's not worth it most times with the exception of this thread.

Everyone, please remember what your mother's taught you: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Very good rules to live by for forums IMHO.

Now, on to the latest, I am having trouble trying to get Yoshi san to look up the parts needed to add the fold-in mirror feature to the US car. The fold-in feature is standard on all JDM models, and the parking support system adds the fucntion that folds them in automatically when the lock button is depressed. He did give me the price for entire outside mirror assembly, though, $280.50 X2, OUCH!

Old 06-24-2005, 04:45 PM
First of all G35UKY, I too applaude your hard work here. Anyway, am I correct in that the $280 is per mirror and includes only the tilt down feature? If we only wanted the right side mirror to tilt can we just install that one for $280? Do we have to get both? $280 is pretty steep just to have that option though....

Old 06-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by hayaku
First of all G35UKY, I too applaude your hard work here. Anyway, am I correct in that the $280 is per mirror and includes only the tilt down feature? If we only wanted the right side mirror to tilt can we just install that one for $280? Do we have to get both? $280 is pretty steep just to have that option though....
The $280.50 is for one complete outside mirror and does not include the control box, harness, and switch needed for the tilt down. If you only care about the tilt down, it will cost $356.21 plus shipping as I posted before. I am trying get both the tilt down and auto fold-in features and am trying to nail down the parts needed to add the fold-in feature to our mirrors.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm down for a group buy

Old 06-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the hard work UK and I am also down for this when we get all the info. Thanks again man

Old 06-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by escobar929
i'm down for a group buy
I asked about a group buy, and Yoshi san said that he cannot entertain a group buy. I am not really sure why. Maybe it's because he is supposedly only making 5% on these parts anyway.

Here's a summary of all the info I have so far:
$316.21 + S/H -- parking support system (auto tilt down, auto fold-in but fold in motor & control module not included, basic alarm)
$226.02 + S/H -- remote entry lights
$280.50 + S/H -- ONE complete outside mirror assy (includes housing, glass, motors, etc.; but does not include control modules and harnesses)
$???.?? + S/H -- outside mirror fold-in feature (I am still checking on the part cost to add this so that the auto fold-in will work when the lock/unlock button is depressed on the remote.)

Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

He can't do a group buy because of customs and his time, since a group buy would constitute a discount. If he could just ship over all the parts at one time in one shipment a groupbuy would be possible, but since he's shipping these over here as a "gift" individually for each customer to save from paying excess customs taxes then that idea of a groupbuy doesn't really work anymore....

but great work in getting all that information, people like you that contribute to this forum is what keeps alot of us coming to g35driver.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
^^^^^ Agree with the above post. However, maybe there is somebody else who can get these parts besides Yoshi. Either way I will get it once UK gets it and puts it on. My main concern is getting the right parts for the job and how hard it will be to install. Once I'm comfortable with that then it's a go for me

Old 06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds reasonable...although after reading so many pages i'm still confused on what to get for the mirror to tilt down, is just the parking supprt system or do i need a new mirror also???

Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
G35UKY, I, here, appreciates your time and effort. I'm another guy in Canada that will definitely be interested in this mod.

Just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if it is an option on the 06' model?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors