Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics of my grill. Yours better or worse???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK- Well, I just emailed the local dealership service manager about setting up an appt for an oil change and to fix the grill, among a few other things. Lets see what they say about replacing it, he looked at it last time I was in...

Sounds like the new ones are holding up a little better, lets HOPE!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
OK- Well, I just emailed the local dealership service manager about setting up an appt for an oil change and to fix the grill, among a few other things. Lets see what they say about replacing it, he looked at it last time I was in...

Sounds like the new ones are holding up a little better, lets HOPE!
Sean, I got my new grill installed yesterday and I forgot how goodit looks without the pits and chipping.
The bad news is they are the same. After the grill was installed I asked if it was the same grill and they said yes because it still has the same part number and if it was an improved model the part number would be slightly different to show it is the newer grill.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Sean, I got my new grill installed yesterday and I forgot how goodit looks without the pits and chipping.
The bad news is they are the same. After the grill was installed I asked if it was the same grill and they said yes because it still has the same part number and if it was an improved model the part number would be slightly different to show it is the newer grill.
that sucks. You dont think there is a chance they just started producing the newer better grill with the same part number to make sure they didnt take out the old flimsy one and order another of the same part number, and therefore maybe getting an old flimsy one?!?! haha... just trying to be optimistic. I haven't heard back from the dealership yet.... jerks.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
that sucks. You dont think there is a chance they just started producing the newer better grill with the same part number to make sure they didnt take out the old flimsy one and order another of the same part number, and therefore maybe getting an old flimsy one?!?! haha... just trying to be optimistic. I haven't heard back from the dealership yet.... jerks.
I wish you were right, but they seemed to think it was still the same, I told them if I don't clear bra it I will be back for Grill #3 in a few months

Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
AT LEAST THEy REPLACED IT. Its looking like they are not going to replace mine, I made it well know that I was going to be royally pissed if they didn't since thats the only reason I took it all the way to the dealership. I would have had the oil changed elsewhere if not for trying to get the grill replaced...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Just had third service done. They are ordering a new grill for us. They said the bad news is they can only do it once. We'll see, because if they are the same it will do it again and I will want it replaced!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, its official. They just called, I got the Heisman on the new grill. nada, nothing. bastards! The part that ticks me off is I scheduled a week out b/c they had to order the reqired grill and molding. So, I dropped my car off monday for Oil change, fix sunroof, new grill, fix molding on drivers door. I drive an hour each way to drop it off, and now to pick it up. They have changed the oil, and fixed the sunroof. Wont replace the grill and have ordered the molding, its supposedly on backorder. For my hassle, they are not charging me for the oil change... what an absolute waste!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Hokiesean...

What was the problem with the Sunroof they were fixing? Just curious..

Too bad about the grill.

Gary

Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by garyjay
Hokiesean...

What was the problem with the Sunroof they were fixing? Just curious..

Too bad about the grill.

Gary
The rubber accordian finisher on each side of the sunroof falls off. It is there for appearance , the dealer will either use 2-sided tape to put it back on or use adhesive. A lot of us have had this fix done. It's just a minor annoyance.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
The rubber accordian finisher on each side of the sunroof falls off. It is there for appearance , the dealer will either use 2-sided tape to put it back on or use adhesive. A lot of us have had this fix done. It's just a minor annoyance.
Thats the one. There is a TSB posted about it somewhere around here-

Old 08-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I have the same problem with my grill. For that matter, after 6k miles my whole bumper is chewed up. Anyone else having bumper problems too?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by Gordolordo
I have the same problem with my grill. For that matter, after 6k miles my whole bumper is chewed up. Anyone else having bumper problems too?
I learned from my '02 Maxima and made sure a clear bra was put on my G. My Maxima at 60K miles has quite the sandblasted look.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I just got a call today from my dealership and my replacement grille is finally in. They are sending it to my local Nissan dealership where it will be installed at no charge. I asked the guy at the Infiniti dealership if this is the exact same grille or is it a revised grille.........he stated he wasn't sure. I then asked him what happens if my grille starts pitting again after a month or two........his response was to give him a call and we'll replace it again. He stated that as long as I have warranty on the car, we'll keep replacing the grille if the problem persists. I was definitely satisfied with that.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Just got my new grill yesterday. I also asked if it had changed at all, and he said he didn't think so. Winter is coming we will see.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
Just got my new grill yesterday. I also asked if it had changed at all, and he said he didn't think so. Winter is coming we will see.
Let me know how you make out with your new grille and I'll do the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my grill. Yours better or worse???