Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....

So I've been a fan of always being original, I like unique things and wanted to change my sedan up. I finished the cowl hood for my car but wanted to step it up a notch, so I'm adding some extractor vents. I'll also let you know clearance issues since I'm also installing a stillen stage 3 kit while I'm at it. With the front being aggressive I wanted to change up the rear so I molded the deck lid, and now I'm attempting a vent in the quarter panel, then a rear lip but we will see how it goes.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Here are a few pics of the progress....

Attached Thumbnails Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-09.41.29.jpg   Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-09.43.12.jpg   Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-09.43.46.jpg   Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-09.44.44.jpg   Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-09.45.34.jpg  

Old 01-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Hello there stollen top mount.

Subbed. B

Old 01-13-2015, 01:01 PM
The stillen kit will be finished this week, I'm trying to get the heat exchanger to fit behind the front grille. With the nismo front bumper I'm hesitant to put it down where it belongs, I don't want to cut the side air dams.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM
It looks rough now but I have a vision to pull it all together and have a very unique sedan.

Attached Thumbnails Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-10.59.15.jpg  
Old 01-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
There are so many sedans that do all this super custom stuff. C'mon coupes.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
There are so many sedans that do all this super custom stuff. C'mon coupes.
Because sedans have few options. Coupes can get this stuff off the shelf.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Yeah the coupes do have more options, but I plan to build one very soon. I need opinions on the hood though, they have a single vent option on the exact car I got the hood off of, so should I add the middle vent or just leave it as is? I don't want to go over the top but also want it to be kinda wild because the sedans are very civil looking in my opinion, I want a very aggressive look. Im still debating the front fenders too, stay oem or go custom also. So what do you think? Also having issues deciding to put the heat exchanger in the grille or down low out of sight.... choices choices.

Attached Thumbnails Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-20.37.17.jpg  
Old 01-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Because sedans have few options. Coupes can get this stuff off the shelf.
Sooort of. I mean I get what you're saying, but the sedans are always doing cool stuff that aren't options for a coupe. The cowl induction hood for instance. That would look incredible on a coupe. Wouldn't be functional, but it would look mean.

This thread is the second sedan I've seen doing a cowl hood. Awesome.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:20 AM
Sooort of. I mean I get what you're saying, but the sedans are always doing cool stuff that aren't options for a coupe. The cowl induction hood for instance. That would look incredible on a coupe. Wouldn't be functional, but it would look mean.

Who has the other one? ? I'd love to see it. I made this one awhile back and now I'm just adding the vents to it. Cowl hoods are meant to draw air in the high pressure zone, but I tried to do mine as functional as possible. My factory hood is cut out to clear the stillen supercharger which in theory let's air out, on cold mornings I get all the steam on my windshield from heat exiting the engine bay. That's enough of a function to me lol. I'm in the process of fixing a coupe after this. I'm thinking doing a similar build but still can't decide.

Attached Thumbnails Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....-2015-01-13-23.18.29.jpg  
Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by 1GSDN
Yeah the coupes do have more options, but I plan to build one very soon. I need opinions on the hood though, they have a single vent option on the exact car I got the hood off of, so should I add the middle vent or just leave it as is? I don't want to go over the top but also want it to be kinda wild because the sedans are very civil looking in my opinion, I want a very aggressive look. Im still debating the front fenders too, stay oem or go custom also. So what do you think? Also having issues deciding to put the heat exchanger in the grille or down low out of sight.... choices choices.
I think it good the way it is. I was wondering if that was what the cowl was for lol.

you sure it wasn't the same guy? he has two threads about it now.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=thegreatkwijibo;6967791]I think it good the way it is. I was wondering if that was what the cowl was for lol.

It originally started out because I had a wrecked camaro
at the shop and I thought it would look badass but now it actually came in handy after I picked up the blower. And thank you for the opinion I want to keep it on that fine line where it's crazy and it catches attention for being unique but want to stay away from the ricer look.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Cowl hoods were originally to feed more air to the carbs from the rear of the hood, but I suppose they would keep heat from building up too.

I'll try to find the other sedan, but I forget the thread name. He was from Texas and literally cut the cowl pop up from a new camaro hood, cut an equal portion out of his G hood and welded the scoop in place. It looked great.

Edit: damnit, it was you, fool. Haha why didn't you just continue this on your old thread?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by 1GSDN
Who has the other one? ? I'd love to see it.
I posted pictures of it in your other thread on this topic:
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...ood-ideas.html

Originally Posted by bigc
Looks nice!

Reminds me of OCG35 / Mike's sedan:

Build thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...c-surgery.html

Old 01-15-2015, 12:16 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
there actually is two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heat extractor cowl hood in progress, custom quarter vents in progress....