NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

I'm used to potholes, but WTF?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I'm used to potholes, but WTF?!?!?

Has anyone else noticed that potholes are much worse than usual this year?
I was getting off the Pike on to 495 North this past Tuesday and there was a huge gateway to hell on the ramp. It was like the expansion joint had completely broken apart. There on the side of the ramp in the snow was at least, and I'm not exaggerating, a dozen hubcaps. Halfway through the ramp was an Audi A4 with a blown tire. At the end of the ramp was an Accord with a blown tire. By the time I got to rte 9 (like one mile), I counted 6 cars with flats!
I called the Pike to complain and got an answering machine. I left a message and on Friday morning, on my way to work, I heard on the radio that the ramp was closed for emergency pothole repair.

All over the roads, there are killer potholes this year. It's a matter of time before I miss one and I'm swallowed whole.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully good 'ol Barak will use that infrastructure money for Mass roads/bridges/ect.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
omgggg from from bristol, we well i dont see many cars with flats, but some poholes around here i swear could measure 6 inchs deep, and when your moving at 35mph, that =hell for the whole car lol

dam town cant even fill em in or rapave any roads becuase they spend all the tax money on makeing a few main streets look what they think is nice but to me looks like crap.

just my 2 cents lol

Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Nothing like the Queens, NY potholes.. love it!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
i think i should carry a bucket of tar in my dam trunk and fill in the potholes that are every 5 feet

Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Montreal pot-holes are soo bad...we have a web site dedicated to it...

find a pot holes, report it..and lots of ppl are reporting the same one....it shows that it is probably a big one and the city comes out and fixes it..... fast response

Old 12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
o yeah ive been out to laval which is basicly right next to monteal...and dam....veryyy bad, must suck driving the G witht hose all around haha

Old 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Pine street won't be repaved until the new highway is done!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats the street that needs it the most, i can barely drive on it

Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Has anyone else noticed that potholes are much worse than usual this year?
I was getting off the Pike on to 495 North this past Tuesday and there was a huge gateway to hell on the ramp. It was like the expansion joint had completely broken apart. There on the side of the ramp in the snow was at least, and I'm not exaggerating, a dozen hubcaps. Halfway through the ramp was an Audi A4 with a blown tire. At the end of the ramp was an Accord with a blown tire. By the time I got to rte 9 (like one mile), I counted 6 cars with flats!
I called the Pike to complain and got an answering machine. I left a message and on Friday morning, on my way to work, I heard on the radio that the ramp was closed for emergency pothole repair.

All over the roads, there are killer potholes this year. It's a matter of time before I miss one and I'm swallowed whole.
After the storm, 495 got a lot of bad potholes. My friend blew both driver side front and rear on her 07 Eclipse.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by interrupt
Nothing like the Queens, NY potholes.. love it!
+1 Queens and Bklyn takes the cake... and a chunk of u rims

Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
What's worse is when it rains.
These damn things are invisible until you hit them.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
What's worse is when it rains.
These damn things are invisible until you hit them.
true on that! i was driving down rt16 in everett heading towards medford on friday night wen the snow was melting and i didnt know there was a TRENCH in the middle of the road until i hit it. it ate my whole car! i noticed the next morning i had a huge bubble on my pass side front tire.. ****! then my buddy pulls up in his STi and i look at his rims and he has a huge dent on the front and rear rims on the pass side..****! i felt worse for him

Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
AesonVirus welcome to pothole central. What causes them is poor maintenance of the state highways and roads. Have you ever noticed when you drive on some streets how the ground is sunk in? What it is is the roads get paved and they don't let the cement/concrete/asphalt settle and dry. You then get those busses and trucks that sink into it causing what we call tidal waves in the steet. It will be even worse for the little chunks that get expanded due to the plowing of the streets. I was reimburrsed for 3 sets of wheels due to potholes (cracked two pair of Racing Harts and some Type-R wheels all on my 99 SI). Your insurance will pay and they just go after the city. But it makes you wonder what the hell we pay excise tax for . I think the worst is the Tobin Bridge.

Definately can agree with you there. Brooklyn is the home of the coffin for wheels . Even when comming into NYC on 95 going through the Bronx. I hit some real bad pot holes there. At one point even thought I left part of my suspension behind.
Originally Posted by same olg
+1 Queens and Bklyn takes the cake... and a chunk of u rims

Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah, id say your friend with the eclipse should try getting in contact with the highway dept and her ins co.... that's what they're for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm used to potholes, but WTF?!?!?