NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Long Island - Suffolk County Tint Shop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Long Island - Suffolk County Tint Shop?

Hey .. I did try the search.. can anyone recommend a good tint place, preferably in Suffolk County... anyone that uses 3m tint? Hyper Optik if it is worth the higher price? I called the guy that did my last car and the cuts are great but he dosent use any of these brand tints and my last car is starting to turn a bit purplish .. granted the car is 6 years old... but still.. would like a better tint if possible... thanks guys...

Chris

Old 07-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
detailing dynamics in mineola....been doing great work for years

Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know any in Suffolk but a few places in Nassau and Queens.. I always recommend the Tint Shop in Great Neck on Northern Blvd. They're a mile or so away from Millennium Infiniti.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:38 AM
where do you live?

Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Im out by Port Jefferson... thanks for that one rec. though.. Ill give them a buzz this morning... I used CJ window tinting for my last car that I still have.. he works out of Riv and off of Vets depending upon the day.. I have to say I like his work.. just wish he used one of the more expensive and hopefully better tints such as 3m or Hyper Optik....

Chris

Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Detailing Dynamics for traditional high quality tint or JAMES TINT for Huper Optik. I am currently trying to coordinate with James to get him to come down to LI and do 5-6 cars in a day. I have cars lined up, just awaiting feedback from James. ALso need an inside work area for him to work.

James does great work and his prices are unbeatable for Hupers! It is well worth the drive (Probably take you a little over 1.5hrs to get there from Pt Jeff. He does great work and his prices are incredible.

If you want to wait a bit, let me touch base with James this weekend and see if I can schedule him to come down to LI

Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Diesel, if James does come to LI, I'm in too. Just let me know the date and place, and I will be there. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Well Detailing Dynamics wants the car for a full day... thats out of the question, cant do a drop off for the day out in Nassau..

I would be interested if James is coming down to LI....

Chris

Old 07-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Detailing Dynamics for traditional high quality tint or JAMES TINT for Huper Optik. I am currently trying to coordinate with James to get him to come down to LI and do 5-6 cars in a day. I have cars lined up, just awaiting feedback from James. ALso need an inside work area for him to work.

James does great work and his prices are unbeatable for Hupers! It is well worth the drive (Probably take you a little over 1.5hrs to get there from Pt Jeff. He does great work and his prices are incredible.

If you want to wait a bit, let me touch base with James this weekend and see if I can schedule him to come down to LI

yeah when is this still going ot happen?

Old 07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
I have been playing phone tag with 2 parties. I have tried emails after initial convos to no avail. I know James and the otehr shop are extremely busy so let me try giving both parties a ring this week/Saturday to see if we can schedule something.

If anyone knows of a large place to fit a car with all doors open, then we can try that. All James needs is a place for a car and his materials.

I should try to post a feeler on here. I already have 5-6 cars that want in and who knows with all you guys! Keep an eye out in the NE forum.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:54 PM
if all else fails go to the tint shop in great neck on northern blvd they do great work and ud only be there for about an hour or so depending on how many cars in front it mightbe longer but in no way would u have to leave your car there all day

Old 07-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey all.. thanks for all the recommendations.. I ended up calling James.. dosent sound like he will be doing tinting down here anytime soon so I am heading up there next week... nice road trip.. 2.5 hours to get there... kinda sick but I guess its a day trip... Ill post pics after its done... thanks guys!

Chris

Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
Hey all.. thanks for all the recommendations.. I ended up calling James.. dosent sound like he will be doing tinting down here anytime soon so I am heading up there next week... nice road trip.. 2.5 hours to get there... kinda sick but I guess its a day trip... Ill post pics after its done... thanks guys!

Chris
It shouldn't take ya that long. I left in the early AM and got there in a lil under 1.5. You are only about 30 min from me so you should be able to do it in 2hrs or less.

If he isn't coming down here i may have to take the trip up too!

Old 07-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I was planning to go up to james last week, but I got busy and had to cancel.

I should be going up sometime next week. Maybe we can all arrange something

Old 07-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to jamestint with my brother a couple of months back to get my car tinted. When I went to go pick my car up james noticed that my brothers acura cl had huper optics on them and asked who did it. I only knew he went to some place in manhattan and james knew exactly who tinted my brother's car. Anyway the place in the city is called "art of tint"
www.theartoftint.com/index.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long Island - Suffolk County Tint Shop?