Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Service NIGHTMARE - Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service NIGHTMARE - Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

I took my car in for the 7500 mile service and for some TSB fixes. 3 days and $220 later, I get my car back. For comparison, average 7500 mile service takes about 2 hours and costs from $50-$120.

So let's start at the beginning:

The loaner car (silver fx35) was filthy, stunk of smoke, had no windshield wiper fluid in the resevoir, passenger side windshield wiper needed replaced and was not clearing the windshield at all, according to the maintanence button.. had not had its oil changed in 5600+ miles and there was no visible oil change sticker, and during shifts in weight (cornering, changing lanes, etc etc) at higher speeds, it creaked and squeaked like an unoiled seesaw.

Monday the car was dropped off at 10am. Car was brought in for the 7500 mile service per infiniti's recommended warranty path. I also was suffering from the rocking seat problem on the coupe, grease streaking windows, and rattles from the rear parcel shelf and front door panels, temperature pod malfunction, and the brakes were rear squealing at times. This should have entailed some basic inspections (brakes, suspension, etc) and an oil change for the 7500 mile service, and some basic TSB repairs for very well known problems. What it actually ended up being was the gimmicky fuel system treatment, oil change, inspection, throttle plate cleaning, repeated statements that they were unable to duplicate the rocking seat or rattles, a failed attempt to fix the grease streaking (actually made it MUCH worse), and $220 out of my pocket.

I forgot to leave a sheet telling them what BCM changes I wanted done while it was in the shop, so I got a phone call around 2pm on Monday which resulted in me faxing them the paper stating what I wanted changed. No call on Tuesday from them. No call on Wednesday from them. I called mid-afternoon Wednesday, and they inform me that my car is done. I ask if all the repairs were done, they said no. That only 1 was done... the window streaks. I asked why, they said they couldn't duplicate the problems. So... I asked how they tried duplicating them. This is what I got:

rocking seat:
"We drove around in normal traffic at the speed limit."

according to the TSB, rocking seat:
Usually happens during sharp turns or hard acceleration/braking.

Rattles in the speakers:
"We played a CD (it was some mellow pop music with primarily treble) at volume setting 10, no rattles were heard."

According to the TSB, rattles:
Volume setting of 14, bass tracks, and/or bumpy roads cause the rattles.

They "supposedly" tried again after I informed them that they are not even following their own TSB's. They said they failed to reproduce them again, but would try later and call me back. I adamently stated that I wanted the problems to be addressed, that they were well known problems and that I drove my car 2 hours each way to bring it in to get serviced. I also called my sales person there, and informed her of the situation. She said she would see if she could help out. No call back.

They finally call me Thursday afternoon. "We can't duplicate the problem, your car is done, the total will be $216.77 after taxes. When can you come pick it up?" I went and got my car.

While there, they tell me they couldn't do the TSB's except for updating the NAV firmware and the grease streaks. I gripe once again, pay for my car and go outside. Check over my car briefly... and then walk back in. I point out that on my work order copy it says they washed my car and vacuumed it. The car had more dirt on it than when I brought it in. Lifting up the floor mat on both the drivers and passenger side showed a fair amount of dirt. Back mats showed the same. Doesn't seem like it was washed nor vacuumed.

I pop a CD in, put the volume on 12 while I re-adjust my seat. Immediately, rattles from the back and the front. I go back inside. Talk to the GM of the dealership. Tell him that the car was not cleaned as the work order says it was, questioned whether the other work was done properly, and stated that I just popped a CD in and have duplicated the rattles in less than a minute theat they failed to duplicate per my instructions and their own over a period of 3 days. He apologized for the huge hassle that I have had, the messed up loaner car, and the problems with the service department.

At that point, I was quite upset with the service, with the hassle, and with the fact that my problems were not even attempted to be addressed (They never even attempted to fix the temperature pod malfunction and stated that they were unable to duplicate the others, which i was able to do in less than a minute).

So, with that said.. avoid D&R - Indy Service department like the PLAGUE.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Re: Service NIGHTMARE - Dreyer/Reinbold in Indy

Visions see my reply in the other thread that you posted in here in the midwest section. I would suggest trying D&R south. I've had great service and everything has been done within a couple hours of my dropping my car off. They are much less busy than the north location. Just my thoughts.

