My greddy twin turbo awd g35x build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by drifterxG
No crash bar yet. Will most likely go back to my fabricator for that, because now I'm running around with no aluminum bumper. Gotta protect my investment...TT'd motor lol
Got my motor in. I'm probably going to cut up my crash bar to fit the IC I bought. An alternative to modifying your engine mounts would be what I did. Sawzaw those bitches. I taped up my turbos and went to town. They are definitely still sturdy and won't fail but now they allow me to hook up my intake pipes from the kit . You're not driving, right? You said running around... I thought this was off the road for a bit.

Do you happen to have any pictures or docs to help me sort out this IC and charge piping? I hate the guess work.

If they're having that much trouble fabbing charge pipes for you (going off what you said on my thread) I would consider doing the swap to 6 speed. It will make it a different car in a good way and will make things way easier. The winter is coming for me. 9-10 weeks till snow... You don't have that issue. LUCKY!

Old 09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Got my motor in. I'm probably going to cut up my crash bar to fit the IC I bought. An alternative to modifying your engine mounts would be what I did. Sawzaw those bitches. I taped up my turbos and went to town. They are definitely still sturdy and won't fail but now they allow me to hook up my intake pipes from the kit . You're not driving, right? You said running around... I thought this was off the road for a bit.

Do you happen to have any pictures or docs to help me sort out this IC and charge piping? I hate the guess work.

If they're having that much trouble fabbing charge pipes for you (going off what you said on my thread) I would consider doing the swap to 6 speed. It will make it a different car in a good way and will make things way easier. The winter is coming for me. 9-10 weeks till snow... You don't have that issue. LUCKY!
How many teeth did you break on that sawzaw? lol
I would have loved to convert mine to a 6spd. I'll save that for another day and hopefully I can come back to you to borrow that sawzaw :P

Good news for me is that my car is done. All custom piping finished. Now to get a base Osiris tune this weekend. I took video from underneath my car, but I don't think it'll do you any good. I'll post pics that I found of the Greddy TT mocked up:

Old 09-01-2015, 11:37 AM
How many teeth did you break on that sawzaw? lol
I would have loved to convert mine to a 6spd. I'll save that for another day and hopefully I can come back to you to borrow that sawzaw :P

Good news for me is that my car is done. All custom piping finished. Now to get a base Osiris tune this weekend. I took video from underneath my car, but I don't think it'll do you any good. I'll post pics that I found of the Greddy TT mocked up:

No teeth lol, I used a metal blade and it was only $2 at home depot. Cut the aluminum like butter, 10 min job. I decided to take the hack route instead of milling the aluminum out of the way on a bridgeport since you can't see it anyway.

Those pics are a HUGE help. I looked and looked and couldn't find any of this kit. Only the HR kit. Thanks for that!

That's great that your car is done. Pics!!

Please 1/4 mile this thing when you're all tuned up and take lots of videos on the dyno. Just a few X TT's are out there.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:53 AM
No teeth lol, I used a metal blade and it was only $2 at home depot. Cut the aluminum like butter, 10 min job. I decided to take the hack route instead of milling the aluminum out of the way on a bridgeport since you can't see it anyway.

Those pics are a HUGE help. I looked and looked and couldn't find any of this kit. Only the HR kit. Thanks for that!

That's great that your car is done. Pics!!

Please 1/4 mile this thing when you're all tuned up and take lots of videos on the dyno. Just a few X TT's are out there.
haha..nice. I know it'll come out legendary. (if people still use that word)

I'll take pics and video for sure this weekend. I think my 'perfectionist syndrome' kicked in when I noticed I need a wire tuck real bad before it can be shown. At this point, I just want to enjoy the fact I can drive it finally. Only major future tinkering plans are with the fuel system/lines and upgrade plenum. #G35XPOWER

Old 09-01-2015, 01:52 PM
haha..nice. I know it'll come out legendary. (if people still use that word)

I'll take pics and video for sure this weekend. I think my 'perfectionist syndrome' kicked in when I noticed I need a wire tuck real bad before it can be shown. At this point, I just want to enjoy the fact I can drive it finally. Only major future tinkering plans are with the fuel system/lines and upgrade plenum. #G35XPOWER
I'm right there with you on the wire tuck thing. Mine is disgusting on the engine side. It sucked a little pulling/extending (just one or two) through the fenders, be prepared.

If my DIY RFS works out I can help you out there to save $. Pretty confident I won't have any issues. I still have the drawings and will record what I buy for fittings/tubing.

