Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seibon Ts Hood Warning!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a big difference in water leaking in cracks around the hood and getting on nonessential components, and between having gallons of water dropped on top of the motor. id like to have one but no thanks.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
After my G came back from infiniti service due to this issue,
they say nothing is wrong????
Weird..........

Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Found the problem, my issue may not be the hood but the on going problem with the 6MT and intake mods. (Due to load off the engine when taking it out of gear or pushing the clutch until the RPM fall down to idle.)

Take a look: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/66719-05-6mt-dies.html

Another thread:https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=engine+shut

Old 10-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Huh.... That's VERY weird, almost too weird...
I could see that happening in othere conditions (one being FI), but on a NA "pretty much stock" G??? I have my doub'ts...

And the heat shield fixed the issue??? I don't know about that. If you ask me, it may have simply been a vac / intake leak somewhere, and when installing the heat shield, he or she may have sealed everything back up (no leak) hence the stalling (engine shutting out) problem went away. Another culprit is the MASS air sensor, any damage to that due to water getting to it, or even filter oil (yes your K&N has oil on it, and there have been issues with overly charged (loads of oil) K&N filter's burning out MASS air sensors), could also be blamed.

The fix being a heat shield, really doesnt make too much sense. By blocking the on coming air, do you really think you're stopping any "turbulant air"? Heck if anything, the shield probably makes more turbulance, to the fact that the air has to travel around it and then into the air filter (causing a whirlpool type of effect). Second, the location of the Injen air filter (boxed in where it sits), air is being bounced from all angles, there's a LOT of air activity around the air filter, plus the vac from the engine itself sucking up. Heat shield or not, you have loads of air turbulance.

The only reason I would put a heat shield on a CAI setup is to protect the air filter from direct road debris that would hit it with everyday driving. Rain, snow, sleet and stuff like that make CAI a real paid, because it needs constant up keep, whereas one inside your hood would require much less...

Once again, I'm leaning more twd human error in this one, in that maybe the installer didnt tighten something up, or forgot a vac line, which is often the major reasons why engines stall, or have idling issues.

Also, like I had mentioned... The air filters used in most CAI setups these days are OILED! If even the slightest bit of that oil hits your MASS sensor, you will get a shut down condition, and it may just happen once...

Something more to think about....

Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
just curious...but how easy would it be to permanently cover the holes on the TS Seibon hood?

Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by kaigenx
just curious...but how easy would it be to permanently cover the holes on the TS Seibon hood?
Don't know, but wouldn't it be better if Seibon created a removable rain guard tray (plastic) for all vented hoods in order to drain out the rain. Cause who would need any venting when its raining. Ether Siebon just don't give a *** or they don't see it being a potential problem But then why Top secrete provides this removable rain guard tray

Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JUAN
Don't know, but wouldn't it be better if Seibon created a removable rain guard tray (plastic) for all vented hoods in order to drain out the rain. Cause who would need any venting when its raining. Ether Siebon just don't give a *** or they don't see it being a potential problem But then why Top secrete provides this removable rain guard tray
lol, had to revive this thread just for this reply..trust me, it gave me a pretty good chuckle..

anyway. Im in the process of custom fabbing a rain guard. I'll share my secrete when im done with it. lol

Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Revival....I've found some threads I've been looking for, but curious, does anyone have any pics or updates on rain guards they've fabbed themselves?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Flood136
Revival....I've found some threads I've been looking for, but curious, does anyone have any pics or updates on rain guards they've fabbed themselves?
not same hood, but would be same process.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...s-ts-hood.html

Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Didn't read the whole thread but the only downside to the vents are

Loss in aerodynamics
Dirtier engine bay
More wear and tear on the rubber components

A trick we use is to put a large trash bag to in the engine bay and close to the hood when washing it.. this will prevent water from getting in and dirtying your engine bay.. just remember to take out the trashbag before driving (this is for the clean engine bay guys lol).

Another thing people do is double mesh over the vents so its harder for people to look into your hood and know what valuable mods you have.

But in short no you wont have any electrical issues or anything running a vented hood without rain guards.