NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Madico or Huper Optik tint in NJ/PA/NY area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madico or Huper Optik tint in NJ/PA/NY area?

Anyone know of any GOOD authorized dealers in the NJ, east PA, or southeast NY area that do these tints?

Only guys I've found so far is this:
http://www.andrettiglastint.com/
for $380 on Huper.

Which isn't a bad price at all. But I wouldn't mind something a little closer to NJ, and preferably Madico Charcoal, cause it's just so much cheaper and it's still ceramic.

Anyone know of a place?

Thanks

---
2004 Twlight Blue/Willow 6mt Coupe.
Bel Vector 985 Hardwired.
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.
Carputer. (Thanks GOC,G35Pimp, and others for their ideas)

Old 05-25-2004, 02:31 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Madico or Huper Optik tint in NJ/PA/NY area?

The following is a response letter I got from Huper Optic after requesting a list of authorized dealers in the tri-state are:

<font color=red>Thank you for your interest in our Smart Window Film Technology. The area you specified has a few of the Northeast best window filmers.

In CT...we offer Sunlimited from Bridgeport, CT...Steve and his staff can be reached at 302 650 1003 or 203 335 6333.

In NJ please feel free to contact Andretti Glas-Tint, Michael and Mario Andretti have teamed with Glas-Tint of NJ to offer superior service. located in Allentown, PA (610) 266-9714

Orange County, NY has James Window in Middletown, they can be reached at 845 343 0006. James location is easily found and has many restraunts and stores surrounding them to keep you busy while your car is being filmed. James has done all of the cars for the family on American Choppers.

Finally, In Poughkeepsie, Greater Metro/Windowfilm.com, the Curry family is well known for doing several apartments in Donald Trumps building as well as many more high end art collectors. The automtive shops work is just as high end with references available. Phone is 845 485 1900. </font color=red>

Hope this helps...

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

Old 05-25-2004, 11:11 PM

very nice.. I actually work in poughkeepsie, so I'll contact them and the orange county guys.

Much appreciated.

---
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

I was actually planning on having my tint done over there as well - sometime next month. If you happen to be there beforehand, please let me know how it went...

Thanks.

Daniel.

04 6MTC DG/G/Prm/NAV/C.Crnrs/C.Br/A.ped/Polk/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged/JWT Pop Charger/Z-Tube/Spl.Grds

Old 05-26-2004, 09:17 AM

Ok just called a couple of places... The orange county place, no good. The lady was just like "$275, but you do realize that's only the rear, and you can't do anything to the sides to be legal"

So that was the end of that conversation.

The poughkeepsie guy seemed pretty nice, right off of 44/55 too I think. His quote was $360. He said he can't do a group buy thing just cause it's so damn expensive and annoying to install huper..

The earliest he can do it is June 4th also.. booked until then

The Allentown,PA guys quote was $380.

Both those last two places seem pretty good. I'm probably gonna do the Poughkeepsie place soon. I'll get back to you with results.

Thanks

---
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:29 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

That's weird,

I was quoted $275 as well at James Window by that same lady, but she never mentioned anything about the rear only. She said the only problem I might run into is that I'll need to leave the car with them the whole day as they get really busy on Saturdays and Huper takes longer to dry.

Old 05-26-2004, 11:35 AM

I'm almost 100 percent sure that's what she meant.

She said something along the lines of "We have to leave the side windows pretty much clear to leave it legal." Legally, 70 percent is allowed in NY, and I have NY plates, so I can't pull off "but my state is different"

And 70 percent is basically nothing, so forget that. You might want to call back to confirm the side thing, I may have just misunderstood her or something.

It would explain the huge difference in price though.

Either way, from what prices I've seen around the country, $360 is not bad one bit.

---
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:21 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Well I'm from CT. The legal limit here is 35%. I was thinking of Huper 40% all the way around.
I think I might give her another call.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:32 PM

Im also looking to have my windows done, be sure to let me know how it turns out i might be up for a road trip. Or if group pricing is available!

Will

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 05-26-2004, 12:39 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

wizawuza,

Just called James Window to double check, and it looks like there was some kind of misunderstanding. They do Huper for $275 (coupe price, didn't ask about the sedan) for all windows EXCEPT for the front windshield (I think that's where the confusion was). She said that under penalty of law they cannot touch the front windshield.
She said they carry in stock 30%, 40% and others...

So if I were you, I'd go there (and I am going...[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]), can't beat that price....

Old 05-26-2004, 01:04 PM

wow...
wow...
haha. Yeah, $275... great price. I'm definately going there. Good thing I just read this, was bout to call the $360 place and set up an appointment.

And for that price, I doubt group pricing is available, nor do I think it matters. $275 is by far lower than anything I've seen.

Thanks for the help guys

---
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:08 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

When you get it done, post some pics and opinion. I'd love to see and hear it.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:10 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Im also looking to have my windows done, be sure to let me know how it turns out i might be up for a road trip. Or if group pricing is available!

Will

<hr></blockquote>

Will let me know when you want to do it, maybe we can get it done at the same day...

Old 05-26-2004, 02:04 PM

Ok, here's what's going on.

This new guy said "in NY, we cannot do below 70 percent blah blah"

So I say "I'm moving to north carolina soon" quickest thing I could think of that I knew had more liberal tint laws.

And then he says "Yeah it doesn't matter, we just have to tell you that it's illegal".

Then he tells me $300, I tell him a friend got a quote of $275 for the same car, he changes his quote.

The next saturday that they are available, June 19th. So I'm going to be there ~9am on June 19th. Anyone else want to get teh same day for an appointment? I'll try to post pics when the time comes.

---
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:17 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

I need to check my schedule but it's very possible that I'll do it on the 19th as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Madico or Huper Optik tint in NJ/PA/NY area?