Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers

Well guys, just picked up a couple of new mods over at Riverside Infiniti yesterday. Already got the JDM Tails installed. Here are some pics of the new tail lights and some before and after pics. Not sure yet if I'm liking them, so let me know what you guys think. I also have some pics of the install if anyone is interested in seeing those... total install time was less than 30 minutes... very easy!

Before:

After:

Also picked up some carbon fiber battery and brake fluid reservoir covers. These are tru dry carbon fiber covers that mount on top of the factory covers. Got one installed already... Here are some pics.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The JDM tails don't look right on your color car, send them to me They all look great! How did you get the JDM tails through Riverside and how much?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Hehe.. Thanks, Will... I'm actually really not sure if I like them on my IP car yet or not. Would look smoking hot on a black, PG, or even LP for sure.

Yeah, I got them from Riverside Infiniti. Rick's had them on order forever and only got two sets in, boh of which are sold, so I'm not sure how soon he can get anymore. He gave me a great deal on them, but he should be able to get them for you for around $345 for the pair (which is a great price), if he can get more. Just give him a call and see what he says. I'm gonna PM him this thread, so hopefully he'll chime in here sometime soon.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it but I can't really tell the different, is it clearer VS US G??

Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
The blinker light is amber as opposed to just red.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
A,
If you decide to take the JDM tails off, let me know. I should have bought that other set when I had the chance to, so live and learn lol.

San

Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
A,
If you decide to take the JDM tails off, let me know. I should have bought that other set when I had the chance to, so live and learn lol.

San
no fair, I commented first!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm 2go, i dunno if the JDM tails look any good on our IP's. but its just my opinion

Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks great..they have those batt covers in cf for a coupe at riverside as well?..how much?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh ok Thanks, I think they are nice but it is little too pricey IMO just to get amber color going, but like I said if you like it, its all good.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 AM
Looks great bro
When i saw it at HB I was like DAMNNNNN lol

Old 03-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
NICE!
It's really funny though...My buddy's RSX and my old tiburon,we wanted all red. we bought red overlays to turn our rear ambers to red.
Now, the "in thing" is to go from red to amber.
I'm confused,

regardless, looks real good, definitely unique. now you should consider changing the rear badges to Nissan Skyline, and a 350GT badge where the G35 is. Now that would be JDM.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by san~man
A,

San
Hehe.. Well, San, you'll be second in line to Will, if I do decide to sell them. If you really want a set, just ask Rick... he should be able to get a set for you, if you can wait another year.

Originally Posted by G35xQX1
hmmm 2go, i dunno if the JDM tails look any good on our IP's. but its just my opinion
I have to agree with you.. not sure if I like the Amber with the IP... It's definitely different, but does it actually look better than the all red tails.??? don't know yet.

Originally Posted by IrockAG35
looks great..they have those batt covers in cf for a coupe at riverside as well?..how much?
Thanks, Man... Is it a 2nd gen coupe? If so, they use the same covers, so the same ones will fit... Mine were a pre-production run, so I'm not sure if Rick can get them yet or not... Give him a call and see what he says.

Originally Posted by G35Robby
Looks great bro
When i saw it at HB I was like DAMNNNNN lol
Thanks... Now I just need to do something with the headlights... just waiting to see how yours turn out first.

Originally Posted by johnnyzee
NICE!
It's really funny though...My buddy's RSX and my old tiburon,we wanted all red. we bought red overlays to turn our rear ambers to red.
Now, the "in thing" is to go from red to amber.
I'm confused,

regardless, looks real good, definitely unique. now you should consider changing the rear badges to Nissan Skyline, and a 350GT badge where the G35 is. Now that would be JDM.
Thanks! I know what you mean... Years ago, when I had my Eclipse GSX and E36 M3, everyone was trying to get rid of the amber lights and turn signals, since all of the cars had them... now the amber seems to be the in thing, since all of the manufacturer's have switched to all red tails in the US... Seems everyone wants wht they can't have. All I know is that my tails are fairly unique right now, but as soon as everyone starts switching to the JDM tail lights, them I'll probably switch back. LOL

Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Thanks... Now I just need to do something with the headlights... just waiting to see how yours turn out first.
I cant wait bro. This is the one mod that going to change the whole look of the car.
I sent you a PM BTW

Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Got it and responding now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - JDM Rear Tails & CF Battery/Brake Covers