Notices

Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Dash Kit

I am looking to replace my crappy painted aluminum dash kit with carbon fiber but I have a few questions. Has anyone else done this and how did it come out? Flat or molded? Do they make a kit that will include the door handles, locks and handle on the door?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I installed a dash kit in my sedan and it turned out awesome. It was a wood grain dash kit and not a carbon fiber dash kit, but the installation would be no different.

I installed a flat dash kit and got it from http://www.sherwooddash.com/ They have a carbon fiber dash kit available for our Gs. You can check the schematics on their website to see all the pieces that are included.

Good luck

Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I am looking to replace my crappy painted aluminum dash kit with carbon fiber but I have a few questions. Has anyone else done this and how did it come out? Flat or molded? Do they make a kit that will include the door handles, locks and handle on the door?
I have a 2004 Coupe and installed a Burtmann Industries carbon fiber dash kit including the overhead piece. ( see Burtmann site) The kit does not include the door handles or locks or the handle on the door. I removed the handle on the door and had my paint shop do them in black to match my interior. I also did the GPS button release in black. The kit is awesome and looks great. They do make a quality kit as oppossed to some of the junk you see on EBay.

1sweetG

Old 12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
THE BATMOBILE
pics???

Old 12-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a stick on carbon fiber dash as well. Sorry for the funny angles, I was contemplating whether to get the AVIC-D1 at to time (which I am) and trying to figure out whether it would hit my shifter when fully opened.

The thing about my dash is that it's black (non-premium) instead of the typical aluminum painted dash. I think the carbon fiber blends in a little better. Of course I'll lose it with the double din kit since nobody makes carbon fiber pieces for the DD kit.

Attached Thumbnails Dash Kit-radio-001-large-.jpg   Dash Kit-radio-003-large-.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by firefox
I have a stick on carbon fiber dash as well. Sorry for the funny angles, I was contemplating whether to get the AVIC-D1 at to time (which I am) and trying to figure out whether it would hit my shifter when fully opened.

The thing about my dash is that it's black (non-premium) instead of the typical aluminum painted dash. I think the carbon fiber blends in a little better. Of course I'll lose it with the double din kit since nobody makes carbon fiber pieces for the DD kit.
When you say "stick on" you mean it is not the actual replacement pieces but more like tape?

Old 12-28-2005, 08:02 PM
When you say "stick on" you mean it is not the actual replacement pieces but more like tape?
Stick on dash kits have 3M tape on the backing. I had a cf kit on my 98 accord for 5-6 years and it held up till the end. I think woodtrim.com has molded pieces.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Second the recommendation for woodtrim.com

I purchased a dashkit for my '95 Maxima, years ago. Quality pieces since they used "real" wood.

I've heard great things about their carbon fiber and brushed aluminum kits too. I'm probably going to pick-up one of the kits for my '04 Coupe when I get the approval from my "loan officer" (wife).

Joshua Woodtrim I think is the company name. I would even call them to talk to someone. They're pretty open about "what looks good" on specific cars.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Correct, not replacements. Real carbon fiber with 3M foam tape on the back. This is also not the carbon fiber vinyl that I have seen on ebay.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 AM
THE BATMOBILE
looks pretty good

Old 12-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by firefox
Correct, not replacements. Real carbon fiber with 3M foam tape on the back. This is also not the carbon fiber vinyl that I have seen on ebay.
So did the tape come already cut to fit all the pieces? If not, how come you did not do the door handles as well?

Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 PM
The 3M foam tape was already on the dash kit. It's cut into the same shape as the dash. You just peel off the backing and stick it on.

Honestly, when I first put it on, it didn't look quite right. But after a while it grew on me. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go with real aluminum or something.

This particular kit did not have any pieces for the door handles.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Do they make a kit that is not tape but actual replacements that look like carbon fiber?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they make a kit that is not tape but actual replacements that look like carbon fiber?
carbon fiber OEM replacement would have to be custom, which would cost $$$$

Old 01-02-2006, 04:46 PM
well if anyone would like to sell their silver dash i will buy it from you. As long as it is in good condition i would love to buy it. Just PM me with a price and how i should do the payment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dash Kit