Do you have any of the Greddy pipes you weren't able to utilize? I may have a use for them over here.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm right there with you on the wire tuck thing. Mine is disgusting on the engine side. It sucked a little pulling/extending (just one or two) through the fenders, be prepared.

If my DIY RFS works out I can help you out there to save $. Pretty confident I won't have any issues. I still have the drawings and will record what I buy for fittings/tubing.

Do you have any of the Greddy pipes you weren't able to utilize? I may have a use for them over here.
I delayed on the wire tuck on purpose too...to make sure the motor runs right first.
My friend might be able to help me. I'm just rushing before the GTG VII meet here in SoCal (G350/350z show).

I do have a few pipes. I'll be at the shop tomorrow to see which ones. I know they were able to use most of the kit. Hopefully not all of my pipes were hacked. I'll let you know.

Yosip, are you getting a tune right after your build? Debating if I should even try to drive it around without a tune til this weekend.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:00 AM
I delayed on the wire tuck on purpose too...to make sure the motor runs right first.
My friend might be able to help me. I'm just rushing before the GTG VII meet here in SoCal (G350/350z show).

I do have a few pipes. I'll be at the shop tomorrow to see which ones. I know they were able to use most of the kit. Hopefully not all of my pipes were hacked. I'll let you know.

Yosip, are you getting a tune right after your build? Debating if I should even try to drive it around without a tune til this weekend.
Good thinking with the harness, I chose to wrap it while it was easy then use the FSM to verify colors for the plugs. Everything else is idiot proof...

Sounds great about the pipes, let me know what you have and I will get back to you after this weekend so we can make a deal. I have a feeling I'm missing a few pipes that they wouldn't be able to use on your car.

As for a tune, hell, I'm not even going to idle it without flashing a base map for the injectors and MAF. I contacted R/T tuning and they are going to set me up with an uprev cable and a base map after I list all of my mods to them, $250. I'll have to drive it 3.5 hours to them so I need a base map. Reason I'm not towing it there is because I need to put it through its paces before they dyno it and blow something 3.5 hours away from home

If you need to start it, swap the MAF and injectors to OEM and for the love of god stay off boost. You'll be fine driving like that, that's a quote from RT. I'd go that route, but they wouldn't let me swap injectors in their lot so I would have had to drive it a few hundred yards without a tune and I wouldn't be able to test the boost controller, waste-gates etc.

They agreed to make me a safe base map that would allow me to just creep into boost because this is my first go-around at it.

to questions like that. The end is near...

Old 09-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Here's a video update/peek for you guys:

The following users liked this post:
yosip1115 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 01:55 PM
What's left? Everything go well?

Old 09-04-2015, 02:06 PM
What's left? Everything go well?
Minor stuff left now: Fix scratches shops gave me, put on AG wheel (replaced inner barrel), Osiris tune, install Apex'i boost controller, turbo timer, Greddy gauges, and wire tuck.

When I have more time: install mishimoto hoses, remove unnecessary coolant hoses and cooler, remove EVAP can for my dual quad-tip exhaust, upgrade fuel lines + rails, repaint engine bay, and work on interior slowly. :P

Just want to drive and enjoy now.

Last edited by drifterxG; 09-04-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Minor stuff left now: Fix scratches shops gave me, put on AG wheel (replaced inner barrel), Osiris tune, install Apex'i boost controller, turbo timer, Greddy gauges, and wire tuck.

When I have more time: remove unnecessary coolant hoses and cooler, remove EVAP can for my dual quad-tip exhaust, upgrade fuel lines + rails, repaint engine bay, and work on interior slowly. :P

Just want to drive and enjoy now.
No tune?? You cray

Old 09-04-2015, 02:37 PM
No tune?? You cray
lol..it's getting tuned tomorrow morning hopefully. Seems like all of the tuners skipped town this week. The video was just to test for leaks etc.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:52 PM
lol..it's getting tuned tomorrow morning hopefully. Seems like all of the tuners skipped town this week. The video was just to test for leaks etc.
Did you do the OEM injector and MAF thing? I'd totally run mine like that but I used RTV on one of my plenum seal surfaces so I don't want to go in there. I don't think it would even idle properly with my 570's and the OEM MAF. Not sure.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Did you do the OEM injector and MAF thing? I'd totally run mine like that but I used RTV on one of my plenum seal surfaces so I don't want to go in there. I don't think it would even idle properly with my 570's and the OEM MAF. Not sure.
Nope, kept 600cc injectors, 320lph pump, and GT MAF in and fired it up with fresh gas. The trick is steadily pressing the gas pedal to keep revs up for idling...which is why I didn't just drive her home. Going to have to tow it to tuner.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Riceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My greddy twin turbo awd g35x build