Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
Yes sir! Fully loaded with both passengers and w/a trunk full of Costco!
Ahhh the ultimate test... the Costco run! Sweet.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now if I went with a 10in. wide wheel, it would've been a different story...
actually Hikos...if you got a 10" wheel with your current offsets and tire, the fitment result would have been the same. Except the tire would have a slight stretch look and of course your outer lip would look more agressive, which IMO looks great.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Yes sir! Fully loaded with both passengers and w/a trunk full of Costco!

As flush w/the fender that my wheels look, they go up and in when compressed(you can see this if you were to watch how the wheel moves when someone puts load on the car). It is but the tiniest fraction of a hairs worth of space between the wheel and fender but it DOES NOT rub AT ALL.

Now if I went with a 10in. wide wheel, it would've been a different story...
Sounds perfect, but do you wonder if you could have went with 10" wide on the back with 285 if you played around with the offset?

The wheels I am looking at are 3-piece as well so I am wondering.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Sounds perfect, but do you wonder if you could have went with 10" wide on the back with 285 if you played around with the offset?

The wheels I am looking at are 3-piece as well so I am wondering.
Yea, I definitely considered it but I'm not a big fan of stretching the sidewall of tires, as Chico mentioned is possible. However slight it may be. I don't think the extra 1/2in of lip would make up for the higher chance of curbing the lip.

I've seen many a deep dish rim with stretched tires pulled over them, leaving little or no protection of the rim. It ain't pretty when you compromise the structural rigidity of the 30 series sidewall. Its already minimal as it is IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your G w/those 3 piece wheels terry! Be the first to stuff 10 inchers in there!!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:36 PM

Yea, I definitely considered it but I'm not a big fan of stretching the sidewall of tires, as Chico mentioned is possible. However slight it may be. I don't think the extra 1/2in of lip would make up for the higher chance of curbing the lip.

I've seen many a deep dish rim with stretched tires pulled over them, leaving little or no protection of the rim. It ain't pretty when you compromise the structural rigidity of the 30 series sidewall. Its already minimal as it is IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your G w/those 3 piece wheels terry! Be the first to stuff 10 inchers in there!!
I don't think 285 on a 10" would be a stretch (I'm not into the stretch look either). I am more conerned about inboard clearance. I don't think there is anymore room outboard based on your configuration.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't think 285 on a 10" would be a stretch (I'm not into the stretch look either). I am more conerned about inboard clearance. I don't think there is anymore room outboard based on your configuration.
a 285 rear is a heck of a lot of rubber for a sedan, thats for sure. That's going into Vette and Viper rear tire size territory.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:15 PM

a 285 rear is a heck of a lot of rubber for a sedan, thats for sure. That's going into Vette and Viper rear tire size territory.
Can I assume you are saying there is no way a 285 on 10" will work?

Old 01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it is possible...it has been done before with the first gen G sedan and should fit better on the new '07 since the rear fenders flare out a little more and the inner lips are rolled. The tire I would use would be 285/25/20. Do some test fitting to be absolutely sure. If I get to it before you do, I'll let you know.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Chico
it is possible...it has been done before with the first gen G sedan and should fit better on the new '07 since the rear fenders flare out a little more and the inner lips are rolled. The tire I would use would be 285/25/20. Do some test fitting to be absolutely sure. If I get to it before you do, I'll let you know.
Nope, not saying it can't be done. Nothings impossible terry!

You may have to have them custom made to your specific offset if you're gonna squeeze in 10's on the rear(the coupes can fit 10's or 11's w/ no problem) but i'm sure its possible. I'm at my max tolerance limit with the 30 series tires on my 9.5 rears already so running a 25 series tire is out of the question for me. I like low pro tires but i like to have a LITTLE bit of sidewall and protection.

I can't wait to see who shoves a 10 on the G sedan first! Let the races begin!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey Hikos - that is one tite ride bro. Great to see the 808 state represented on here. The drop and rims makes the car look so aggressive. Now I am really digging the 07's.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:34 PM

Nope, not saying it can't be done. Nothings impossible terry!

You may have to have them custom made to your specific offset if you're gonna squeeze in 10's on the rear(the coupes can fit 10's or 11's w/ no problem) but i'm sure its possible. I'm at my max tolerance limit with the 30 series tires on my 9.5 rears already so running a 25 series tire is out of the question for me. I like low pro tires but i like to have a LITTLE bit of sidewall and protection.

I can't wait to see who shoves a 10 on the G sedan first! Let the races begin!
A wider tire with a lower aspect ratio should be very close to a narrower tire with a higher aspect ratio. I'm hoping to find a mix that will come out with a similar tire OD as yours and at the same time, use up more depth inboard. I'm still super early in the research phase so it's gonna be a while for me.

Work will make a custom application for me and they've probably done a bunch of Skylines in Japan by now. Back in the 80's, they made me four 16x8 wheels for my '82 Mustang GT when everyone else said it could not be done without tires sticking out. (yup ... I guess that makes me an old guy ).

Old 01-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by superkid94
Hey Hikos - that is one tite ride bro. Great to see the 808 state represented on here. The drop and rims makes the car look so aggressive. Now I am really digging the 07's.
Thanks superkid94 Representin' the best i can!

A wider tire with a lower aspect ratio should be very close to a narrower tire with a higher aspect ratio. I'm hoping to find a mix that will come out with a similar tire OD as yours and at the same time, use up more depth inboard. I'm still super early in the research phase so it's gonna be a while for me.

Work will make a custom application for me and they've probably done a bunch of Skylines in Japan by now. Back in the 80's, they made me four 16x8 wheels for my '82 Mustang GT when everyone else said it could not be done without tires sticking out. (yup ... I guess that makes me an old guy ).
Wow. WORK wheels, huh? I remember those! WORK and VOLK RACING wheels were all I used to run on my previous cars. This was before the whole JDM/Drift/Import craze hit big in the US. Nobody even knew what RAYS or WORK Equip wheels were at the time. Ahhh, the good ol days

As I said before, slapping in 10in wide wheels on this G sedan is gonna be trick terry! You're gonna have more than enough meat in the rear w/ those.

I'm tracking like crazy as it is w/ my measly 9.5in rears and 8.5 fronts. Can't imagine how crazy grippy the 10's are gonna be! Not to mention how deep they'll be. While you're at it, shove some 9in fronts as well. Its gonna look fat, wide and low!

Looking very forward to it bro!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Been playing with some photo effects. Still trying to master the nite shot so hopefully I can get some better reference shots to provide for this 07 w/wheels thread. C'mon guys! Can't wait to see some other G's on 20's here!

Enjoy!

Name:  DSCF0047800x600.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  DSC000281280x960wallpaper.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  DSC00016.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  62.7 KB

Last edited by Hikos_G; 07-09-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Hikos,
Apart from looking totally perfect and making this entire forum drool on its keyboards, how does that wheel/drop combination feel in terms of handling improvment?

Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Thumbs up

Been playing with some photo effects. Still trying to master the nite shot so hopefully I can get some better reference shots to provide for this 07 w/wheels thread. C'mon guys! Can't wait to see some other G's on 20's here!

Enjoy!

Holy s**t...I'm speechless . My car comes in on the 27th, but still needs to go through customs . Then hopefully I pick it up on the 30th or 31st. Dude I can't wait. These pictures just makes me more anxious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!