Notices

DON"T BUY FROM V-LEDS.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON"T BUY FROM V-LEDS.com

last week I was planning on doing a custom set of headlights and needed some supplies. At the suggestion of a fellow member here I went to v-leds.com and placed a $277.00 order for LEDs and some HIDs

I received a tracking number maybe 30min after placing the order and paying for it. So far I'm impressed. I check the tracking number and UPS says I'd receive it tomorrow 4/3 which for me was perfect so I'd have the stuff for the weekend.

Wednesday morning I get an email at like 6am from v-leds.com telling me that some of my items are on backorder FOR SEVERAL WEEKS and my order hasn't shipped yet. Why on earth does it take 4 days for someone to notice they don't have an item in stock and contact the customer?!

I email back that the rest of the order should be shipped and that i was expecting the order for Friday so I'm highly disappointed in the way the situation is unfolding

I got an email this morning at 5am basically telling me that the majority of the system is automated and pretty much it is what it is and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Upon further review of their website they have no phone number listed or address information. Going to the link for "contact us" takes you to an email form and nothing else

Considering this is my first dealings with v-leds.com their operation is horrendous and has totally messed up a timeframe I was working with for a set of headlights for a customer of mine. The lack of concern or caring from v-leds.com in this matter has totally pissed me off and I suggest that you avoid having the same experience with them I've had to endure.

Hopefully I've saved someone some future headache here.

I have screenshots of the UPS tracking info and the order receipt I got from them as well as the emails if you guys want further info regarding this matter

Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
i hate when that happens!!!
so did you ask for a refund? or are you going to wait a few weeks for your items

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think they are not that good, they sent me map light bulbs that were different size's, one fit and the other one didnt, it cost 7 bucks to ship when it should be like 2 bucks. not impressed by vleds. anyways good luck bro.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
i was impressed. The lights are really nice. I've had em in my car for a few weeks now. The lights are way better than the ones on ebay by far!!! I know its a lil expensive but hopefully they will last. As far as getting charged. I talked to a website. They have that shopping cart thing, it automatically charges you, it is automated. But that sucks azz, they didn't call you, but you will be impressed with the bulbs.!!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
thats SOP for almost every online shop now. I ordered coilovers froma very prominent vendor on here. weeks go by with no tracking # and come to find out they are backordered for almost 2 months. Had I not asked, I would have never found out. That is such BS with online inventory etc.

not much you can do though

Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
i hate when that happens!!!
so did you ask for a refund? or are you going to wait a few weeks for your items
didn't waste anytime this morning asking for a full refund for the inconvenience and headache they've caused. Guess I have to wait for their 5am email reply to see what their response it going to be. I'll keep everyone posted

Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned
the problem this poses for me is when you guys as customers come to me and ask me to do custom headlights for you and I quote you a timeframe for having them done and shipped back and BS like this happens. I look like an idiot for promising a timeframe that ends up being screwed up by people running an operation like this.

It would get awful frustrating for you if you place an order with me and send me your headlights to work on and tell me I have a couple days while your car is getting painted or whatever. I tell you its fine I can have it done in the timeframe you give me and then this happens... or worse yet... you have a show coming up over the weekend and planned on debuting your new lights at the show!

I have a quality customer service reputation to uphold and do everything I can to deliver what i promise when I promise it and granted unforseen issues can and do happen but so far I've been able to avoid those like the plague... apparently until now

Old 04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
yea, online vendors FTL some times.

this past christmas i was ordering a gift for a close friend and i placed the order over 24 hours BEFORE the deadline that you needed to order by in order to GUARANTEE delivery by christmas. i EVEN chose their 2-day shipping option!

End result? I somehow did not get the package until 2009!!! And they would NOT give me any refund at all, unless I sent the item back. ALL they did was refund my shipping, which wasn't much money at all because it was the "special" they were running at the time... some "special".... anyways, GOOD LUCK getting some of your money back but don't count on it!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At $277 they should be your best friend after that order. I highly doubt theyt get orders that big a lot. Its a shame bro that places run on such bad customer service and are making a good amount of money off it. Ive heard nothing but good things about your headlight and they always look good. I hope this all gets resolved soon so you can go back to making nice headlights. G/L with dealing with a bunch of idiots bro.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by keff108
At $277 they should be your best friend after that order. I highly doubt theyt get orders that big a lot. Its a shame bro that places run on such bad customer service and are making a good amount of money off it. Ive heard nothing but good things about your headlight and they always look good. I hope this all gets resolved soon so you can go back to making nice headlights. G/L with dealing with a bunch of idiots bro.
yeah you'd think with a purchase that big from a LED store they'd make sure it went smoothly. Instead they lost the entire order from me. I sent an email this morning requesting a full refund and as of 20min ago I got an email reply telling me they refunded the money to my card. Its just sad that the only time I got a fast reply to an email was me asking for my money back. So far thats the only thing they were able to do right.

I'll go back to using one of my other sources for LEDs and HIDs that has always given me the best customer service

Old 04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
i ordered all my leds from them.. i never had any problems, sucks u had to go thru this man

Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
damn, that sucks, orderedf rom them never had any problems!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
^^troubles with the spacer bar there?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
dam i was just about to get all my car LED's from them, I hope u get ur monety back

Old 04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
^^troubles with the spacer bar there?
domo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DON"T BUY FROM V-LEDS.com