Ryan

03.5 Red w/ Willow G35 Coupe, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:27 PM

I've been going there too and have mixed feelings. The car is usually ready when they say, but it just seems like they are out to gouge you on the service costs. For my 7500 mile, I said forget it to the bottle of gumout and throttle body cleaning, plus the "inspections" and just had the oil changed and tires rotated. Still almost $100 just for that. I am going to cut back on on the stuff they want to do at 15000 miles too. Just seems unnecessary and a big rip off. I might consider major service at 30000, but our cars really shouldn't need anything other than oil changes and tire rotations until then. I'll have them look at the brakes too at the 15K check. I have also noticed that the loaner cars are kind of trashed out. I guess they don't care much about them for some reason.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:44 PM

Yeah, see the thing with my 7500 mile service, I specifically told them I just want the service done per Infiniti's service plan for the car. Which entailed suspension and brake inspection as well as the oil change, basically. They still did the other stuff as well.

I handed Scott Kenny (the GM there) a stack of 20 pages of lawsuits and filings by the FTC against the manufacturers of fuel and oil additives. He thanked me for the information.

The key point is that many car manufacturers and oil companies explicitly state to NOT use those products with their oil or cars. They can cause damage to the components of the car.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 02-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

visions... that stinks!

i haven't had a problem with D&R indy service for the 5-6 times i've brought my car in for either TSBs, oil change, or scheduled maintenance (7500 was a ripoff). i've been pleased with them so far. my service guy is super nice too and likes to explain things to me.

a few times, they've surprised me with an infiniti loaner when i was told i'd get some enterprise one due to short notice. if you ask me, i think the enterprise loaners are in better shape. first infiniti loaner i got was a silver FX35. it was like brand new and beautiful, but this was a long *** time ago. a few months later, i got a G sedan, also pretty new and this was a few months later. after that, the loaners have been pieces of ****. i don't know if it's the customers or the techies driving them, but they smell "sanitized," they're filthy (coffee stains and footprints galore), and the past 2 needed a wheel alignment really badly. i just don't think people are taking care of those poor things. i just dropped off my mom's car for service and the mercedes benz dealership was SO **** about their loaner. i got a ML350 and the guy had so many rules: "don't eat, drink, smoke in the vehicle. (haha it even had a huge no smoking sticker inside.) walk around the car for me and check for any dents. treat this car as if it were your own." haha unlike infiniti: "here's the keys. we'll call you when we're done." but eh, the loaner is nice instead of waiting for them to finish up with my car.

i also reported a front creaking. their solution? "could not duplicate. come pick your car up." that's the only thing they couldn't fix. rear brakes, A/C growl, temp sensor are some of the things they've taken care of. no probs so far. *crosses fingers*

i haven't gone to D&R greenwood for service and i'm not sure i plan to unless indy really F's things up. D&R indy service has been nice to me. D&R indy's sales dept, however, is a different story for me...

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 02-04-2004, 10:41 PM

Yo V I cant say I feel your pain.All the techs fight over whos gonna work on my vehicle. I think that its all the mods, keeps them interested. Hang in there....

QM 13.80 0 2 60 5.2secs

Old 02-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

darrin... they fight over your vehicle because the winner gets to work on your car then do a test drive by the keystone mall, where all the femmes hang out. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 02-05-2004, 08:31 AM

Haha, it's good to have g35girl back.

Ryan

03 Red Coupe w/ Willow, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:05 PM

wait.. maybe that is worth the trip up there.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe / 5-wire grounding / Z-Tube / JWT Pop Charger

Old 02-11-2004, 07:08 PM

my car has been stock when they have seen it, but not anymore. i don't know if i have just had bafoons working on my car or what. perhaps i am more picky about the service of my car since i am a mechanics son by nature. who knows.

all i know is that the only problem they were able to "fix" for me, made my grease streaks worse. at least i got the 7500 mile service for free and didn't die in the piece of crap fx loaner they gave me.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:10 PM

yeah, i second the fact that the loaner cars are going down hill. when i got my car there a year ago, the loaners were nice and new. now they are beat to hell, smelll bad, drive horrible, and dont get oil changes.

poor cars. i felt like hand washing and vacuuming the loaner because i felt bad for it. i would never "mistreat" my car like that.