NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

BEWARE of HERB CHAMBERS of Boston service department!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE of HERB CHAMBERS of Boston service department!

I took my car to be serviced there today and the service guy i talked to was EXTREMELY RUDE! I took the guy for a drive to show him what was wrong with the car (clicking noise when I floor it and a loose clanky noise when i go over a bump on the right side). The service guy told me to show him when it makes noise so I said I have to floor it and he said ok show me. So I did and he said that's a bit extreme.. you should never floor it and you won't have problems. So I'm thinking in my head that regardless of how if i floor it or not.. the car should not make noises. If I'm merging onto the highway and I need the power then I will floor it. He was also saying how if this is my fault for the clanky sound and clicking sound then they will not fix it. I have had this car for ONE MONTH. Then he pointed out that my windows were illegal which is true (20% all around) but I brought my cars in for the noises not the windows. He begins to say you will never pass inspection and that WHEN the cops pull me over they will take a knife and rip off my film. He said do you have connections and I said I don't know and then he continued to ask so i said my brother is a firefighter and he then says that his cousin is a cop and that even he failed inspection. He then asked if I cared if I fail inspection and I said I don't know and he kept asking. I also came in an hour late for the appointment because my daughter is teething so he kept giving me sh*t about it. He said I had to take it back Monday and I agreed and he said what time. So I said the earliest which is at 7 and he said are you sure you can get out of bed.. you seem lazy.. you sure 7 doesnt mean 1030? and at this point I was furious but I bit my tongue and dropped him off without saying anything. I felt that i was treated very poorly. So please if you plan on taking your car to HERB CHAMBERS in BOSTON beware of the service department. And they call this a luxury car dealership?...

Last edited by G35Driver19; 06-16-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:25 PM
sorry for the double thread post

Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM
yeah.. i hate that place.. go with infiniti of norwood.. much better service.. and the tech guys are really nice.. they WANT to fix your car... i recommened any of the service techs.. but if you see a tall white guy with glasses.. he'll take care of you..

Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Herb Chambers places are full off a bunch off Douche bags!!! I've had alot of dealings with them business wise and lets just say they don't pay their bills on time...Sorry to hear about your troubles

Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm shocked that that's the way he treated you, but not shocked to hear a complaint about their service dept. I've been there several times when I just bought the car, but will never go back. I now go to Kelly Infiniti.

I think you're foolish if you don't call and ask to talk to either 1) the service manager or 2) the general store manager and report this. I know it sounds silly to want to go back there, but you might be able to get something out of it. I doubt the contacts there are the same, as there's probably a high turnover in those positions, since their dept. SUCKS, but Paul Dineen is the Service Manager (617) 730-5595 contact I have written down from 3 yrs. ago and Howie Reske as the Executive Manager (617) 739-6600.

Sorry to hear about that & let us know what you do!

Old 06-15-2008, 12:36 PM
hmm...where's eric

Old 06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
i've never had such a bad experience there, but i've also never had a GOOD one.... that's why i stay away (even though i live right by the dealership)

Old 06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Im lucky, my neighbor is my service advisor and he takes of anything I have asked for. Service departments are usually a horror show but I gotta say Inskip in RI has been great to me. Whuch is good cause in RI there are not a lot of options.

If I were you I would get ahold of the GM and tear him a new ***. If they want you back they at least owe you some free service visits or something.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Never had a problem with Herb Chambers. I brought my G from there and I go there whenever I need something major done. Who was the service tech that helped you out?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
I'm shocked that that's the way he treated you, but not shocked to hear a complaint about their service dept. I've been there several times when I just bought the car, but will never go back. I now go to Kelly Infiniti.

I think you're foolish if you don't call and ask to talk to either 1) the service manager or 2) the general store manager and report this. I know it sounds silly to want to go back there, but you might be able to get something out of it. I doubt the contacts there are the same, as there's probably a high turnover in those positions, since their dept. SUCKS, but Paul Dineen is the Service Manager (617) 730-5595 contact I have written down from 3 yrs. ago and Howie Reske as the Executive Manager (617) 739-6600.

Sorry to hear about that & let us know what you do!
Ditto on everything. Kelly Infiniti is where I will take my car even though its freakin' far away. I have given up on Infiniti of Boston.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Never had a problem with Herb Chambers. I brought my G from there and I go there whenever I need something major done. Who was the service tech that helped you out?
+1 I bought my car from them and i've never had a problem. Although I keep hearing these stories of people who have had terrible experiences. The guy I bring my car to everytime, his name is Nigel, hes taken care of all my problems since day 1.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDude
+1 I bought my car from them and i've never had a problem. Although I keep hearing these stories of people who have had terrible experiences. The guy I bring my car to everytime, his name is Nigel, hes taken care of all my problems since day 1.
SAme here ....Nigel is a cool guy... he is my connect.. hehe

Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Niigel is the man up there. Alex is also cool and I forget the older guy with the glasses. I've never had any issues. Only dealership person I know who won't rape you for a clutch install

Old 06-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Alex was the guy I had the problem with... I talked to the service manager and one of the sales manager and they said they were sorry and that things like that happen but they apologize for what happened.. I took it to Kelly Infiniti in Danvers and they found the problem and ordered a new control arm for the right side suspension with no questions asked.. The car only has 1100 miles on it so I'm pretty suprised that something is broken already..

Old 06-16-2008, 11:54 PM
they weren't able to hear the clicking noise during hard acceleration though but the service tech went on a test drive himself so who knows.. the tank had a 3/4 left when I gave him the keys and when I got the car back.. there was 1/2 a tank left so who knows

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of HERB CHAMBERS of Boston service department!